Dave :)

mLpV9fJl.jpg

From the Top:

Northgate Computer Systems Omnikey 102 w/ White Alp Switches

IBM Model M (51G8572 by Lexmark)

Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja in White w/ Cherry MX Red Switches

Keyed Up Labs ES-87 w/ Cherry MX Clear Switches

Poker II w/ Cherry MX Brown Switches

I'll post this hear also as kind of a status update. I just picked a Model M for myself (51G8572), so I thought I'd take a family photo.

-snip-

From the Top:

Northgate Computer Systems Omnikey 102 w/ White Alp Switches

IBM Model M (51G8572 by Lexmark)

Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja in White w/ Cherry MX Red Switches

Keyed Up Labs ES-87 w/ Cherry MX Clear Switches

Poker II w/ Cherry MX Brown Switches

I'll post this hear also as kind of a status update. I just picked a Model M for myself (51G8572), so I thought I'd take a family photo.

So jelly of that white alps man D:

Also no Cherry MX blues?! O.o

Edited by SirReallySam

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

So jelly of that white alps man D:

Also no Cherry MX blues?! O.o

I never really liked the feeling of blues. I have owned a keyboard with cherry blue switches, but I bought it trying to find an alternative to my Omnikey. The blues just feel bad compared to white alp switches.

I never really liked the feeling of blues. I have owned a keyboard with cherry blue switches, but I bought it trying to find an alternative to my Omnikey. The blues just feel bad compared to white alp switches.

Dude I love alps probably the best. This is only by trying this though http://matias.ca/tactilepro4/%C2'> Even though they aren't actually white alps they still feel AMAZING and they are meant to emulate them pretty well... Moral of the story... I need white alps :3 any suggestions for a cheapish old one?!

PROFILEYEAH

well you could always make it yourself

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=850

not sure i like them renaming whites milk because they renamed clears white lol

Individual milk switches cost so much >< crazy expensive

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

well you could always make it yourself

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=850

not sure i like them renaming whites milk because they renamed clears white lol

As a completely inexperienced individual with soldering I wouldn't give my first attempt on a limited edition Ducky keyboard  :D

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

So I got this in the mail on Friday..

wGick2x.jpg

Beautiful... but could be better

FqBBZ1Q.jpg

Now this is what I'm talking about... (Filco on the left, o-rings in the bag, Ducky Premier Blue and Grey Blank keycaps on the right

PMJ0fOg.jpg

Look at the difference in thickness, you can tell the ducky ones are a much nicer quality

kySA8YX.jpg

Applying o-rings

ohtxIUT.jpg

Almost there...

fqyPGD0.jpg

The finished product

DTW073p.jpg

Dat Filco doe

b4HpBGO.jpg

Just a little typing demo if you're curious about how Cherry MX milk switches are like :D

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Got some (Cherry profile) dye-sub novelty caps.

-snip-

Very, VERY nice! I love that classic look with that color scheme. :wub:

@ exousia7, how do you like Whites? I have a couple of keyboards with Whites, a Ducky Shine 3 Yellow Ed and a KBParadise V60 Mini, and I find the switch to be rather inconsistent. Sometimes, you get a subtle/soft click, others....hardly any click. Not that I don't like 'em, I love stiffer/heavier switch types, even Black, but I find this inconsistency in Whites to be rather disconcerting. :unsure:

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

So I got this in the mail on Friday..

Beautiful... but could be better

Now this is what I'm talking about... (Filco on the left, o-rings in the bag, Ducky Premier Blue and Grey Blank keycaps on the right

Look at the difference in thickness, you can tell the ducky ones are a much nicer quality

Applying o-rings

Almost there...

The finished product

Dat Filco doe

-snip-

Very nice my friend :D

Just a little typing demo if you're curious about how Cherry MX milk switches are like :D

-snip-

Could you make the video unlisted again?! It says that it's private?!

PROFILEYEAH

Very nice my friend :D

Could you make the video unlisted again?! It says that it's private?!

Fixed! Sorry I don't really use Youtube that often ^.^''

Very, VERY nice! I love that classic look with that color scheme. :wub:

@ exousia7, how do you like Whites? I have a couple of keyboards with Whites, a Ducky Shine 3 Yellow Ed and a KBParadise V60 Mini, and I find the switch to be rather inconsistent. Sometimes, you get a subtle/soft click, others....hardly any click. Not that I don't like 'em, I love stiffer/heavier switch types, even Black, but I find this inconsistency in Whites to be rather disconcerting. :unsure:

As someone coming from blue switches, I'm actually liking the white switches so far. As for inconsistency....the only key difference I feel is the spacebar and other big keys like the backspace. Those clearly feel heavier than the rest of the white switches on the keyboard, but other than that....the clicks sound pretty consistent to me. I always knew milk switches had soft clicks compared to blues but after recording a video and skyping with my friends I realized the clicks are still pretty loud xD

As someone coming from blue switches, I'm actually liking the white switches so far. As for inconsistency....the only key difference I feel is the spacebar and other big keys like the backspace. Those clearly feel heavier than the rest of the white switches on the keyboard, but other than that....the clicks sound pretty consistent to me. I always knew milk switches had soft clicks compared to blues but after recording a video and skyping with my friends I realized the clicks are still pretty loud xD

I used to love greens, and I tried those inconsistent whites on my ducky yellow ed (which I sold in the end)

but I managed to get whites from 7bit in bulks and assembled my lightsaver v2 with whites

I went through all the whites I got and ONLY chose the one with consistent click

now, the whites is by far my favorite switch so nice to type on. It has all the tactile and click with some heaviness

15138772125_ac7daf6f26_b.jpg

Lightsaver v2 by hansen_oe, on Flickr

I used to love greens, and I tried those inconsistent whites on my ducky yellow ed (which I sold in the end)

but I managed to get whites from 7bit in bulks and assembled my lightsaver v2 with whites

I went through all the whites I got and ONLY chose the one with consistent click

now, the whites is by far my favorite switch so nice to type on. It has all the tactile and click with some heaviness

wow nice! i wanna see the complete keyboard with keycaps and all :D

You know you have to post pictures to fully join the club right?

Not really though, I just really want to see some pictures.

Sorry, I didnt know. Well I'm sure I am about to make up for it. Between then and now, I've picked up a couple more goodies. Here's my Ducky Mini, my Goldtouch numpad and my perfectly working IBM Model M

x6WlU37.jpgi63GQBp.jpgLFonWlj.jpg

Woaw, I wasn't sure what to expect but that sounds way better than what I could've imagined!

I don't like all the talk about inconsistent switches, that makes me prefer something like a blue/green switch instead. No matter what of the three switches I get, it will be my first try with the switch.

Sorry, I didnt know. Well I'm sure I am about to make up for it. Between then and now, I've picked up a couple more goodies. Here's my Ducky Mini, my Goldtouch numpad and my perfectly working IBM Model M

x6WlU37.jpg
i63GQBp.jpg
LFonWlj.jpg

Don't worry, I forgive you.

It's a nice collection you've got yourself.

Also, I just realised they make the Ducky Mini in grey and silver, which one do you got?

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

wow nice! i wanna see the complete keyboard with keycaps and all :D

Pretty sure I posted it a while back here

but anyway :D

14952230998_c233192058_b.jpg

Lightsaver v2 + Caps by hansen_oe, on Flickr

15115776356_46b8d78a02_b.jpg

Lightsaver v2 Night by hansen_oe, on Flickr

14952091679_021b1df9db_b.jpg

Lightsaver v2 Night + Caps by hansen_oe, on Flickr

15138772125_ac7daf6f26_b.jpg

Where did you get that lifesaver v2?

Woaw, I wasn't sure what to expect but that sounds way better than what I could've imagined!

I don't like all the talk about inconsistent switches, that makes me prefer something like a blue/green switch instead. No matter what of the three switches I get, it will be my first try with the switch.

Don't worry, I forgive you.

It's a nice collection you've got yourself.

Also, I just realised they make the Ducky Mini in grey and silver, which one do you got?

Thank you, that is the gun metal version with brown mx switches. The goldtouch also has brown switches in case you're wondering.

Picked this up today for $15. Apple Extended Keyboard II with Cream ALPS switches :D Still working. Just needs a good clean and a ADB to USB conversion.

10711085_10152563653461725_2164159880222

Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 Asus X99-Deluxe | EVGA GTX 980 SC | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Seasonic Platinum Series 760 | NZXT H440 White | Shimian 27" 2560x1440 | Ducky 9087 TKL | Logitech G9x | Audio-Technica ATH-M50 | Schiit Audio Modi DAC & Magni Amp

www.ethangriswold.com

Hey guys, i'm looking for a Ducky Premier DK9008P with Cherry MX Blues and Blue and Grey keycaps. I'm in America and am having one hell of a time finding one. I would be willing to order from a store out of America as long as it isn't outrageously priced. 

post-52677-0-96289300-1414036288.jpg