Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Some mechanical keyboards I've had:
Ozone Strike (Cherry MX Black)
Ducky Shine II (Cherry MX Brown, Green led, White caps)
Ducky G2Pro TKL Tactile mix (Cherry MX Brown/Clears) (still my favourite)
Rosewill RK-9000I (Cherry MX Blue)
Rosewill RK-9000BL (Cherry MX Black)

And my new baby is waiting in the post office:

Qpad MK-50 (Cherry MX Black)

Didn't want to spend 100€ to a used ducky atm, because I'm going to get myself a new GPU and a new chair, so I need to save for those.

Cost me 50€ including shipping, so I'm happy about it. I want to get a customized TKL Ducky in future, with some goofy keycaps and braided cable etc. But I don't want to pay 150€ for a new one + all the keycaps and custom cables etc. There's not much used Duckys with brown switches in my area atm, so I'm just going to wait for some to come available, or just wait for the Ducky Shine 4. I like their new leds, and the design overall looks good to me.

Finally had some free time, rummaged thru my storeroom and found the keyset I was looking for, plugged them onto my second Novatouch....eh, pardon the bad camera angles/shots, I suck at it. :(

Anyway, I finally found some use for the Sanctuary keyset..... :D

Nice sanctuary set bro!

do you own a Hi-Pro Realforce? the one with high profile keyset

They have some in stock in my country and I've been wondering how it feels

but never been a fan of topre though, I'm currently in love with my 'proper' white switch on my lightsaver. It just feel right

Recently picked up a Filco Minila in MX Brown. Form factor is a bit tricky to get used to but I quite like it now.

USIy88U.jpg

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

My first mechanical keyboard is the CM Storm Quickfire Rapid - Tenkeyless. I use Cherry MX Brown switches just cause I don't think I could handle all the noise from MX Blues. I got it recently and I don't think I'll ever go back to a non-mechanical keyboard.

ZGJ3OTV.jpg

AMD FX-8350|Asus M5R97 2.0|Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB|Asus GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II|Rosewill Blackhawk Mid Tower|Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM|Corsair CX600M|Samsung SyncMaster 205BW|Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo|CM Storm QuickFire Rapid - Tenkeyless (Brown)|Zowie EC1 Evo Black|Razer Tiamat 2.2 Headset|Windows 8.1|

My first mechanical keyboard is the CM Storm Quickfire Rapid - Tenkeyless. I use Cherry MX Brown switches just cause I don't think I could handle all the noise from MX Blues. I got it recently and I don't think I'll ever go back to a non-mechanical keyboard.

Welcome to the club! B)

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Recently picked up a Filco Minila in MX Brown. Form factor is a bit tricky to get used to but I quite like it now.

I'm conflicted about the Minila.  On the one hand, I love Filco.  On the other, I just don't dig the layout.

When I heard they were going to be making a 60% I was so hoping they would go with a standard layout.

If I do ever get one it would be the Minila Air.

I'm conflicted about the Minila.  On the one hand, I love Filco.  On the other, I just don't dig the layout.

When I heard they were going to be making a 60% I was so hoping they would go with a standard layout.

I'll grant you that it is peculiar at first. I'm typing on it now though and once you've got a feel for it, it's not really all that different from a standard layout. At the end of the say I quite like it, I think that eventually I'll build a server  and that's where this one will end up. The layout does lend itself to usage scenarios not requiring a full board. (Gaming, limited input, instant messaging of any sort where a compact form may yield more advantages than a num pad)

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

I've contacted GON, he can convert the filco TKL to bluetooth connection

but he basically replace the controller with the one from logitech

interesting but the cost is just too massive to have a wireless mechanical keyboard :(

interesting but the cost is just too massive to have a wireless mechanical keyboard :(

They make a bluetooth variant of the teensy (not made by teensy) which would accomplish what you want. There was a kickstarter quite a while back for it.

Why the strange angle on a couple of your keycaps (specifically z and s)?

I was about to go out when i just finished cleaning my board and putting keys on, so they were the wrong keys but they have been changed now :D

Yeah, I saw the kit on his website a little while ago.  It does sound interesting. 

Finally had some free time, rummaged thru my storeroom and found the keyset I was looking for, plugged them onto my second Novatouch....eh, pardon the bad camera angles/shots, I suck at it. :(

Anyway, I finally found some use for the Sanctuary keyset..... :D

-snip

-snip-

I would call the pink and blue keyboard the multi color marshmallow keyboard :) 

at some point i need to get around to making a thread about my keyboard, numpad, usb extension that i made

Posted Image

Now I am a leftie (though I do mouse [yeah that's totally a verb] right handed along with batting in sports) so this might not be much of a surprise, but I think the numpad should be on the left.

Firstly it means you can enter numbers and use the mouse at the same time (though you could just use a Razer Naga); secondly it gives you full layout without putting the mouse and keyboard too far apart; thirdly it means that inputting notes into Sibelius is easier (whether it's by mouse or MIDI keyboard).

However, I don't know if I can use the numpad left handed, especially since it's designed for the right hand

Quick album of my V60 with Clears I just got :).

Really loving clears, and the board with the Alu case not only has that awesome floating look I was looking for, but also feels really premium due to the weight and feel of typing on it. Feels really solid.

Soon as my Granite keys arrive, this board will be complete, so just waiting on that now.

Clears are definitely preferred over Browns for me, I like the increased tactility that the keys have and the weight seems to make me make less mistakes whilst typing.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Now I am a leftie (though I do mouse [yeah that's totally a verb] right handed along with batting in sports) so this might not be much of a surprise, but I think the numpad should be on the left.

Firstly it means you can enter numbers and use the mouse at the same time (though you could just use a Razer Naga); secondly it gives you full layout without putting the mouse and keyboard too far apart; thirdly it means that inputting notes into Sibelius is easier (whether it's by mouse or MIDI keyboard).

However, I don't know if I can use the numpad left handed, especially since it's designed for the right hand

I'm also left handed and have never used a numpad left handed (or in the last 10+ years)even if the numpad is designed for the right hand since my numpad is symmetrical i can easily flip the key layout if i decide it feels wrong

I'm also left handed and have never used a numpad left handed (or in the last 10+ years)even if the numpad is designed for the right hand since my numpad is symmetrical i can easily flip the key layout if i decide it feels wrong

Although I'm gettin a K70, if there's a leftie (or reversible) numpad I can get I might consider buying one along with a topre board sometime. A chance to get fantastic typing for school and a sensible numpad that I might be able to double up as a macro pad (somehow).

I'll be joining you lot soon.

Trying to find a red switch tenkeyless with a white/blue backlight.

Looks like there is no such thing other than the very expensive duckys.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I'll be joining you lot soon.

Trying to find a red switch tenkeyless with a white/blue backlight.

Looks like there is no such thing other than the very expensive duckys.

Skip the backlight and get a better cleaner looking board. Also the CM Storm Rapid-i might be an option for ya.

Skip the backlight and get a better cleaner looking board. Also the CM Storm Rapid-i might be an option for ya.

Even without the backlight, can't find any TLK with red switches on a plain black board apart from ducky/filco.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B