Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Hey guys, i'm looking for a Ducky Premier DK9008P with Cherry MX Blues and Blue and Grey keycaps. I'm in America and am having one hell of a time finding one. I would be willing to order from a store out of America as long as it isn't outrageously priced. 

Hey guys, especially those of you from the US, give this guy a hand! ;)

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I joined the GB over GH months ago

Didn't even know of it was happening.

Anyone here gaming on Blue switches? Is it really that bad?

not bad by any means. Complete preference.

Asus Maximus VII GeneIntel i7 4790k @ 4.8 - Corsair Vengance Pro 16GB DDR3 @ 2000Mhz - Asus Strix GTX980 SLI @ 1400Mhz/8000Mhz - 2x Samsing EVO 840 500GB RAID0 - 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB Cooler Master v1000 - Focusrite Scarlett 18i6

Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear - Genelec 8040a Pair - Audio Technica AT4040 - Asus PG278Q ROG Swift - Asus PB278Q - 2x Bad Asus IPS 1080 Screens - Ducky Shine 3 w/Browns - Corsair m65 - Razer Orbweaver Clicky - Razer Sabertooth

Apple rMBP Late 2013 - Applie retina iPad 2 - Apple iPhone 5 - Apple iPod Classic - XBone - Wii U - Pikachu 3DS XL - Katsukity 3DS XL

Only you can tell really. It all comes down to personal preference.

Have you ever tried a blue switch before? If not maybe try lent one of your mates' mechanical keyboard w/ Cherry MX Blues for a day to get a feel of it. Else try get a sampler kit with the different keyswitches to try out what's best for you. :-)

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

I saw a lot of your old post over GH, and you does not seem to be active over there anymore

any particular reason?

Well the community isn't was it used to be and well there isn't that much development in keyboards at all since their now a commodity due to gaming boards.

Only you can tell really. It all comes down to personal preference.

Have you ever tried a blue switch before? If not maybe try lent one of your mates' mechanical keyboard w/ Cherry MX Blues for a day to get a feel of it. Else try get a sampler kit with the different keyswitches to try out what's best for you. :-)

Yeah I have used blue switches before, and they felt pretty nice. And I can't borrow my friends' keyboards because they use laptops, sadly :(

Yeah I have used blue switches before, and they felt pretty nice. And I can't borrow my friends' keyboards because they use laptops, sadly :(

Hmm.. I don't think there're many other options to make sure blue switches is right for you. If you remember them as nice, I would probably go for it.

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

If you like 'em then by all means go for it! I will ask this though: have you tried any other switches to compare to? If you have then you'll know which you like the feel of best. If not then you've got the option of either sticking with blues if you really like them (honestly, just getting off membrane is what matters) or maybe borrowing or trying some other switches instore (I know that some places don't have them on display - it's like that here) or grabbing a switch tester.

I play with Buckling spring :D Impossible to accidentally press anything. And for the question about the switches, blues are the second best starter switch. The best if you son't know all the switches when choosing, I would start off with Browns or Blues. They are great.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

Well the community isn't was it used to be and well there isn't that much development in keyboards at all since their now a commodity due to gaming boards.

I was away from online community for the last two-three months due to life

and now as I'm back I can see a lot of new development recently especially from GON

he's starting a wireless mechanical keyboard trend, 

I can get rid of my hate on cables finally

and now as I'm back I can see a lot of new development recently especially from GON

that doesnt really let you get rid of your hate but it does let you get rid of the cable at times lol.

I want to make a wireless 40% at some point

Not really a riced out board but just got it two days ago.

T9n487.jpg

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

I wish GON would start making Non-low profile aluminum housings.

Would love to see him start offering regular style cases.

that doesnt really let you get rid of your hate but it does let you get rid of the cable at times lol.

I want to make a wireless 40% at some point

I cant even imagine myself using 40%, not even 60% :(

I wish GON would start making Non-low profile aluminum housings.

Would love to see him start offering regular style cases.

True, I can tell your hate on the semi-open style switch 

I'm getting rid of my GON, as I feel like I've too many keyboards laying around

but that new special GB for Nerd PCB for my KMAC is enticing

I cant even imagine myself using 40%, not even 60% :(

I can see myself using one with out a problem but it couldnt be my only keyboard since I feel I need more keys for gaming altough that is probably more in my head then really needing it.

I cant even imagine myself using 40%

Yeah, the whole 40% trend has never looked appealing to me.

I've thought about possibly getting one to display my novelty caps on though.   They would also make great switch testers.

Yeah, the whole 40% trend has never looked appealing to me.

I've thought about possibly getting one to display my novelty caps on though.   They would also make great switch testers.

It's too expensive to be a switch tester or novelty display lol

This: http://keyshop.pimpmykeyboard.com/products/inventory/modular-display-storage-kits

Might be a better option, I'm thinking to even frame it and display the most memorable novelty 

oh the filco came yesterday

15427531507_5a98649c08_b.jpg

Filco Zero by hansen_oe, on Flickr

14993385643_8b68f5cf1b_b.jpg

Fukka white alps switch by hansen_oe, on Flickr

It feels amazing, just like buckling spring but with more PING

It's too expensive to be a switch tester or novelty display lol

This: http://keyshop.pimpmykeyboard.com/products/inventory/modular-display-storage-kits

Might be a better option, I'm thinking to even frame it and display the most memorable novelty 

oh the filco came yesterday

15427531507_5a98649c08_b.jpg

Filco Zero by hansen_oe, on Flickr

14993385643_8b68f5cf1b_b.jpg

Fukka white alps switch by hansen_oe, on Flickr

It feels amazing, just like buckling spring but with more PING

I must give a bittersweet congrats.   The seller listed it as brand new.  Was there any marks or scuffs on it?

I must give a bittersweet congrats. The seller listed it as brand new. Was there any marks or scuffs on it?

It is, looks brand new to me

And the keycaps feel different than today's filco

It has more texture on it

I saw a GE unicomp on eBay the other day, it went so cheap (30$), so many good deals on eBay recently

Here is my stock Corsair K70 Black/Red with CherryMX Red

IMAG0086.jpg

Seriously, Corsair should've just kept that logo on their new keyboards.....

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Heres my Corsair K70 Black/Red with CherryMX Red but new logo but i have to say it dosent bother me in the slightest as im looking at the screen most of the time and logos are just logos lol

10749552_4750589820609_1237360069_n.jpg?