Why do you guys hate razer?

lior1111

i just got a razer deathstalker , and i mean.. it really does feels alittle bit plasticy , but the price suits the quality in this things . other than that it feels really good when im typing OR GAMING!.. i have razer kraken that is just awesome and not having problems with it whatsoever for at least a year.. 

why do everyone on this forum so dislike razer products? even linus got a razer laptop..

For 100$ I expect chromatic metal, not plastic.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I don't think people like a product because Linus does ;)

I don't like their products because of the green LED back lighting.

There's also more plastic than should be used on the more expensive models, and charging the same amount for Kaihl switches as you were Cherry just seems greedy.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Most Razer products are shit and fall apart after a month of use)))

I'm pretty ambivalent when it comes to Razer.

I don't buy their products because I don't have that kind of money to spare; I save most of my extra cash.

i dont like their mice, the feel horrible in the hand, but i like the feel of their key switches. of course, i dont own anything razer though, because i cant afford that 

~dm

i just got a razer deathstalker , and i mean.. it really does feels alittle bit plasticy

RG0BS1U.gif

well i wouldn't say we hate them its just that their products are low quality and you can get better stuff for a similar if not lower price

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

It's not so much hate, but the there are better brands for the price feeling.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

After about 2 years my Razer Taipan (I know, heresy) started having sensor issues on and off and requires some tough love to work properly from time to time.

By contrast, my previous 20$ Canyon mouse lasted for SEVEN YEARS before finally starting to lose it's grip on reality....

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Everything from Razer is overpriced.

Mice have terrible acceleration issues

Keyboards are priced as if they were CherryMX whilst being Kailh

Headphones are not only overpriced, but have a very poor sound signature and sound overal.

Notebooks are unique, but again overpriced. Linus' laptop is great and only other laptop that has coparable performance and size is the Aorus X3.

Razer is a lot like Apple. In a lot of things.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/475659-why-do-people-hate-razer/?p=6380113 This is what I said before and it's still true.

why do everyone on this forum so dislike razer products? even linus got a razer laptop..

Razer hasn't made the best choices recently and their products tend to be priced at a very high point. As for what choices? The entire Chroma thing and how they completely stopped offering the non-Chroma versions while increasing the prices. Razer switches (which are just Kailhs) used to increase pices on their keyboards instead of lowering them. Re-releasing the DeathAdder like 5 times with minor "improvements" and significant increase in price. The damn thing has more than doubled in price since the original and the only thing they improved is the sides, which used to be glossy plastic. And let's not bring up Firefly...

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

How much did the deathstalker cost you?

i bought the expert with the green lights for about a 100$ , but just you know that my best other choice in my country for that pricetag was the steelseries apex. 

and i decided to go for the razer cause they both  look about the same and at least the razer matches my headphones :P 

okay i understand your hate , they might be alittle bit expensive , but you guys at canada have everything , here when i buy something , i have like 2 choices..

I bought my Razer Naga three years ago and sometimes I have to replug the mouse for it to work but its great apart from that. Also when i use there keyboards the keys are spaced so I just say fuck it and I dont have time to learn to use a new layout.

i bought the expert with the green lights for about a 100$ , but just you know that my best other choice in my country for that pricetag was the steelseries apex. 

and i decided to go for the razer cause they both  look about the same and at least the razer matches my headphones :P

okay i understand your hate , they might be alittle bit expensive , but you guys at canada have everything , here when i buy something , i have like 2 choices..

first better start reading location tag on profiles because canada and europe are 2 diffrent localizations from each other ofc apart the fact that europe is continent but i just grouped ppl that posted here. 

Now i got my razer deathadder chroma which is not bad and i got chance to see if it matches my hand at work once so kinda went straight forward to shop and guess what ? I was blind on the sale of the razer deathadder and logitech g503 whats is more hilarious is fact that g503 was even less expensive than razer.

Fun facts lets put somewhere else , now i am happy with that mouse since her structure matches my grip, it looks simple and good, and for now it works for me fine (i have her for like 4 months ) and becasue of the sale i got 3 years of warranty with extented warranty rights so not so shabby :P

CPU i5 6600k 4,4Ghz , COOLER Dark Rock 3 from BQ, RAM 16 GB of ddr 4 2800MHz from corsair,

PSU EVGA 750 W GOLD G2, MOBO Msi z170A Gaming M3, CASE NZXT H440 Black/Blue,

GPU Geforce GTX 980 Gigabyte G1 Gaming,

STORAGE 1 SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB and 1 HDD 500GB WD, Windows 8.1.

first better start reading location tag on profiles because canada and europe are 2 diffrent localizations from each other ofc apart the fact that europe is continent but i just grouped ppl that posted here. 

Now i got my razer deathadder chroma which is not bad and i got chance to see if it matches my hand at work once so kinda went straight forward to shop and guess what ? I was blind on the sale of the razer deathadder and logitech g503 whats is more hilarious is fact that g503 was even less expensive than razer.

Fun facts lets put somewhere else , now i am happy with that mouse since her structure matches my grip, it looks simple and good, and for now it works for me fine (i have her for like 4 months ) and becasue of the sale i got 3 years of warranty with extented warranty rights so not so shabby :P

yeah on mouses i know that the logitech g402 , 502 are the best ones but right now im ok with my old logitech. with keyboards.. i could go for either this deathstalker or a g105 which is super ugly.. even if it types and games well it is just too ugly for my desk.. overall im really happy with my deathstalker and i hope many other people who struggle to choose wont get fooled by all the razer hate.. everything has their pros and cons.. 

Because Razer focuses on gimmicks and looks rather than quality. Kailh switches have no place in a $180 keyboard, a chiclet based keyboard for $99 is extremely overpriced. Their mice still develop a double click issue after all their refreshes and their top tier ones use a flawed laser sensor. Not to mention how a Tournament Edition product requires Synapse running in order to function properly (no on-board memory). It's also hard to recommend a supposedly high end product that falls apart during an unboxing (https://youtu.be/bMo-KZxkVSs?t=114).

yeah on mouses i know that the logitech g402 , 502 are the best ones but right now im ok with my old logitech. with keyboards.. i could go for either this deathstalker or a g105 which is super ugly.. even if it types and games well it is just too ugly for my desk.. overall im really happy with my deathstalker and i hope many other people who struggle to choose wont get fooled by all the razer hate.. everything has their pros and cons.. 

The G105 costs way less than the Deathstalker and it's proven to be a really solid membrane keyboard. Most of the people who are purchasing Razer products buy them only for their looks and don't know anything about peripherals. Razer's "hate" is completely justified and if you had done some research you would have seen why.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

and i mean.. it really does feels alittle bit plasticy , but the price suits the quality in this things . 

u joking?

u joking?

no , it is made of plastic , but i expected it , i preffer the plastic noise over the irritating oh so irritating mechanical noise..

Because Razer focuses on gimmicks and looks rather than quality. Kailh switches have no place in a $180 keyboard, a chiclet based keyboard for $99 is extremely overpriced. Their mice still develop a double click issue after all their refreshes and their top tier ones use a flawed laser sensor. Not to mention how a Tournament Edition product requires Synapse running in order to function properly (no on-board memory). It's also hard to recommend a supposedly high end product that falls apart during an unboxing (https://youtu.be/bMo-KZxkVSs?t=114).

The G105 costs way less than the Deathstalker and it's proven to be a really solid membrane keyboard. Most of the people who are purchasing Razer products buy them only for their looks and don't know anything about peripherals. Razer's "hate" is completely justified and if you had done some research you would have seen why.

about that FAILING apart  part well depends if it was shiped and if it was secured good during shipping because things like this can happen to all COMPANYS! And if you want to use such argument please atleast give us numbers and real things that broke (a standoff that was there can be replaced by the cable that he got too i assume and mouse was not broken ).

And i am not 100% deffing razer but giving such argument with such evidence is something that i cant let it go :)

CPU i5 6600k 4,4Ghz , COOLER Dark Rock 3 from BQ, RAM 16 GB of ddr 4 2800MHz from corsair,

PSU EVGA 750 W GOLD G2, MOBO Msi z170A Gaming M3, CASE NZXT H440 Black/Blue,

GPU Geforce GTX 980 Gigabyte G1 Gaming,

STORAGE 1 SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB and 1 HDD 500GB WD, Windows 8.1.

about that FAILING apart  part well depends if it was shiped and if it was secured good during shipping because things like this can happen to all COMPANYS! And if you want to use such argument please atleast give us numbers and real things that broke (a standoff that was there can be replaced by the cable that he got too i assume and mouse was not broken ).

And i am not 100% deffing razer but giving such argument with such evidence is something that i cant let it go :)

sticking something with doublesided tape is not proffesional by anymeans. There are no excuses for that.

I do agree, it can happen to every product, but that mamba is shipped in a big metal box and everything is secured inside, so I seriously doubt that it broke during shipping.

Anyway, now talking from experience:

So I had a Razer Abyssus which developed a squeaky wheel after 2-3 months of light use and a year after that the LMB wore out and started either not registering or double clicking. Not to mention how they screwed up an overall decent sensor with predefined DPI steps and an abnormally high LOD, but at least those hardware switches it had on the bottom made it driverless and suitable for tournaments. My Razer Electra headphones were really solid to be honest, the bass they had was extremely overwhelming, which is not really a good thing, but they felt  solidly built. However the cushions were pretty low quality and started wearing out quickly and after a year of use they looked horrible. I can't completely blame Razer for that, I could have been maintaining them wrong, though the headphones I used after that are still working perfectly and their ear cushions are fine and yes, I take care of my stuff, I've never had such issues before. But overall as far as headphones go, a 30€ headset sounds better than all Razer headphones I've heard (Electra, Orca and Kraken).

A friend of mine got a Blackwidow Chroma and a Deathadder Chroma some time ago and they both failed within 6 months. The Blackwidow didn't register some keystrokes or registered them twice at random, while the DA Chroma developed the famous double click issue. At least they replaced his faulty peripherals within two weeks.

You can also get various quality control failures like in this video:

Yes, Razer used to be a good, I really like the original Deathadder and its 3.5G refresh, it was the most solid mouse they had imo and many people still use those without a problem. Also way back the original Diamondback was an excellent and well priced mouse that many users really liked.  The refreshed one they offer now is more than double the price of the original one, has a flawed laser sensor and some useless gimmicks like the Chroma lighting.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

I do agree, it can happen to every product, but that mamba is shipped in a big metal box and everything is secured inside, so I seriously doubt that it broke during shipping.

Anyway, now talking from experience:

So I had a Razer Abyssus which developed a squeaky wheel after 2-3 months of light use and a year after that the LMB wore out and started either not registering or double clicking. Not to mention how they screwed up an overall decent sensor with predefined DPI steps and an abnormally high LOD, but at least those hardware switches it had on the bottom made it driverless and suitable for tournaments. My Razer Electra headphones were really solid to be honest, the bass they had was extremely overwhelming, which is not really a good thing, but they felt  solidly built. However the cushions were pretty low quality and started wearing out quickly and after a year of use they looked horrible. I can't completely blame Razer for that, I could have been maintaining them wrong, though the headphones I used after that are still working perfectly and their ear cushions are fine and yes, I take care of my stuff, I've never had such issues before. But overall as far as headphones go, a 30€ headset sounds better than all Razer headphones I've heard (Electra, Orca and Kraken).

A friend of mine got a Blackwidow Chroma and a Deathadder Chroma some time ago and they both failed within 6 months. The Blackwidow didn't register some keystrokes or registered them twice at random, while the DA Chroma developed the famous double click issue. At least they replaced his faulty peripherals within two weeks.

You can also get various quality control failures like in this video:

Yes, Razer used to be a good, I really like the original Deathadder and its 3.5G refresh, it was the most solid mouse they had imo and many people still use those without a problem. Also way back the original Diamondback was an excellent and well priced mouse that many users really liked.  The refreshed one they offer now is more than double the price of the original one, has a flawed laser sensor and some useless gimmicks like the Chroma lighting.

sounds like you know what razer is up to.. well lets hope my deathstalker will be fine ;) thank you!