Case Box: 5.25" Bay Drawer

Dredgy

This is probably the best computer accessory ever bought, and it cost like $15AUD. The video gives a good overview of it, though there's not much to say.

It is a drawer that fits in a 5.25" bay. It's awesome. It tucks discretely away and is a really great place to store miscellaneous tech - USB drives, memory cards, cables, adapters, passport, keys etc.

The drawer is spring loaded, easy to access, roomy and easily detachable from the enclosure. 

Well worth the purchase.

Careful with the spring loaded-ness.  The spring will pop right out if the items in the box have too much weight

and/or you push the box too firmly to open/close it.

Well this is quite interesting.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

Careful with the spring loaded-ness.  The spring will pop right out if the items in the box have too much weight

and/or you push the box too firmly to open/close it.

Has never happened to me once in 2 years. Isn't exactly rock solid, but is robust enough for the load I put in it.

Looks interesting, could be useful. I bought a case with 2 missing drive bay covers and need to fill them.

Link to one on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=5.25+Inch+Drive+Bay+Storage+Drawer&_sop=15

Is useful. Is be wary of putting 2 in adjacent bays though, there might be a little bit of overflow at the front of the draw. It's hard to tell, but I can't slide another bay device in from the front if the drawer is in there.

ive been wanting one of these, but it wont work in my case(air 540) since the bays are vertical.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

ive been wanting one of these, but it wont work in my case(air 540) since the bays are vertical.

Well, with some modification I think it'd work just fine in your case :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats