Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

I prefer the texture of the PBT keycaps as well. However, I find that over a long period of time that ABS has been easier on strain. However that may still be due to me getting used to the caps (PBT, and cherry blues, been using browns exclusively)  :)

easier on strain in what way exactly, like bottoming out?

Got my QFR within the last wek, got blacks as browns didn't sem available. Having obvious diffs with some double strokes but overall love the feeling :)

Swapped mapping of CTRL and ALT using AutoHotkey as it's better for firefox and C+P. Swapped W and J keycaps so I can locate that boost key for WoWP and just now fitted the red S key for redness. Fun!

So LTT key caps?

I'd like L & T and a textured W if poss.

Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 | 2500k | 16GB Geil 1866 | Seasonic g360 | Windforce GTX660 | SSDs: 250GB 840 + 2x240GB m500 Striped | Spinners: 640GB 2.5" + 2x2TB Mirrored

QFR : TKStealth : Noctua : Abyssus : Nostromo : Dell & Asus screens on my Lavolta Triple

7 is my main OS + several VMs on my 500GB SSD Stripe

easier on strain in what way exactly, like bottoming out?

Well for reference I type anywhere around 115-130 WPM. When I type on my PBT keycaps over time I'll start to really feel a strain not necessarily from bottoming out. I'll feel a strain in my under neath my arm near my elbow. I use my PBT Keyboard above the desk with a wrest so I'm not sure if that is the reason why with my other keyboard that is ABS its underneath and so probably a little more comfortable. I just feel that because of the larger key cap that I get tired faster with the PBT.

Well for reference I type anywhere around 115-130 WPM. When I type on my PBT keycaps over time I'll start to really feel a strain not necessarily from bottoming out. I'll feel a strain in my under neath my arm near my elbow. I use my PBT Keyboard above the desk with a wrest so I'm not sure if that is the reason why with my other keyboard that is ABS its underneath and so probably a little more comfortable. I just feel that because of the larger key cap that I get tired faster with the PBT.

Hmm are your ABS caps cherry height/profile and your PBT OEM height/profile?

Hmm are your ABS caps cherry height/profile and your PBT OEM height/profile?

I have  A G710+ The keys don't feel as tall height wise and the 710+ has less of a incline profile because of the wrest it has versus the ducky which is 1 inch incline with nothing curving to the keyboad like the 710+ does, although like I've shown in my picture I have a wrist wrest which helps deal with the incline dramatically. So I guess to be more simple the G710+ keys I feel require less elevation on my fingers then the Ducky Keyboard does which may cause more stress who knows could be the PBT keycaps I love them still but if you look at both keyboards it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to see what would be more comfortable :)

Logitech G710+ has been godlike for about a year now. Hope this keyboard last me about 3 more years ! 

I have  A G710+ The keys don't feel as tall height wise and the 710+ has less of a incline profile because of the wrest it has versus the ducky which is 1 inch incline with nothing curving to the keyboad like the 710+ does, although like I've shown in my picture I have a wrist wrest which helps deal with the incline dramatically. So I guess to be more simple the G710+ keys I feel require less elevation on my fingers then the Ducky Keyboard does which may cause more stress who knows could be the PBT keycaps I love them still but if you look at both keyboards it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to see what would be more comfortable :)

Oh the G710+ ones are OEM height but stock they come with orings thats why there is less strain. That will also reduce the travel slightly by 0.2mm or 0.4mm depending on the thiickness.

Oh the G710+ ones are OEM height but stock they come with orings thats why there is less strain. That will also reduce the travel slightly by 0.2mm or 0.4mm depending on the thiickness.

Would you think the o-rings would reduce the strain with the Ducky keyboards?

Would you think the o-rings would reduce the strain with the Ducky keyboards?

Yep on any cherry keyboard I have them on nearly all of mine. Once I got use to them I dislike typing with out them as its far less jarring on your fingers and a fair bit quieter. I recommend the ones from WASD keyboards Blue 40A-R for OEM height and Red 40A-L for Cherry or DCS (SP) height. 40A-L can also be used on OEM for a less reduction in travel but it will not dampen physically or audibly as much and for caps even taller caps like DSA (SP) you can double or for MKC zinc keycaps even tipple up on 40A-R's.

Yep on any cherry keyboard I have them on nearly all of mine. Once I got use to them I dislike typing with out them as its far less jarring on your fingers and a fair bit quieter. I recommend the ones from WASD keyboards Blue 40A-R for OEM height and Red 40A-L for Cherry or DCS (SP) height. 40A-L can also be used on OEM for a less reduction in travel but it will not dampen physically or audibly as much and for caps even taller caps like DSA (SP) you can double or for MKC zinc keycaps even tipple up on 40A-R's.

I noticed that WASD sold 2 different types the 40A-R and the 40A-L however I've noticed a different size from a O-Ring on amazon would it be better to get these as they are significantly cheaper?

http://www.amazon.com/008-Buna-N-O-Ring-Durometer-Round/dp/B0052AU0HQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1393461576&sr=8-2&keywords=o-rings+mechanical+keyboard

I noticed that WASD sold 2 different types the 40A-R and the 40A-L however I've noticed a different size from a O-Ring on amazon would it be better to get these as they are significantly cheaper?

http://www.amazon.com/008-Buna-N-O-Ring-Durometer-Round/dp/B0052AU0HQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1393461576&sr=8-2&keywords=o-rings+mechanical+keyboard

Those were what people initially used and did a group buy for on Geek Hack. WASD switched to EPDM because it more durable than Nitrile (the ones on amazon) for this purpose. Also the ones on there are 50A (hardness) while WASDs are 40A. 50A is what was used initially because it was the softest that could just be bought. 70A is actually what youll usually find at places like Home Depot or Lowes. 50A is still quite hard it had a very slight amount of give but once WASD offered 40A as well as 50A the 40A which has slightly more give without being squishy like 30A (someone special ordered some silicone ones), 40A hardness slowly won over to the point where WASD no longer offers 50A.

His 50A were available in black Nitrile initially then black EPDM. After that 40A EPDM were tried and then available in red which is why the model is 40A-R. Later the 40A-L were added for Cherry and SP DSC height caps. They were also in red as that was the only color that size could come in. At this time the 50A in black were still available. Once the 40A-R in red ran out they were reordered in blue so they could more easily be differentiated from the 40A-L. Once the 50A ran out they were never reordered as 40A won over and 50A are readily available in other materials like the amazon link you pointed out.

The orings also used to be only $15 form WASD but some time I believe last year they went up to $18. Either way they are a great purchase and the EPDM ones are durable enough to be transferred from keycap set to keycap set.

Those were what people initially used and did a group buy for on Geek Hack. WASD switched to EPDM because it more durable than Nitrile (the ones on amazon) for this purpose. Also the ones on there are 50A (hardness) while WASDs are 40A. 50A is what was used initially because it was the softest that could just be bought. 70A is actually what youll usually find at places like Home Depot or Lowes. 50A is still quite hard it had a very slight amount of give but once WASD offered 40A as well as 50A the 40A which has slightly more give without being squishy like 30A (someone special ordered some silicone ones), 40A hardness slowly won over to the point where WASD no longer offers 50A.

His 50A were available in black Nitrile initially then black EPDM. After that 40A EPDM were tried and then available in red which is why the model is 40A-R. Later the 40A-L were added for Cherry and SP DSC height caps. They were also in red as that was the only color that size could come in. At this time the 50A in black were still available. Once the 40A-R in red ran out they were reordered in blue so they could more easily be differentiated from the 40A-L. Once the 50A ran out they were never reordered as 40A won over and 50A are readily available in other materials like the amazon link you pointed out.

The orings also used to be only $15 form WASD but some time I believe last year they went up to $18. Either way they are a great purchase and the EPDM ones are durable enough to be transferred from keycap set to keycap set.

So are you saying that WASD orings are essentially more useful then the ones from other people? If so I'm thinking about the 40A-R. I think that is a good choice given its description.

Blue More shock reduction with noticeable shorter key travel.

So are you saying that WASD orings are essentially more useful then the ones from other people? If so I'm thinking about the 40A-R. I think that is a good choice given its description.

Blue More shock reduction with noticeable shorter key travel.

Not more useful necessarily. They are more durable and I and many others prefer the 40A hardness over the 50A. Yes I usually recommend the 40A-R unless you have a lower profile keycap. The decrease in key travel on both is noticeable but its very slight but the physical and audible dampening definitely makes up for it.

Hello guys, i have one question, i'm thinking of buying one ducky with blue switch, but I would like to hear from you guys if they are any good at gaming? I'm afraid of the miss double tapping on keys or something like that, but i love the music that pressing a blue switch does :3

Hello guys, i have one question, i'm thinking of buying one ducky with blue switch, but I would like to hear from you guys if they are any good at gaming? I'm afraid of the miss double tapping on keys or something like that, but i love the music that pressing a blue switch does :3

Have you tried any of the mechanical switches?

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

^ I agree as well have you. Blue's and Browns have a difficult time to double tap due to the tactile feedback you get back. So if you are afraid of that then you in the right to look toward the blue and you like the sound so blue is good as well. 

GMK DS ABS... none can beat it :P

Not sure if it's just me , but they make the click on my blues more crisp

PBT hands down unless its laser etched. I thing Cherry DS ABS (GMK is basically cherry) is too smooth for me. I mean its not bad I have a few cherry sets but I think their only on one board.

MK80 with cherry mx blues.

The switch I wanted with the features I wanted with the led colour I wanted and all without breaking my bank account :)

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

@Dave :)   Filco Majestouch Ninja FKBN104M/EFB2, Cherry MX Browns

awpb.png

z7wz.jpg

OHHHH DAMN I love the idea of the NINJAs :D so sweet.

Eventually I'll get a K70 with Cherry MX Reds and a red backlight.

Don't get MX reds... :| believe me you will regret, have you tried every MX switch?!

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I tried a Filco with browns, for a weekend and got no problem, and i also tried to touch the keys on a black widow in store, but it was inside a box, so i did't had the chance too fully trie it, but i like the sound of the keys very much...

Just got my K70 today and i'm loving it so far. Its such a good upgrade from membrane.

Swapped form a Zibal60 to a Shine 3 with white LED's and MX black. I miss the wrist rest and considering getting the wooden one if I can ever find one stocked.