Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)
11 hours ago, spwath said:

Well yeah, but it's so small

Hey, I was just looking at possibly replacing the LED on my keychain with a color cycling RGB LED and then the idea of having to solder it came up. Long story short... I wonder if this would work for you

http://www.amazon.com/0-2ML-Silver-Conductive-Electrically-Repair/dp/B00HNHUZ08/

with a fine needle to inject the conductive glue it should make it easy to connect wires to the teensy.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

1 hour ago, dtaflorida said:

Hey, I was just looking at possibly replacing the LED on my keychain with a color cycling RGB LED and then the idea of having to solder it came up. Long story short... I wonder if this would work for you

http://www.amazon.com/0-2ML-Silver-Conductive-Electrically-Repair/dp/B00HNHUZ08/

with a fine needle to inject the conductive glue it should make it easy to connect wires to the teensy.

No. He is already desolder in a full keyboard and hand wiring switches together he better be able to solder a few wires by the time he is done.

30 minutes ago, Charger said:

No. He is already desolder in a full keyboard and hand wiring switches together he better be able to solder a few wires by the time he is done.

Hopefully. I'm not great at soldering yet, but Hopefully I'll be better by the end

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

On 1/31/2016 at 7:35 AM, raendeu said:

Has anyone tried the Max Translucent Keycaps?
Or can recommend any keycaps that are fully transparent?

Any pictures, yes and no's of such setup?

recently sent my set over to @Charger to go on the LZGH

On 1/31/2016 at 7:53 AM, Skydiver said:

I have joined the club as well :,) welcome to my house g910

did you opt to grab the more standard caps?

On 2/1/2016 at 10:56 AM, Charger said:

No no no, you have the order all wrong... they were stoned which is why they bought razer products.

Really though there isn't anything really wrong with them other then price to quality ratio from what I have seen but a good deal is still a good deal.

Black Widow 2012 is legit as well as the Tournament Edition.

On 2/1/2016 at 11:25 AM, dtaflorida said:

Which is why they make great ebay items if you can get 'in' on their Insider deals. 50% off CES sale... omg their BW Chroma would be $85 free shipping, and I monitor ebay, and they go for about $120 + shipping. Pretty awsome margin there.

I wanted to get their base non backlight chicklet keyboard but it wouldnt give me the discount on it... Ended up getting a White Taipan instead an got a buddy a new Sabertooth.

17 hours ago, spwath said:

Well yeah, but it's so small

get back to me once you have done SMD

4 hours ago, spwath said:

Hopefully. I'm not great at soldering yet, but Hopefully I'll be better by the end

find something you dont care about, rip it apart, resolder it. Practice makes better!

On 1/29/2016 at 3:24 PM, Charger said:

Yeah, seems to work quite well. Takes a while to desolder this board, especially with the LEDs as well.

My resistors and ISO spacebars arived today. Now im just waiting on my Teensys, making the plates tomorow, and my keycaps from massdrop wont arive for a few months

diodes?

also @TheProfosist cheats with desoldering... well really he just invested in far better equipment then I have lol

I got sick of using my huge silverstat soldapult for everything. Man oh man these first few keyboards are going super quick as long as you keep the Hakko 808 clean. I think they finally replaced it with the FR300. The Hakko 808 has been around as long as I have. For desoldering Cherry MX you want a 1.0mm tip. Well unless you have a Steel Series 7G where is was hand soldered so every single Cherry MX leg is bent over to stay in place.

1 hour ago, TheProfosist said:

recently sent my set over to @Charger to go on the LZGH

I was going to reply to that and forgot. I will just quote him in the morning and attach images of vitalius' keyboard.

6 minutes ago, Charger said:

I was going to reply to that and forgot. I will just quote him in the morning and attach images of vitalius' keyboard.

So how is the LZGH going?

Also the caps for the TGR-Jane should be shipping to the US this week. we need to get the plates and stuff ordered and what not.

6 minutes ago, TheProfosist said:

So how is the LZGH going?

Also the caps for the TGR-Jane should be shipping to the US this week. we need to get the plates and stuff ordered and what not.

Every time I try to work on it shit comes up or I sit around watching  anime... you know how that goes. I really should just sit down and just put it together at some point it really shouldnt take that long but I know the switches will probaby take the longest.

Just now, Charger said:

Every time I try to work on it shit comes up or I sit around watching  anime... you know how that goes. I really should just sit down and just put it together at some point it really shouldnt take that long but I know the switches will probaby take the longest.

I totally know that feeling man. Just set aside time, sit down, have fun?

5 minutes ago, TheProfosist said:

I totally know that feeling man. Just set aside time, sit down, have fun?

I keep telling myself im going to do it then realize I need to clean an area to work and get side tracked doing that and start over the next time I try to work at it.

i love cherry mx green but its so hard to find a good one

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

5 hours ago, crysilis said:

i love cherry mx green but its so hard to find a good one

There's a massdrop for a CM Quickfire XT with greens

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/cm-quickfire-xt-with-cherry-mx-greens

Drop ends Feb 7th. Doesn't look good tho, no one has bought into it yet and it's been on for a few days. It's not backlit so it doesn't get much love.

RGB stuff usually gets filled up fast.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

My keyboard is a 1991 IBM Model M keyboard with the classic buckling spring switches. Weighing in at 3 pounds it's not a light keyboard and I am fairly sure that it could go through just about anything. I custom painted the key caps to make it a little more modern, and back lit the keys with RGB LED Lighting. Future plans for it include converting it over to USB, adding a USB Hub to be able to plug flash drives into it and writing a simple script in processing to be able to change the keyboard color based on what program I am using or based on system resource usage, as well as be able to control the lights through a program on the computer. Check it out below:

IMG_20151021_164722530.jpg

IMG_20151021_211219806.jpg

hey im actually looking to buy this version of the k65 and i want to see his size but its not written on their websit. could you send me his size?

Guys I’ve had this keyboard for a few years and I’m convinced it’s still the best mechanical TKL keyboard on the market.

Max Keyboards’ Blackbird. Red backlighting with cherry mx blue switches. It comes with a bunch of extra keys, a perfect wrist rest, and a nice little velcro strap for the gold-plated usb. Ive put O-rings on all the main keys(all but the top two F and number rows + the the arrow keys up) and it is just A++. This keyboard has N-key roll over through USB. Idk what’s on the market now, but when I bought this thing being able to slam your face and both palms on the keyboard and register every key instantly without any special adapter was pretty neat. This keyboard is still $150(what I paid years ago) you can get all kinds of keyboards with all kinds of features for the money today, but it’s still not a Blackbird. All the money goes to the right places. Once you go with TKL Blackbird theres no going back. 

Anyone else have this keyboard? I feel like its a rare decision? 

IMG_0312.JPG

IMG_0308.JPG

IMG_0309.JPG

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches

On 1/31/2016 at 5:35 AM, raendeu said:

Has anyone tried the Max Translucent Keycaps?
Or can recommend any keycaps that are fully transparent?

Any pictures, yes and no's of such setup?

I used the max front print transparent caps on @Vitalius' keyboard
K3iy57ph.jpg

MtcNy2Ph.jpg

22 hours ago, Charger said:

I keep telling myself im going to do it then realize I need to clean an area to work and get side tracked doing that and start over the next time I try to work at it.

I totally know what you mean took me how long to clean up my main desk and side desk. but that did allow for the pics to come soon but i think that applies more to the mouse thread ;)

5 hours ago, shooter2749 said:

hey im actually looking to buy this version of the k65 and i want to see his size but its not written on their websit. could you send me his size?

I am confused by this question...

40 minutes ago, Charger said:

I used the max front print transparent caps on @Vitalius' keyboard
K3iy57ph.jpg

MtcNy2Ph.jpg

I think mine will end up looking better since I choose a better LED for the task but maybe that is just me

7 minutes ago, TheProfosist said:

I think mine will end up looking better since I choose a better LED for the task but maybe that is just me

I went with the leds that the guy having the pcb made was selling with them. Korean keyboards using front leds I think is more of the problem. It kind of resulted in it being hard to impossible for me to read the legends.

54 minutes ago, Charger said:

I went with the leds that the guy having the pcb made was selling with them. Korean keyboards using front leds I think is more of the problem. It kind of resulted in it being hard to impossible for me to read the legends.

The LZGH has front LEDs but my dimmer wider ones should do far better hopefully.

1 hour ago, TheProfosist said:

I'm having the Corsair K70, it has a pretty decent lighting :D

2 hours ago, raendeu said:

I'm having the Corsair K70, it has a pretty decent lighting :D

this is a completely different realm and situation.

16 hours ago, JVarholTech said:

My keyboard is a 1991 IBM Model M keyboard with the classic buckling spring switches.

Holy crap, another Model M fan!  It's said that Model Ms don't die, but every so often one of them ventures off to Valhalla to join the pantheon of keyboards.  That generally only happens after it's been used to smash through concrete.

All these "mechanical keyboard" fans amuse me.  Bucking spring keyboards are the only way to go, IMHO.  And no one does them like IBM.

Anyway, I had a pile of original IBM Ms (with the 6-pin PS/2 connector) but I got rid of them a while ago.  I got tired of the crappy PS/2-to-USB adapters that were available at the time, and I also needed a Windows (or Mac "Command") key.  Fortunately Unicomp makes an exact replica of the M (from the original plans), but includes more keys and native USB.  I use them on my Macs and on my gaming rig.  I'll use nothing else.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/7/6882427/king-of-keys

"Those bastards are the ORIGINAL gaming keyboards. No matter how much you abuse it, you’ll die before it does."

Editing Rig: Mac Pro 7,1

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

Audio: Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt-3 Interface |

Displays: 3 x LG 32UL950-W displays |

Gaming Rig: PC

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Display: Asus PG32UQX 4K/144Hz displayBenQ EW3280U display

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |