3 x 670 Or WC?

Lumaci

So! Ive been saving up for watercooling to my gpus but now when i found out my 750W PSU is more then enough for 3x 670s ive been thinking about just getting one more and dont WC them.
Cuz ive been wanting to wc them so i could oc them to get more fps but! a 670 more would give me the fps and even more.

So should i do it or just water cool and oc?

I'm not entirely clear on what you mean. 

Please list your current specs.

Moved to Graphics Cards.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

So! Ive been saving up for watercooling to my gpus but now when i found out my 750W PSU is more then enough for 3x 670s ive been thinking about just getting one more and dont WC them.

Cuz ive been wanting to wc them so i could oc them to get more fps but! a 670 more would give me the fps and even more.

water cool because you can have problems with sli in some games 

I dont think its worth WCing 670s. They only have 2GB of VRAM, thats already going to start to limit you and its going to cost hundreds of dollars in waterblocks for them. You'd be much happier spending the money you'd spend on WCing stuff on a better GPU.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

Wc because 3 way sli sucks donkey balls

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

Get the third 670 for sure.

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

I say sell all of them and get a 390x or something like that. SLI isn't worth it, you only have 2gb of RAM, some games don't support SLI, you'll see minimal performance increase with a third card in games that do. WC isn't worth it, its quite expensive and would be better to put that money for a new GPU. With a new GPU you'll get better all-round performance, less power draw, new features, and better future compatibility.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

I would do neither. Tri/Quad SLI is generally a bad idea, too many issues with it. I would almost look into selling your current GPU's for a bit of cash, and pick up something newer.

Basically.. This

I say sell all of them and get a 390x or something like that. SLI isn't worth it, you only have 2gb of RAM, some games don't support SLI, you'll see minimal performance increase with a third card in games that do. WC isn't worth it, its quite expensive and would be better to put that money for a new GPU. With a new GPU you'll get better all-round performance, less power draw, new features, and better future compatibility.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

to WC or get 3 670s. I would just sell my 670s and get a 980 ti. You don't have to worry about water going through your computer and on top of that there are no SLI issues.

It's not water. And there's no worries.

OP, go for liquid cooling and overclock the shit out of themz

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Currently they are oced and i get the fps i want but i like to get just a bit more.
And yes they are 2GB each but i play on a low res so its overkill having more then 2GB hehe.
The thing i also i dont game that much and when i do i play small games thats more CPU bound then GPU but i like to max out everything even the res.

Currently im running higher frames by alot then all my skylake gtx 980 friends. So i a "upgrade" would only be a downgrade cuz i'dd first have to spend more money and i cant get anything for the GTX here in Denmark only like 100euro if im lucky each and a GTX 980 is 500euro and 970 is like 300 so id still have to use money.
Currently i have 3 GTX 670 but! They are not the same and the last one dosnt fit cuz it just a bit to high...

Also if id have to WC ill need to first of all get WC blocks and rad pretty much everthing and it would kinda be a waste to WC when i have fine temps on AC (30 to 70C) just to get a little fps boost.

I know i wont get 100 more frames out of SLIing one more card and neither OCing.

Games i play:
Rust, DayZ, BF4, GTA V, Stranded Deep, Minecraft, some other games like DayZ = H1Z1 n such.

I run BF4 even at 4K in the most maps at a stable 60FPS (I use DSR to get 4K and no aa and mainly custom made ultra preset)

Also GTA V Maxed out a high res without any problems.

But! Its still not "good" enough yes everything seems to be able to be played at 4K but its not a 100% playable FPS and i would like to get it and yes the 2GB Vram might not be the best but its okay for me, im planning on selling my entire rig soon so no need to give me names on new gpus or cpus to buy cuz i wont buy a new rig before i can get the sickest pc ever with SLI gpus again and that might first be in 2020 but i can wait then theres also good games to play again :-) 

And with this comment im still thinking about what i should get, with WC i would get a sick looking gaming rig but! have more problems upgrading also id need to pay more!
With a triple sli i would be able to get the fps i need but still! Problems, i might need new psu if i was going to make some smalls ocing. my CPU Might bottleneck everything n such.

But i wont upgrade anything to newer generation stuff i outperforme things like that now and i got this pc so cheap that i cant get anything for it and then cant upgrade to anything newer without paying the same price as if i didnt sell this pc :-)

And i just saw the comment about SLI problems and games that dosnt support it.
I havent found a game yet that i play or like to play that dosnt support sli or physx.
Also the only problem ive found so far with my SLI Setup is that my main gpus DVI ports dosnt work under boot but they do when im in Windows so i cant edit my bios before i put my DVI in my other card and that wont work with windows so its kinda buggy but easy to fix just dosnt care about it small problem so nothing to say about it.
And in all the games i play i have perfect SLI scaling BF4 50% (Went from 80fps to 110+)

And yet i havent seen any of the normal sli problems with screen shuttering and such its a bit weird but i guess i just play the right games :-)

And i just saw the comment about SLI problems and games that dosnt support it.

I havent found a game yet that i play or like to play that dosnt support sli or physx.

Also the only problem ive found so far with my SLI Setup is that my main gpus DVI ports dosnt work under boot but they do when im in Windows so i cant edit my bios before i put my DVI in my other card and that wont work with windows so its kinda buggy but easy to fix just dosnt care about it small problem so nothing to say about it.

And in all the games i play i have perfect SLI scaling BF4 50% (Went from 80fps to 110+)

And yet i havent seen any of the normal sli problems with screen shuttering and such its a bit weird but i guess i just play the right games :-)

I would highly suggest that you move up a few generations for your graphics cards. Currently, a single GTX 970/R9 390 far outperforms a SLI GTX 670 setup. Those cards get about the same kind of performance that you do in SLI, but as a single card, and in 1920x1080.

I dont find a good reason to upgrade to newer generations, as it is i only play once a week but when i do i do it 12 hours straight and i wanna play it buttersmooth (as i do now)

So it would only be a huge waste to upgrade to newer generations the only thing that makes sli bad is the power and noise and the support in games but really i havent found any of the problems and when i dont game i plug my fans down and use my Underclock profile in my bios that makes my CPU run at max 1,7GHZ so im not running on that much power.

Only reason to upgrade for me would be to get one single card and be able to SLI them and to make my setup look better with my colors but no other reason and we talk about 400EURO just to remove one card and be able to get it look better and maybe remove some noise that i dont care that much about i have headphones and big monitors thats able to remove it :-)
Even a GTX 560 would be enough for me (in sli) cuz the fps would be there but i would have a lack of directx support and wouldnt be as updated as everyone else but its not worth 400Euro for me when im only playing MAX once or twice a week :-)

And when i finally find something i cant run even at low settings and i enjoy to play as i once did.
Im gonna use alot of money on the best of the best but now this is the best of the best for me, but still a little better wont harm therefor i ask if WC or a card more theres drawbacks pros and conf to everything so i just wanna hear what would be the best / sickest to get for what i have now :-)

I dont find a good reason to upgrade to newer generations, as it is i only play once a week but when i do i do it 12 hours straight and i wanna play it buttersmooth (as i do now)

So it would only be a huge waste to upgrade to newer generations the only thing that makes sli bad is the power and noise and the support in games but really i havent found any of the problems and when i dont game i plug my fans down and use my Underclock profile in my bios that makes my CPU run at max 1,7GHZ so im not running on that much power.

Only reason to upgrade for me would be to get one single card and be able to SLI them and to make my setup look better with my colors but no other reason and we talk about 400EURO just to remove one card and be able to get it look better and maybe remove some noise that i dont care that much about i have headphones and big monitors thats able to remove it :-)

Even a GTX 560 would be enough for me (in sli) cuz the fps would be there but i would have a lack of directx support and wouldnt be as updated as everyone else but its not worth 400Euro for me when im only playing MAX once or twice a week :-)

Then Neither, there won't be much benefit in going with either. You said your fine with your current games, and 3x SLI won't improve that. Watercooling won't be worth the money either because you use headphones and the amount of overclocking headroom with those cards is less on temperatures and more on the Silicon lottery.  

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

And when i finally find something i cant run even at low settings and i enjoy to play as i once did.

Im gonna use alot of money on the best of the best but now this is the best of the best for me, but still a little better wont harm therefor i ask if WC or a card more theres drawbacks pros and conf to everything so i just wanna hear what would be the best / sickest to get for what i have now :-)

Neither then, really. Stick with your current setup.

Watercooling your current setup will just become a hassle you don't want to deal with later down the line (not to mention that you'd have to pay a decent sum of money for the blocks, pumps, radiators, etc.)

And looking back now, I am even pretty sure that you are unable to run 3xSLI with your 2600k, since that platform only supports SLI with two cards.

If you want to give yourself a more proper upgrade, then I can honestly only think of two things to do.

1; Change out your current graphics card setup for a single, more powerful graphics card.

2; Keep your current graphics card setup, and grab a ~500GB SSD to make as your boot drive.

I know where to get all the stuff real cheap i can get a kit for 120USD with rad and a EK block for my GPU and gotta say my case is made for watercooling (Phanteks Enthoo Luxe)

And i know my mobo works with 3x sli i was running GTX 460SLI when they were good :-) (Also it says it supports quad sli on the asus website)

But i am gonna save up for a good setup but for now this is fine, and i do have a 250GB SSD just not in i use it in my laptop as i use my Laptop more then my main rig :-)

And when i am going to make a new rig its going to be either all in same colors and stuff and water cooled or im gonna go for a nice AIO like a h100I and spray paint it when the time comes.