Why do you guys hate razer?

lior1111

I do agree, it can happen to every product, but that mamba is shipped in a big metal box and everything is secured inside, so I seriously doubt that it broke during shipping.

Anyway, now talking from experience:

So I had a Razer Abyssus which developed a squeaky wheel after 2-3 months of light use and a year after that the LMB wore out and started either not registering or double clicking. Not to mention how they screwed up an overall decent sensor with predefined DPI steps and an abnormally high LOD, but at least those hardware switches it had on the bottom made it driverless and suitable for tournaments. My Razer Electra headphones were really solid to be honest, the bass they had was extremely overwhelming, which is not really a good thing, but they felt  solidly built. However the cushions were pretty low quality and started wearing out quickly and after a year of use they looked horrible. I can't completely blame Razer for that, I could have been maintaining them wrong, though the headphones I used after that are still working perfectly and their ear cushions are fine and yes, I take care of my stuff, I've never had such issues before. But overall as far as headphones go, a 30€ headset sounds better than all Razer headphones I've heard (Electra, Orca and Kraken).

A friend of mine got a Blackwidow Chroma and a Deathadder Chroma some time ago and they both failed within 6 months. The Blackwidow didn't register some keystrokes or registered them twice at random, while the DA Chroma developed the famous double click issue. At least they replaced his faulty peripherals within two weeks.

You can also get various quality control failures like in this video:

Yes, Razer used to be a good, I really like the original Deathadder and its 3.5G refresh, it was the most solid mouse they had imo and many people still use those without a problem. Also way back the original Diamondback was an excellent and well priced mouse that many users really liked.  The refreshed one they offer now is more than double the price of the original one, has a flawed laser sensor and some useless gimmicks like the Chroma lighting.

well i got no turning back now cuz i was blind back than but atleast i want corsair mechanical keyboard cuz the brown cherry mx are most suitable for me :D and i like rgb and corsair has nice build quality or atleast i  summ it from reviews . Btw my deather has only 1 issue that i noticed it does not turn off leds even after PC is shut down (it happens often ) and that option about turning them off as the Display is turned off does not work too . If shit will be too annoying i will switch to logitech since it suits me most in theme (black and blue or dark blue ) :P

CPU i5 6600k 4,4Ghz , COOLER Dark Rock 3 from BQ, RAM 16 GB of ddr 4 2800MHz from corsair,

PSU EVGA 750 W GOLD G2, MOBO Msi z170A Gaming M3, CASE NZXT H440 Black/Blue,

GPU Geforce GTX 980 Gigabyte G1 Gaming,

STORAGE 1 SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB and 1 HDD 500GB WD, Windows 8.1.

I dont hate Razer. I just wont ever buy their products. Why? Build quality isnt up to par, imo. 

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

Razer pioneers the gamer peripheral standards the most imo.

Gaming gear = low build quality, high price, lots spent on marketing, lots of shiny lights, high focus on gimmicks, low focus on improving quality of performance.

want good gear for gaming for a reasonable price? Get a mechanical keyboard for typing, not gaming. Get headphones for listening to music, not gaming. ECT. Then there are the peripherals you need to get the gaming version for, gamepads, mice, and mouspads. And all you can do about those is purchase, overpriced glowing turds that makes you look like you have the aestetic taste for a 10 year old and be bitter especially at Razer because they pioneer this shit. The average gamer is in their 30s; how about some peripherals that don't have the look and build quality of a kid's toy.

I had a mamba many years ago, and I just replaced my anansi with a 710+.

I agree with the majority of people here is saying that razer products do feel kinda cheap. They sure know how to package however.

But, I'd rather save $60 in fancy packaging.

I used to own their mouse and headset. Their drivers suck ass and the mouse stopped working after a year. Considering the prices of these items I expect better quality. Since then I've gone back to logitech for the mouse and Hyper X for the headset and couldn't be more happier. I haven't had an issue..

well i wouldn't say we hate them its just that their products are low quality and you can get better stuff for a similar if not lower price

It's not so much hate, but the there are better brands for the price feeling.

Their products are simply overrated.

Not worth the price.

Simply because of established brand name, people blindly think they make the best gaming peripheral.

These 3 posts pretty much sum up the shitstorm that is Razer. They have a great marketing team, but if Ducky had a marketing team in the U.S that pushed product like Razer or perhaps if other quality brands pushed marketing as hard as Razer or other similarly marketed "gaming" company, then the tables may turn. Companies like Ducky over here in the U.S though, don't need that marketing to gain traction, they gained their own traction here by the sheer quality of their product.

Take it for what you will, if you love Razer, then by all means nothing wrong with that. But, if someone is asking for advice on headphones and a dipshit comes in posting "ZUMG GET THE RAZER TIAMAT I GOT IT AND LOVE IT AND 7.1!!!! THATS WHAT YOU NEED FOR GAMING", well, I'm just going to mock that moron for being a pathetic and ignorant sheep. My favorite line is probably, "I spent $200 on this "insert gaming brand here" product and I LOVE it, it's pricey but worth it".

The issue is similar to that of all the morons here on these forums who have no audio experience and recommend the M50 as "the best headphone for the price", it all comes down to stupid comments like that from uneducated individuals that repeats a looping cycle of stupidity.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

Ive been using the Razer leviathan, a Razer mousepad, Razer Orochi, NZXT H440 Razer edition tower, and the Razer deathstalker for over a year and I am very happy with all of them. The products are durable and work well. They look nice and come in many variations so they have a product for everyone.

Ive been using the Razer leviathan, a Razer mousepad, Razer Orochi, NZXT H440 Razer edition tower, and the Razer deathstalker for over a year and I am very happy with all of them. The products are durable and work well. They look nice and come in many variations so they have a product for everyone.

You are simply the other side of that same coin :) If the products they offer work for YOU and suit YOU, then hey, stick to what you like! I sadly was one of the poor souls that went through 6 separate RMAs with their Copperhead as well as a few RMAs for the Diamondback, and I tried helping a friend go through RMAs with his Razer Lycosa and later Deathstalker.

I can understand getting a lemon, it happens, but I just finally said enough is enough. I felt like an abused spouse that kept coming back for more punishment.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

Well...the Razer DeathStalker goes for $84.99 (+ additional $7.99 shipping + 12% tax). http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823114028

I can get a fully mechanical keyboard for that price. Heck, I grabbed a Thermaltake Poseidon Z with Cherry MX Brown switches with blue LED backlight for $50.

After my experience with Razer...it is just overpriced, and over-hyped.

Razer Deathadder 3.5G.

• Drivers were garbage (every now and then they won't load up properly, so all my profile/DPI settings were screwed)
  • Left button wore out after about a year and a half (two years tops) of day-to-day usage
  • Braiding on the cable turned to a shyt within that time frame

Yeah...there is tape on the USB cable...you'll see why...

3Keu4qqh.jpg

Look at that fuzzy braiding! Quality!
eGKudEXh.jpg

The reason for the tape. There is NO MORE cable braiding on that part of the damn cable...
AI4HZebh.jpg

My Logitech G9x, that is close at least three years old now, and it is still going strong.

IpiRofYh.jpg

My brother bought a RAZER sachel for $85 over the summer. We shall see how long that lasts...

Spoiler
Wo5m3Vwh.jpg

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

i just got a razer deathstalker , and i mean.. it really does feels alittle bit plasticy , but the price suits the quality in this things . other than that it feels really good when im typing OR GAMING!.. i have razer kraken that is just awesome and not having problems with it whatsoever for at least a year.. 

why do everyone on this forum so dislike razer products? even linus got a razer laptop..

may be money is not the issue but its the false or weird marketing they do with their products. they say their keyboard have red or blue mechanical switches but in fact they have replica Chinese keys. NOT saying these are bad, but the intention to market something thats not true, and trying to deceive customers is VERY bad in my books at least. also pricing.

i really hate companies that price their products extremely high. not mentioning anyone of their products, but their high end products are really expensive. 

this is one of th reasons i dont like apple, high prices. there many many spoil millionaires and billionaires and even middle class people who buy these products for their price that it would add their social status. and thats where development really stops. competitive companies start to hike prices as well and its the end customer that has to pay the ultimate price. 

i mean whats so special to price a keyboard $170? in initial stages, ok its understandable that company has to cover its R&D cost and what not, but it has not become a trend. 

for many price is not an issue, but its really insensible even if you have money to pay what a product is not worth.

Current Rig: Intel core i7 4770K Stock 4.5G, Asus Maximus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 16Gb (8Gx2), 2x SLi Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 2Gb GDDR5 3X Windforce Edition, Corsair Hydro Series H100i (Push), JDS LABS O2/ODAC combo, Fiio E18 KUNLUN, Asus Xonar Essence STX (secondary PC), Sennheiser HD700, Hifiman HE 400i, Beyerdynamics DT 990 PRO 250 Ohm, Sennheiser HD 518, Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850W 80+, Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced, Samsun4g DVD R/W Combo, 3X Cooler Master 120mm Blue LED fans, LG IPS 23EA73, Logitech G710 BLUE, BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Edition,Logitech G402 HYPERION FURY, Bloody Core V7, SteelSeries QcK Mass MiBR mouse pad

• 3 weeks later...

i just got a razer deathstalker , and i mean.. it really does feels alittle bit plasticy , but the price suits the quality in this things . other than that it feels really good when im typing OR GAMING!.. i have razer kraken that is just awesome and not having problems with it whatsoever for at least a year.. 

why do everyone on this forum so dislike razer products? even linus got a razer laptop..

I don't understand all the hate, some of there products are a bit overpriced but (at least in some store in Australia) when they go on sale they become very cheap.

one other reason people hate it is because people say razer is bad quality but my friend has had a deathadder for 2 years and it still works perfectly, same story with my teachers black widow 

In my opinion I think that razer products are just overpriced for the poor build quality, you can get products that are better and last a lot longer for the same price or even sometimes less and the green razer colour theme just turns me off

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison

I'll be honest I would't buy Razer products at full retail price. However, that is the one benefit of them being a huge company, You can often(in the us anyway) find them on sale for even up to half off or more of the shelf tag prices. I do own 2 blackwidow ultimates (a 2013 and 2014 version both bought for around $50) Still using both at work and don't regret a thing purchasing them at that price. I also have a deathadder 3g and chroma I also use at my office.(chroma I grabbed for like 35 bucks?) both working still. I've had to clean the sensor on the 3G a couple times but the things pretty old since I bought it fairly close to release.

To be honest as far as mice go my k/d doesn't change switching from my Fk1 to a deathadder, G502, Sensei, or my old mx518 for that matter. For some people it may, I don't know?

The Blackwidow ulti. at its kind of standard sale point at 90-100 bucks does fall into what I feel is really an appropriate price range for it. For having mechanical switches, backlighting, dedicated macro keys, software, I like that it has usb and headphone/ mic pass through as well.

I'm not really a razer fanboy in the slightest. I have one of about every brand of peripheral now and am currently not using anything from razer.(except at work ofc) I'm just speaking from my personal experience with them over the past probably at least 8 years of owning different razer products. 

So to sum things up from that jumbled mess I just wrote:

-They're alright products. Not the best, but alright.

-Buy something from them on sale because they have them pretty often.

-Use Razer stuff if you want. 

That's about all that was important.

Current gaming build: Link to PcPartPicker

So to sum things up from that jumbled mess I just wrote:

-They're alright products. Not the best, but alright.

-Buy something from them on sale because they have them pretty often.

-Use Razer stuff if you want. 

That's about all that was important.

True that. The quality of their products doesn't justify the price tag they put, however during major sale events with at least 50% discounts....they're pretty worth :D

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

If you missed the sale or they ran out of stock before you could get the item you wanted, head over to Ebay. I'm seeing new postings and at lower than normal prices, at about the right time for ppl to finally have gotten their items shipped to them (give it some time for some products, seems some items must have shipped sooner than others). Guess we know where a lot of the stock went...

They really need to fix the promo code so it actually only applies to a single item. I had 2 items in my cart when I applied the code and the entire order got discounted. I actually removed 1 before checkout, but from what I've been hearing all over is that ppl were checking out with multiple discounted items, which makes the sale an awsome supplier for Ebayers.

iPhone 5 / iPad 1 / iPad 3 / iPad Mini / iPad Air 2 | Galaxy S / Nexus 7 / Sero 7 / Nvidia Shield Tablet

Asus Maximus VI Hero / i7 4770 / GTX 780 Windforce SLI / Samsung 850 Pro 1TB / Rosewill Blackhawk

G710 & G500s / Cougar 600K / Blackwidow Ultimate 2016

Oh and I gotta hate on em for flagging my Insider account. Blocking me from posting, with an excuse that I've been posting too much too fast.... After I'd been gone for hours (it says try again in 10 mins which i come back after hours). Bet they just didn't like my coverage of how stuff from their CES Sale are now available on Ebay, which riles up the whiners that didn't manage to get anything during the sale.

iPhone 5 / iPad 1 / iPad 3 / iPad Mini / iPad Air 2 | Galaxy S / Nexus 7 / Sero 7 / Nvidia Shield Tablet

Asus Maximus VI Hero / i7 4770 / GTX 780 Windforce SLI / Samsung 850 Pro 1TB / Rosewill Blackhawk

G710 & G500s / Cougar 600K / Blackwidow Ultimate 2016