Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

As you can see, i'm using a lot of forums, facebook, i'm coding a bit, and typing on skype, google, etc.

But i'm playing a lot (LoL, and a lil bit FPS).

As you can see, i'm using a lot of forums, facebook, i'm coding a bit, and typing on skype, google, etc.

But i'm playing a lot (LoL, and a lil bit FPS).

I don't know if you're able to go somewhere and try out a mechanical board in both red and brown switches where you live (it's fairly hard to in most of the UK where I live, so I completely understand that), but that might be a good idea. I don't know about LoL, but the question would be whether you feel a slight bump would bother you when playing an FPS - when you're rapidly pressing keys. Browns are generally suggested to be the best overall experience and I know that most people prefer having that nice bump if they're typing a lot.

So i'm probably going to get a Ducky Premier Blue and Grey with Blue switches for my next Mech keyboard and am wondering if anyone has one. I thought i saw one with LED lights on at least the WASD keys. 

So i'm probably going to get a Ducky Premier Blue and Grey with Blue switches for my next Mech keyboard and am wondering if anyone has one. I thought i saw one with LED lights on at least the WASD keys. 

It looks like the WASD and ESC caps have leds.

Premier_DK9008P_Blue+Grey_04.jpg

I have a Ducky Shine 3 with Cherry MX Blue switches and White LED Backlight. Most amazing keyboard I've ever used but it's my first mechanical keyboard. I can't complain about the keyboard except for the ABS plastic keycaps but those are easily replaceable in the future.

I am currently using a corsair k90. Im looking to get a new keyboard soon. Probably will be something with blues or blacks and a 10 keyless.

Hey guys...

I have to buy a new keyboard but i don't know which buy.

Budget: 150 - 200 $

Use: Programming, gaming, typing.

I like cherry brown switch and led.

I was thinking about the Ducky DK-9087 Shine 3 TKL Mechanical Keyboard UK Layout Brown Cherry MX Switch but the image about the product is thisivwa4k.jpgand it doesn't have the snake on the space bar :C it was nice. Do you know why?

However what about K70, CM Storm Trigger-Z, Tesoro durandal g1nl esport, Ducky Shine 3/4?

Which the best?

Thanks...

Hey guys...

I have to buy a new keyboard but i don't know which buy.

Budget: 150 - 200 $

Use: Programming, gaming, typing.

I like cherry brown switch and led.

I was thinking about the Ducky DK-9087 Shine 3 TKL Mechanical Keyboard UK Layout Brown Cherry MX Switch but the image about the product is thisPosted Imageand it doesn't have the snake on the space bar :C it was nice. Do you know why?

However what about K70, CM Storm Trigger-Z, Tesoro durandal g1nl esport, Ducky Shine 3/4?

Which the best?

Thanks...

If you want TKL then Ducky Shine TKL is a good choice - don't quote me on this but I think the snake is included as a replacement/spare spacebar in the packaging.

If you're looking at a fullsize layout then Ducky Shine or K70 are what I'd choose. Both are well-made and come with the switches you want

Well I joined the Macross keycap set groupbuy on massdrop http://goo.gl/aHLjtM . When the original DSA one was done I really wanted it but couldnt do it. Now that this DCS buy is available, which is preferred, I just on in getting the 60%, Numpad, Winkeyless, and Extra's Kits. I plan to put them on my KMAC Happy and KPAD but if that does look how I think ill put them on my KMAC Mini as it really doesnt have a particularly nice or unique set of caps. I think itll especially looking nice with the yellow aramid aromor usb cables.

IMG_4606-h.jpg

Question...

Can I take apart my k70, and use it to essentially "make" a keyboard by kinda just making a case?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Well I joined the Macross keycap set groupbuy on massdrop http://goo.gl/aHLjtM . When the original DSA one was done I really wanted it but couldnt do it. Now that this DCS buy is available, which is preferred, I just on in getting the 60%, Numpad, Winkeyless, and Extra's Kits. I plan to put them on my KMAC Happy and KPAD but if that does look how I think ill put them on my KMAC Mini as it really doesnt have a particularly nice or unique set of caps. I think itll especially looking nice with the yellow aramid aromor usb cables.

IMG_4606-h.jpg

I'm thinking of getting that keycap set...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Question...

Can I take apart my k70, and use it to essentially "make" a keyboard by kinda just making a case?

You can do something with it I'm sure if you are willing to do the work although it may not be the most economical approach

this

8cIy1RD.jpg

ended up like this

gZuPlsj.jpg

which now has some friends

0oNly33.jpg

It looks like the WASD and ESC caps have leds.

Premier_DK9008P_Blue+Grey_04.jpg

Yeah, that's the picture i saw i just wonder if it's fully backlit. 

Yeah, that's the picture i saw i just wonder if it's fully backlit.

i would assume if they show wasd esc then that is all that will be backlit, maybe arrows as well if they are on the board since they are common things

You can do something with it I'm sure if you are willing to do the work although it may not be the most economical approach

this

8cIy1RD.jpg

ended up like this

gZuPlsj.jpg

which now has some friends

0oNly33.jpg

Not the most economical? I already have the k70.

It wood look cool encased in mirrored glass...

so after 2 months (yes i ordered it from massdrop), my poker ii with cherry mx browns arrived yesterday. simply awesome. the build quality is great and the cherry mx browns feel so nice. also took some pics of it (warning, big)

3CficS.jpg

9qxM0l.jpg

rcqslB.jpg

i1z1CP.jpg

ENJOY YOUR FEELING

Not the most economical? I already have the k70.

It wood look cool encased in mirrored glass...

it isn't the most economical because you would be destroying a $100+ keyboard for basically $50 in switches and the plate but starting over on the rest of it unless you keep the pcb as well.

not trying to say you should just that you should think about it before starting

Corsair K70, Cherry MX Reds

1XgnHHD.jpg

M47gnWI.jpg

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Cherry G80-3700HQAUS keypad

QqmWXAel.jpg

That keypad takes so much desk space lol :P

I still dont get why is it more superior than any other general keypad in the market like leopold/keycool

anyway I have a guilty confession for you :(

I wont something of ebay... and I know you know it