[rumored] apple 6c set to launch in the spring

pagani123

Looks like apple is re releasing a c version of their phones. This time its going to smaller (around 4 inches) and is set to launch in April of 2016 and replace the iphone 5s. This is all coming from a presentation slide from one of apples carriers china mobile.

15345-11587-1bf359bd23a14bf5b38c22aa415b

Note all the slide says is apple and April from what i can tell so most likely this will be a smaller "cheaper" version of the iphone 6s. which the media has named the 6c.

9040-496-mockups-140423-l-635x381.png

(give you an idea of what it may look like)

This does line up with another rumor that claimed apple was planning a march 2016 event which may include the 6c and second gen apple watch. Again this is all rumors so stay skeptical.

http://wccftech.com/china-mobile-claims-4-inch-iphone-7c-releasing-in-april-2016/

http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/12/22/4-inch-iphone-6c-set-for-april-2016-launch-china-mobile-claims 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Can Apple just copy one of the greatest phones of all time (the 4s) and just make it a 4" design.

Call me later Tim Cook if you wanna explore this gold mine.

imo iphone 5/5s was the best. last jobs had oversight on and didn't have the problem of breaking the back of the iphone glass

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Yes! The new iPhone will be battery-less, to achieve maximum thinnest. To use the phone, you need to use Apple new battery cover case, and now has a Pro version with double battery bump for extended use, only 200$.

(joking)

4 inches? That's it?-My girlfriend.

But seriously, the 5c was 5. Making the 6c smaller is ridiculous.

The 5c was 4 inches? My dad owns one and I can confirm for a fact that it's 4 inches

Yes! The new iPhone will be battery-less, to achieve maximum thinnest. To use the phone, you need to use Apple new battery cover case, and now has a Pro version with double battery bump for extended use, only 200$

please tell me there's a kappa or /s around here

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

4 inches? That's it?-My girlfriend.

But seriously, the 5c was 5. Making the 6c smaller is ridiculous.

Ehhh...we need an apple fan boy here to explain how the 5/5s/5c all had 4 inch displays...

oh wait, I mean someone that know anything remotely technology :D

(Not meant to be an insult but to be a joke :P)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Finally, a small Apple (I like iOS so sue me)  phone that I can upgrade from my aging 4s to.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

If they can use the same chassis as the 5s with all the upgraded specs of the 6s and the same battery capacity of the 5s, maybe slightly better, I'll get it because battery life will be phenomenal due to the low power display, and insane power efficiency of the A9. 

If it's thick enough to have a reasonably sized battery (and no camera bump!), this may be my next phone. I had a short switch to an HTC One but just didn't like the size of a 5" phone, so I went back to my old iphone 5S which I still use.

Edit: oh, and decent build quality. No unapologetic plastic.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

So we'll have an iPhone 6 made out of plastic!

Just $100 less than an iPhone 6s.

Grab your piece of unapologetic plastic now!

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

So we'll have an iPhone 6 made out of plastic!

Just $100 less than an iPhone 6s.

Grab your piece of unapologetic plastic now!

might not be plastic we dont know if its just going to be smaller or made cheaper

Oops, I was thinking vertically.

o_o-confused-emoticon-smiley-t-shirt-thu

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

If it's thick enough to have a reasonably sized battery (and no camera bump!), this may be my next phone. I had a short switch to an HTC One but just didn't like the size of a 5" phone, so I went back to my old iphone 5S which I still use.

I'm fairly certain that if they use the same battery capacity as the one in the 5s, it'll still get excellent battery life (maybe 12+ hours of sot) due to the efficiency of the A9. 

So, is it going to have outdated technology and be just 100 bucks off of the S just like the 5c was? I thought the 5c was a flop, apparently not enough.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'm fairly certain that if they use the same battery capacity as the one in the 5s, it'll still get excellent battery life (maybe 12+ hours of sot) due to the efficiency of the A9. 

IF they use the A9. The 5c had an A7 iirc

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

imo iphone 5/5s was the best. last jobs had oversight on and didn't have the problem of breaking the back of the iphone glass

I just prefer the stainless steel of the 4. I find it much more durable and it ages beautifully, akin to an air cooled 911 or a Leica. Aluminum is far too soft of a metal for me and will spontaneously dent if you give it a chance.

12 hours of sot? Are you crazy? Or you mean just straight up watching videos for 12 hours on minimum brightness? 

Generally with phones the fact is that the bigger the phone is the longer it will last. Yes, the display uses more, but bigger phones get ahead during standby and the fact that processors still use the same amount.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

The 5S has QC and Software issues, my sisters and parents have gone through so many of those.