Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Guys, i recently bought a Logitech G710+ at a very good price. I am very pleased with it, but I have a question: Is it just me or the O-Rings on it aren't making any difference? I tried pulling out some of the o-rings and they keys sound exactly the same, even that bottom.out sound is still there. Do I need stiffer or thicker O-Rings?

Thanks!

Sounds like you need thicker O-rings.

What?! Drats and double drats!

It's okay, there are also clears, greens, and grey switches of the YotH, but they are not available in my area. You might get one of the ones I mentioned.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

My Ducky retailer got at least one of the milk switches in an ISO layout, unfortunately it's already been reserved...

That is very unfortunate :( I wonder what the ID number that one has :D

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

That is very unfortunate :( I wonder what the ID number that one has :D

Indeed it is, I've emailed them to write to me in case the Clear gets available. At least I got my not on a Cherry MX Green version.

To be honest I'm not completely sure it's with an ISO layout but Id be extremely surprised if it isn't.

I don't think the reseller will give me the information of whoever got the Clear versions  :D

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

Indeed it is, I've emailed them to write to me in case the Clear gets available. At least I got my not on a Cherry MX Green version.

To be honest I'm not completely sure it's with an ISO layout but Id be extremely surprised if it isn't.

I don't think the reseller will give me the information of whoever got the Clear versions  :D

Hmm at least check the number? >< You can see what the ID is on the barcode of the box

I don't have the privilige to have a physical Ducky reseller I can go to, otherwise I would have done it, only to satisfy your curiosity.

When are they arriving to your area? If you manage to get one don't forget pics!

I just picked up a Corsair K70 with Cherry MX reds for £75 , my first mechanical keyboard :D loving it so far :P

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

When are they arriving to your area? If you manage to get one don't forget pics!

To be honest I have no idea, it shouldn't be too long I reckon though. I just got an reply that the reseller will email me as soon as the YoTHs arrives, hopefully a Clear version gets available, fingers crossed. Once they write to me I'll ask about the ID number(s).

Don't worry, no matter what switch I'll get it with, I'll post pictures for sure!  :D

To be honest I have no idea, it shouldn't be too long I reckon though. I just got an reply that the reseller will email me as soon as the YoTHs arrives, hopefully a Clear version gets available, fingers crossed. Once they write to me I'll ask about the ID number(s).

Don't worry, no matter what switch I'll get it with, I'll post pictures for sure!  :D

On a side note, I noticed you live in Denmark at the moment. Have you ever seen the SteelSeries headquarters??

On a side note, I noticed you live in Denmark at the moment. Have you ever seen the SteelSeries headquarters??

To be honest I haven't, I'm not even completely sure where their headquarters is located. I did have the pleasure to speak with their marketing manager (I think that was his title), responsible for Asia, Australia and maybe the Middle East, at a Volbeat concert a couple of months ago. I tried to get some insight but without luck or maybe I've forgot because I had a beer too much  :D

I just picked up a Corsair K70 with Cherry MX reds for £75 , my first mechanical keyboard :D loving it so far :P

How did you get one for that price? All the ones I've seen are ~£100 (non-RGB)

How did you get one for that price? All the ones I've seen are ~£100 (non-RGB)

I got it from PC world , it was on clearance sale at the time , they had a G710+ for £90 a few days before but it was gone when i got there :/

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

I missed the Galaxy GB, but when Techkey offered some spare sets for sale, I'd immediately grabbed one set. I ordered the base set since I want it for my TKL keyboards, prolly replace the Sanctuary key set with it on my Novatouch. It's so colorful, ought to brighten up my day when I look at it. :D

Do3LaUR.jpg

Oh my days man D: @GamerDude I'm so jelous of all your keyboards man hahah! xD

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Just got mine in the mail. :D It's a barely used Razer BlackWidow with blues and it is AMAZING.

| CPU: Intel Core i3 4130 | GPU: PowerColor R9 270 | Motherboard: Asrock H81M-HDS | RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 4GB |

|HDD: Western Digital 1TB | Case: NZXT Source 210 | PSU: Corsair CX430W | 

| Mic: Blue Snowball iCE | Mouse: Corsair K65 RGB | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma |

Oh my days man D: @GamerDude I'm so jelous of all your keyboards man hahah! xD

@GamerDude Still totally want that key set even though I dont have a use for it.

After many years of using logitech membrane keyboards, i finally made the switch to a mechanical keyboard. I just got myself a corsair k70 with cherry reds, and i'm in love with it. Don't think i'll ever go back  :)

After many years of using logitech membrane keyboards, i finally made the switch to a mechanical keyboard. I just got myself a corsair k70 with cherry reds, and i'm in love with it. Don't think i'll ever go back  :)

Logitech's membranes are some of the better ones out there - my school's using the K120 and it may be dirt cheap but it's actually quite nice to type on and there's some tactility/sound. And people say good stuff about the G15. But you're so right about not going back: I got to use my friend's K95 w/reds and though I'm not a linear switch guy the feel is just smoother and of a higher quality. It feels like it's 100% designed with intent rather than the result of whatever materials used. I'm excited for my K95 RGB w/browns - my poor K520 is all rattle and uneven keypress between keys.

KBParadise V60 MTS with Matias clicky switches.  I will take some better pictures during daylight soon.

L5axhNOl.jpg

After getting myself a Ducky Mini I realized I really love 60% keyboards. Saves space and it's actually portable enough to carry around places.

I'm liking this V60's clean, smooth look across the keyboard :D On a side note, is that a Cherry brand mouse on the table??

KBParadise V60 MTS with Matias clicky switches.  I will take some better pictures during daylight soon.

L5axhNOl.jpg

Oh my gosh YES.

I just got an old dell keyboard with black alps... Wish they were White. BUT yeah :)

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I have a Blackwidow Ultmate 2014(Razer Green) and the Poseidon ZX(Khail Blue) TKL. haha. 

I was hoping to get the BWU 2013 cause it ahd CherryMX blues but the one my relatives sent over was the 2014 version. It was my first MechKB to boot. @_@ 

so far, the razer greens are good(atleast for me). the switches are light and are softer compared to the Mxblues. but its good for multiple successive presses. like in rhythm games. 

I got the poseidon zx because i need a cheap board to carry around in LAN parties. Its pretty decent. i just dont know about the life span/reliability. I'll find out in time i guess. xD

Lo and Behold

After getting myself a Ducky Mini I realized I really love 60% keyboards. Saves space and it's actually portable enough to carry around places.

I'm liking this V60's clean, smooth look across the keyboard :D On a side note, is that a Cherry brand mouse on the table??

Yeah,  after getting my poker2 I realized how much I liked 60% boards.  The TKL form factor is still my favorite though.

Yep, the mouse is the Cherry Gentix (JM-0300) with the white side light. I've been using it for a few months now, and really like it.  Although the shape did take me a few days to get used to.

Oh my gosh YES.

I just got an old dell keyboard with black alps... Wish they were White. BUT yeah :)

I love the Dell at101w.    I'm also really liking the Matias quiet click switch version of the KBParadise V60 MTS as well.

L5axhNOl.jpg

I thought that was a Logitech G302 in the picture for a second.