Share your shitty new year stories

Misanthrope

I'll start: my controversial policy of 0 fucks given has kept me single for the better part of 2015 so no options there. The very few friends that I consider close enough to bother will be with their families so that's a no go. I was gonna spend the night with my own family but I kinda, sorta got mad at them. Not without reason mind you: my dad dropped the turkey on the floor before getting it to the car to bring it for the extended family and they decided "fuck it, it's just a little dust and dog shit it's fine" and picked it up, barely dusted it off.

I of course called them fucking pigs and refused to attend the extended family gathering, nothing was fucking open (obviously) so I ended up alone with my current dinner: instant noodles, 7-11 nasty hotdogs and a chocolate bar. Yay.

What about you?

-------

Current Rig

-------

my parents want me to be vegetarian this year. 

NO 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

NO

good luck turning into a plant

I am currently having bagel bites because there is nothing at all to eat besides frozen things which I am absolutely sick of because we "Don't have any money" even though my dad just got paid yesterday.

Spending new years alone, Girlfriend friends are bothering her and we can't spend any time together :c 

edit:

Picture of dinner

3b8c62f39a.jpg

3AM, freezing my ass off, my super fluffy sweater is nowhere to be found.

the options are either being cold, or going to "bed" on an air mattress thats about as comfortable as sleeping on the floor.

its amazing how this family cant do anything together without something going wrong. i expect to get my sweater back around 2020 :/

here's also some juicy speedtest:

4959798497.png

3AM, freezing my ass off, my super fluffy sweater is nowhere to be found.

the options are either being cold, or going to "bed" on an air mattress thats about as comfortable as sleeping on the floor.

its amazing how this family cant do anything together without something going wrong. i expect to get my sweater back around 2020 :/

here's also some juicy speedtest:

4959798497.png

*gives sweatshirt* Here man, you need it.

*gives sweatshirt* Here man, you need it.

irritation fuels my warmth...

just a few more hours and i can forget this fucked up branch of my family exists...

Pretty much the only one in the uni dorms because flight tickets back to Norway are expensive AF, but on the upside no one is using the internet...

post-11673-0-40638300-1451619230.png

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

I just worked all new years...

Main PC : CPU: I7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MOBO: Asus Maximus Hero VII RAM: 32GB Crucial 2133MHz GPU: GTX 980ti 2-Way SLI Drives: 2 850 Evo 250GB, 1 TB WD Blue CASE: 750D PSU: RM1000W

I have no internet connection. My only option is LTE tethering VIA iPhone. I currently used 4.5gb / 5gb. It resets on January 14th D:

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Drank with friends... haven't even finished a bottle of brandy when we called it quits... then again, it was a very hectic night...

oh and we lost power from 7am to 9:45am on Jan 1... because some idiot of a bird decided that it would be nice to short out the pole-mounted transformer...

4959798497.png

Honestly I'm glad I got out of my previous job a few months ago: it was satellite internet (Hughesnet) and it was brutally shitty. Not only that the holidays were delightful because like you, many people were stucked with extended family branches suffering through lots of nonsense and shitty internet connections, but unlike you they were not as tech saavy so they would call and you had to explain: "Yeah...your grampa cheapskate has a 5mbps satellite connection with a data cap of 5gb per month which you used up completely during your last 2 hours of Netflix episodes....you can upgrade him to 20gb data cap...for 140 USD per month....certainly I'll get a supervisor for you....eventually"

-------

Current Rig

-------

Drank with friends... haven't even finished a bottle of brandy when we called it quits... then again, it was a very hectic night...

oh and we lost power from 7am to 9:45am on Jan 1... because some idiot of a bird decided that it would be nice to short out the pole-mounted transformer...

Did the bird shorted it's guts out due to it as well? Because well, free cooked chicken...kinda

-------

Current Rig

-------

Did the bird shorted it's guts out due to it as well? Because well, free cooked chicken...kinda

the bird got roasted... but not roasted enough to eat...

Honestly I'm glad I got out of my previous job a few months ago: it was satellite internet (Hughesnet) and it was brutally shitty. Not only that the holidays were delightful because like you, many people were stucked with extended family branches suffering through lots of nonsense and shitty internet connections, but unlike you they were not as tech saavy so they would call and you had to explain: "Yeah...your grampa cheapskate has a 5mbps satellite connection with a data cap of 5gb per month which you used up completely during your last 2 hours of Netflix episodes....you can upgrade him to 20gb data cap...for 140 USD per month....certainly I'll get a supervisor for you....eventually"

the worrying bit is i'm on a connection thats advertised as "up to 70Mbps" and unlimited downloading.

its just sad that in reality its slower than the connection i had at home in 2002...

the worrying bit is i'm on a connection thats advertised as "up to 70Mbps" and unlimited downloading.

its just sad that in reality its slower than the connection i had at home in 2002...

That does sounds bad (though not uncommon). I swear they intentionally sell it as "up to 70mbps" and forget to mention "....and down to 1mbps....huh? Because fuck you, pay me"

-------

Current Rig

-------

I am not really into partying, and drinking, so I have been working, well more playing around with a new product for my store.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

That does sounds bad (though not uncommon). I swear they intentionally sell it as "up to 70mbps" and forget to mention "....and down to 1mbps....huh? Because fuck you, pay me"

gotta love VDSL... under "ideal circumstances" you do indeed get that speed, its just that "ideal circumstances" mean the isp has to be closer than the neighbors...

12 :05 of the new year it started raining.  screwed  up our street celebration.. our gift raffle prizes that's on display almost got wet.  did i mention i'm from the phillipines? 

the new year celebration here ... lets just say its really loud. all 3 of our dogs went completely  crazy and scared due to the loud explosive sound the "fire crackers" is making (can't classify them as fire crackers anymore) had a hard time calming them.

It was actually a good celebration this year.

But my joints ache all over as my friend only had a couch left, all other beds and such were taken. Along with another dude who had a different couch we tried to sleep.... No go. Extremely, extremely uncomfortable. My feet joints and hand joints ache for some reason, my arm too sometimes.

Also a 11,50 euro commute back, which I am currently sitting out in the bus, just 28 minutes until home!

So yeah, sleep deprived in the bus.

Next year I am staying home. :D

http://imgur.com/kpx7oHa

Bonus shot of my scarf ^

NO 

BUT MEAT!

I bet they just haven't been taken aside by a grill  yet and shown, delicately of course, the ways of flavorful meat love.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

BUT MEAT!

I bet they just haven't been taken aside by a grill  yet and shown, delicately of course, the ways of flavorful meat love.

If they make him vegetarian that's irresponsible. The man needs meat.