Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

My Filco Majestouch 2 just arrived!! I used to use a ducky shine 3 but I have got to say this has a much better feel to it!! I am loving it! {signature Updated}

CPU: Intel Core i9-12900K 3.2 GHz 16-Core Processor | Cooler: Corsair iCUE H170i ELITE LCD 82.9 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Mobo: Asus ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO ATX LGA1700 Motherboard | Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5200 CL40 Memory | GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 3080 10GB 10 GB STRIX GAMING OC Video Card | Storage: 1x Western Digital Black SN850 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive + 2x Sabrent Rocket 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | PSU: Asus ROG Thor 1200P 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | Case: Corsair iCUE 7000X RGB ATX Full Tower Case | Keyboard: Filco Majestouch-2 | Mouse: Logitech G903

My Filco Majestouch 2 just arrived!! I used to use a ducky shine 3 but I have got to say this has a much better feel to it!! I am loving it! {signature Updated}

What switches did you get? I am thinking of getting a Filco keyboard near Christmas when I order one for my mum, but I am looking for some Cherry MX Browns. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

What switches did you get? I am thinking of getting a Filco keyboard near Christmas when I order one for my mum, but I am looking for some Cherry MX Browns. 

I got MX Browns! I got that from Amazon but it was on overclockers and kustomPC! i live in the UK though so idk about you!

CPU: Intel Core i9-12900K 3.2 GHz 16-Core Processor | Cooler: Corsair iCUE H170i ELITE LCD 82.9 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Mobo: Asus ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO ATX LGA1700 Motherboard | Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5200 CL40 Memory | GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 3080 10GB 10 GB STRIX GAMING OC Video Card | Storage: 1x Western Digital Black SN850 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive + 2x Sabrent Rocket 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | PSU: Asus ROG Thor 1200P 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | Case: Corsair iCUE 7000X RGB ATX Full Tower Case | Keyboard: Filco Majestouch-2 | Mouse: Logitech G903

I got MX Browns! I got that from Amazon but it was on overclockers and kustomPC! i live in the UK though so idk about you!

I live in the UK too. I have the one I want on my Amazon wishlist at the moment. How are the Browns anyway? 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I live in the UK too. I have the one I want on my Amazon wishlist at the moment. How are the Browns anyway? 

They are great! I use them on all my mechanical keyboards!

They are great! I use them on all my mechanical keyboards!

The Browns are the only ones I have yet to use. I love the tactile switches, but I keep my mother up with my typing, so I want something quieter. 

The Browns are the only ones I have yet to use. I love the tactile switches, but I keep my mother up with my typing, so I want something quieter. 

Yeah they are quite quiet if you dont bottom them out! You could always just install some o-rings!

Yeah they are quite quiet if you dont bottom them out! You could always just install some o-rings!

O-rings don't prevent the click though and as I bottom out my keyboard quite harshly, it doesn't make a difference. 

O-rings don't prevent the click though and as I bottom out my keyboard quite harshly, it doesn't make a difference. 

If you get hard o rings they will help with the clack noise that happens when you bottom out. The browns dont make a audible click, they make the same noise as reds only they have a tactile bump at the actuation point!

If you get hard o rings they will help with the clack noise that happens when you bottom out. The browns dont make a audible click, they make the same noise as reds only they have a tactile bump at the actuation point!

I know. And I have o-rings. They honestly do very little for me. 

Can someone who owns a 60% keyboard like the Poker 2 let me know what gaming is like on it?

Do you miss the arrow keys at all? They look so sexy but not sure if I could get used to it gaming?

I know. And I have o-rings. They honestly do very little for me.

get heavier swites like clears or dont type as hard. Also I have a feeling you have the thinner orings.

get heavier swites like clears or dont type as hard. Also I have a feeling you have the thinner orings.

I got the thickest Overclockers offer, which is believe is 1mm. Though, I am not 100%. Also, I'd love to get a keyboard with Clear switches, however they are hard to find an I need to import the keyboard in from the likes of WASD.

I got the thickest Overclockers offer, which is believe is 1mm. Though, I am not 100%. Also, I'd love to get a keyboard with Clear switches, however they are hard to find an I need to import the keyboard in from the likes of WASD.

You could always build or mod it yourself. Lots of old POS boards have clears in them. Ducky has clears as well. Leopold used to have clears as well as Cooler Master but hose were both limited runs. If yo udo some work or shell out a bit more cash you can have a board with clears, which by the way are way more tactile than any brown.

The orings I recommend are the blue ones from WASD if your using OEM profile caps.

YAY  :3

As promised

g8D0G8jl.jpg

R1wnu3Ml.jpg

O2gkGETl.jpg

Haven't had much time to play with it yet, but definitely am happy with the purchase thus far.

CPU: i5 6500 | GPU: GTX 960 SSC | MOBO: Asus Z170m-Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4 G.Skill | Case: Fractal Designs Node 804 | PSU: EVGA 750w

You could always build or mod it yourself. Lots of old POS boards have clears in them. Ducky has clears as well. Leopold used to have clears as well as Cooler Master but hose were both limited runs. If yo udo some work or shell out a bit more cash you can have a board with clears, which by the way are way more tactile than any brown.

The orings I recommend are the blue ones from WASD if your using OEM profile caps.

Hmm. Modding a keyboard isn't something that I have looked into. Though, I'd rather just get a keyboard fully built, or that I don't need to mod. I'll have a look around though to see if I can find some Clear switch keyboards in the UK. If not, then I'm most likely going to spend a little more and pick up a WASD keyboard.

Can someone who owns a 60% keyboard like the Poker 2 let me know what gaming is like on it?

Do you miss the arrow keys at all? They look so sexy but not sure if I could get used to it gaming?

I use a 60% keyboard as my daily driver. I don't game as much as I used to but when I game I primarily play LoL and BF4.

It all comes down to what games you play and how well you can adapt to the missing keys, e.g. rebind some keybindings. Most importantly though, is that you can accept the missing keys. To be clear, a 60% keyboard is not for everyone, if you have some doubt about it, I would get a TKL keyboard and see how well you adapt to that.

In case you didn't knew, there are keybindings for all the missing keys, e.g. fn + 1 = F1.

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

The issue I have with Razer is you can get a better product, like Filco, Ducky and Das Keyboard for the same price if not less, depending on where you are. 

Well nothing is wrong with Razer so, I have had my keyboard for over 6 months now I havent had a problem with it yet

I dont see the problem with it so yea.......

Well nothing is wrong with Razer so, I have had my keyboard for over 6 months now I havent had a problem with it yet

I dont see the problem with it so yea.......

I didn't say there was anything wrong with Razer, did I? I said that you can get far better for the money. 

I recently got a Ducky Mini Year of the Horse edition, and I'm loving it so far. Right now I've been played Path of Exile, which doesn't really need that many keys to play so im fine with just using a 60% for that. I can play LoL with this keyboard if I wanted to. I think for Starcraft 2 its not that good :S

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

As promised

-snip-

Haven't had much time to play with it yet, but definitely am happy with the purchase thus far.

OHHHHH YEAS :D

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Hi,

I have a CMStorm Trigger Z, with a german layout, because I couldn't get my hands on a US-International version. Now I want a new set to replace this german layout.

I just want it to be black and the letters letting the light through, just like the default keyboard does. I don't care about ABS or PBT that much, it just has to be ISO, Full and able to have backlight.

Can someone help me with this? For some reason I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thnx

I missed the Galaxy GB, but when Techkey offered some spare sets for sale, I'd immediately grabbed one set. I ordered the base set since I want it for my TKL keyboards, prolly replace the Sanctuary key set with it on my Novatouch. It's so colorful, ought to brighten up my day when I look at it. :D

Do3LaUR.jpg

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I missed the Galaxy GB, but when Techkey offered some spare sets for sale, I'd immediately grabbed one set. I ordered the base set since I want it for my TKL keyboards, prolly replace the Sanctuary key set with it on my Novatouch. It's so colorful, ought to brighten up my day when I look at it. :D

Do3LaUR.jpg

Looks absolutely fab! :D

Looks absolutely fab! :D

Looks fab, doesn't it? Wait till I actually get the key set and take pics of them, they'd look absolutely bad......I truly suck at photography! :(  That pic isn't mine, I've not gotten mine yet.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2