Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

My plates are still coming along, the guy was away for a week.

Also,i changed my plans,i think i prefer browns over blacks.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

10 hours ago, spwath said:

My plates are still coming along, the guy was away for a week.

Also,i changed my plans,i think i prefer browns over blacks.

In an earlier post on this thread I go on about how which switch is best is all personal preference but my one caveat to that is if you prefer tactile switches or not. Can't fault you for that as I simply like knowing absolutely that the switch I have bottomed out is pressed lol.

This vintage Acer 6514 is in the local classifieds for cheap, should i buy it?

Is it great or not?

teclado-acer-antigo-clicky-raroestado-de-novo1995-c-video-300611-MLB20591470280_022016-F.jpg

teclado-acer-antigo-clicky-raroestado-de-novo1995-c-video-840611-MLB20591470469_022016-F.jpg

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

2 hours ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

This vintage Acer 6514 is in the local classifieds for cheap, should i buy it?

Is it great or not?

teclado-acer-antigo-clicky-raroestado-de-novo1995-c-video-300611-MLB20591470280_022016-F.jpg

teclado-acer-antigo-clicky-raroestado-de-novo1995-c-video-840611-MLB20591470469_022016-F.jpg

looks like slider over rubber dome, so not unless you think it feels good. The caps may be ALPS compatible in which case they may be worth something as long as they are dyesub or double shot.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Hey, Eric. How are you liking the Romer G switches? I've been looking into one of those Logitech boards.

CPU: i7 7700k @ 4.9GHz Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 RAM: 16 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 Case:Phanteks Evolv TG

Logitech G710(blue). i love the clickiness of it as it is satisfying, i personally do the same in gaming with blue switches compared to brown or red. 

also cause blue is my favo color :)

Hi all,

I'm looking at getting an Azio MGK-1 mechanical keyboard for around £53 but I can see it uses Kailh blue key switches. I only have one problem, no one seems to stock replacement key caps to customise the keyboard. I only want a set of wasd keys. Does anyone know any retailers that could help me out, I'd be very greatful. 

Thanks.

Finaly, ritered my Logitech G11, got myself Zowie Celeritas Cherry MX black, one of the 50 from the last batch in Latvia, before Benq kills the brand with "upgraded new products".

So, everyone saying that blacks are stiff, i do not think so, at least after my G11 (which was a very capable membrane keyboard that still works fine with no flaws after 8 years of service). G11 needs definitely more force to actuate, and less to keep it down, but for things like racing games on keyboard, i cant think of better switch than mx black, such a pleasure to touch them, to type on... (nylon keycaps - it a miracle compared to ABS, you have to touch them to understand why zowie used them).

But sacrifice had to be made, the printed letter are fast to get dirty, it`s a minus to everyone (including myself) who have to look at keycaps when typing. Ofcourse, pure alcohol can solve the issue, but i doubt that you will want to clean it every week. I can deal with it, the feel to me is much more important than looks (we buy mechanical keyboards for their feel, not looks, am i right?).

I was not Limited in budget, i just wanted a robust keyboard for gaming/typing. Brown/blue - its like typing a broken keyboard for me, reds to lights for my fingers (i`m 110kg/185cm person). I have tried Corsair Strafe with reds, initially it was firs in my list, - too light, and plastic plate mounted switches ruined otherwise a very good keyboard, K70 too big for tabletop, and then a man "with experience" gave my to try Celeritas. I was a made decision from the first touch. I feels so solid like a switches are mounted to the table surface, not a device on it. The metal plate does the job, excellent switches and outstanding keycaps refines the whole experience to another level.

I just can not go back to membrane keyboard anymore. No more membranes under my fingers at home (well, my employee wold not understand why i need a 98.02 EUR keyboard)

Oh yeah, features - NKRO - useless, unless you type with your face, BUT!!!! PS/2 adapter still in use. Because PS/2 protocol uses hardware interrupt, i can set my pc to turn on on a touch of a keyboard button, even after a complete system shutdown (not from sleep), which can not be done under USB.

RTR - useless at 99,99%, BUT!!! If i set it to 2x, the cursor in text cycles twice as fast, and it is convenient to move much faster in the text documents.

Ability to turn off keyboard lights - first i was thinking -  why ta hell i need that? Answer came by itself - IT`S A FREAKING MOVIE MODE!!! You see, celeritas is right in front 

of my monitor, and light are no good while watching film, zowie+F8 - and you are good.

Features i will not miss, but others might - illumination. There is none. Don`t spoil your eye, type with with lights on.;)

One more good word about the Celeritas - its mate black finish is second best after cloth surface in hiding fingerprints. There is none of them.

For everyone who considers a mechanical keyboard, Zowie Celeritas gets my honest recommendation. The build quality, the feel of touch and type, the dull solid sound of a keypress accompanied is worth every cent! 

20160301_220625.jpg

On 3/1/2016 at 11:04 AM, Sam_Kelly said:

Hi all,

I'm looking at getting an Azio MGK-1 mechanical keyboard for around £53 but I can see it uses Kailh blue key switches. I only have one problem, no one seems to stock replacement key caps to customise the keyboard. I only want a set of wasd keys. Does anyone know any retailers that could help me out, I'd be very greatful. 

Thanks.

Kalih switches use the same stem as Cherry MX, so any Cherry keycap will be fine.

Any PSU is modular if you try hard enough....

I used to have this old guy.  Picked it up for $18 bucks and it was amazing while I had it.  MdMJqes.jpg

Sold that a few days ago and my new keyboard just came in the mail today.  6G3l1Cw.jpg

Literally just finished doing a silencing mod to it, It's so quiet it's ridiculous.  I don't know where Topre was all my life, but I think I like it even more than Buckling Spring, which is in itself extremely hard to beat.

I've got a Ducky Shine 4 with blue switches. Haven't done any mods to it, and I don't really want to... It's perfect just the way it is~

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

tKne9dy.jpg

I took this photo the other day when I had some free time during a Saturday. :P

The chocolate was a bonus hehe.

The keyboard is a Turtle Beach Impact 500 with Cherry MX Blues (looks very much like a Filco Majestouch 2 for some reason...).

7 minutes ago, Vox_Lusa said:

I took this photo the other day when I had some free time during a Saturday. :P

The chocolate was a bonus hehe.

The keyboard is a Turtle Beach Impact 500 with Cherry MX Blues (looks very much like a Filco Majestouch 2 for some reason...).

looks like you really have a hard time finding an esc... lol looks nice

Just wanted to share my recent purchase with you guys: Filco Majestouch Ninja TKL with Cherry MX brown!

Preview:

8f1fBkDl.jpg

Full album:

http://imgur.com/a/HF7Pl

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

I've got a Corsair K70 RGB with browns. Only had for a couple weeks now. It replaced k70 non-rgb with reds. No mods. Might get some alternate keycaps for it at some point.

10 hours ago, Ramrod126 said:

K70 alternate keycaps for it at some point.

Good luck.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Hmm have the price on Gateron switches dropped on Ebay? Its 120pcs for pretty much any color RGB switch for $36 free shipping now. I don't recall it being that cheap? Did this change with Massdrop offering Gateron RGB switches? My memory is a bit blurry on this but I thought I saw 120 pcs going for like $70? Not sure. 

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

10 minutes ago, dtaflorida said:

Hmm have the price on Gateron switches dropped on Ebay? Its 120pcs for pretty much any color RGB switch for $36 free shipping now. I don't recall it being that cheap? Did this change with Massdrop offering Gateron RGB switches? My memory is a bit blurry on this but I thought I saw 120 pcs going for like $70? Not sure. 

i think they have always been in the $40 range but could be wrong  maybe the  smd led ones were more when they came out i dont know

1 hour ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Good luck.

Why good luck? The caps doesn't have to be from Corsair, or even "for" corsair. They just have to be for Cherry RGB switches and a quick google search turns up quite a few options.

1 minute ago, Ramrod126 said:

Why good luck? The caps doesn't have to be from Corsair, or even "for" corsair. They just have to be for Cherry RGB switches and a quick google search turns up quite a few options.

they dont have the standard cherry bottom row making it harder to find a full set of keycaps that will fit it.

Just now, Charger said:

they dont have the standard cherry bottom row making it harder to find a full set of keycaps that will fit it.

Ah, My intention isn't to change all of them, but to extend the "gaming key" option they include with the non-rgb K70. So, maybe 12 keys or so.

2 hours ago, Ramrod126 said:

Ah, My intention isn't to change all of them, but to extend the "gaming key" option they include with the non-rgb K70. So, maybe 12 keys or so.

If you ever want to change all the keycaps including the bottom row set, you can check out Max keyboard. So far they're the only one I know of that makes custom keycaps with options to pick the bottom row layout you desire.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

59 minutes ago, exousia7 said:

If you ever want to change all the keycaps including the bottom row set, you can check out Max keyboard. So far they're the only one I know of that makes custom keycaps with options to pick the bottom row layout you desire.

Cool, thanks for that.

Now on Amazon:

Zhuque

and

Void Ray RGB

and 

a lot of the other fullsize rainbow backlit non-rgb with different color switches (guess they haven't figured out how to set up product options yet)

Welcome to the mainstream Team Wolf...

I think the Massdrop for this comes with the original outemu blue switches + 120 Gateron switches of your choice for $90 + shipping. Value wise it's equivalent, except you get them together instead of picking up the switches off ebay for $36 + Free international shipping. Tho the fullfillment on the kb is through amazon so speedy prime 2day free delivery instead of waiting over 2 months with Massdrop...

And a competitor!

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/epic-gear-defiant-mechanical-keyboard,31356.html

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

On 3/8/2016 at 6:18 PM, Ramrod126 said:

Cool, thanks for that.

The bottom row is why I said good luck. It's impossible to find any really nice sets for the 'gamer' style boards.

Hey! New SIgnature!