[rumored] apple 6c set to launch in the spring

pagani123

that's not sot though, it's just a benchmark. 6s doesn't get 4 hours of sot during a normal day of usage. Since 4 hours of sot is considered good battery life among many people. 5-6h is great.

6s has bad battery life and everyone knows it. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

please tell me there's a kappa or /s around here

It was a joke. The 6S has better battery life than the 6, mostly due to more efficient CPU design, I expect the same with the 7. But imagine Apple does something like this. LOL!

that's not sot though, it's just a benchmark. 6s doesn't get 4 hours of sot during a normal day of usage. 

That's how many hours you're able to browse the internet with the screen on on an udp. 

Edit: imo, sot is a terrible metric that shouldn't be used, but many phone enthusiasts like to use it, so I'm showing an example of sot in its most optimal scenario. 

that's not sot though, it's just a benchmark. 6s doesn't get 4 hours of sot during a normal day of usage. 

i personally know the 6s plus doesn't have bad battery life. especially with their low power mode 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

It was a joke. The 6S has better battery life than the 6, mostly due to more efficient CPU design, I expect the same with the 7. But imagine Apple does something like this. LOL!

i never thought i would say this to a mod

but kappa and /s exist

But honestly, it's not very far fetched for Apple.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

i personally know the 6s plus doesn't have bad battery life. especially with their low power mode 

6s plus is decent yes. 

That's how many hours you're able to browse the internet with the screen on on an udp. 

no it's not. please. it has all background apps disabled and switches pages at a constant beautiful rate without anyone touching the screen. It's about as far from real life as it gets. I would be surprised if you would pull out 6 hours of browsing in real life.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

no it's not. please. it has all background apps disabled and switches pages at a constant beautiful rate without anyone touching the screen. It's about as far from real life as it gets. I would be surprised if you would pull out 6 hours of browsing in real life.

You're right about that because traditionally, safari is very fast and optimized and is able to load pages much faster than any other browser which lets it idle more often than the other phones. 

You're right about that because traditionally, safari is very fast and optimized and is able to load pages much faster than any other browser which lets it idle more often than the other phones. 

yes, but when you mention sot you should be talking about real life use case. Like for example for android phones:

1 day 4 hours of sot that's okay

2 days 3 hours of sot that's okay

1 day 5 hours of sot, good

2 days 5 hours of sot, very good.

of course apple measures sot differently too so you can't directly compare them.

iphone 6 gets about 6 hours, iphone 6 plus about 8 hours, with apple measurements and both of those phones are at the bottom of their class when comparing battery lifes.

6s and 6s plus do a little better.

Spoiler

yes, but when you mention sot you should be talking about real life use case. Like for example for android phones:

1 day 4 hours of sot that's okay

2 days 3 hours of sot that's okay

1 day 5 hours of sot, good

2 days 5 hours of sot, very good.

of course apple measures sot differently too so you can't directly compare them.

iphone 6 gets about 6 hours, iphone 6 plus about 8 hours, with apple measurements and both of those phones are at the bottom of their class when comparing battery lifes.

6s and 6s plus do a little better.

The graph I showed was from Anandtech that uses a standardized test across all phones. Like I said earlier, web browsing is the thing I do most on my phone, so sot on wifi and LTE is most applicable to me. 

The graph I showed was from Anandtech that uses a standardized test across all phones. Like I said earlier, web browsing is the thing I do most on my phone, so sot on wifi and LTE is most applicable to me. 

but you won't get that, anywhere near, because you have apps updating, stuff coming in from your mail and messages, notifications. You pull out the camera once rip 20 mins of browsing.

I mean, looking at that test alone it might seem like G4 has good battery life, when it's actually abysmal and Note 4 would outlast G4 by a day.

Spoiler

but you won't get that, anywhere near, because you have apps updating, stuff coming in from your mail and messages, notifications. You pull out the camera once rip 20 mins of browsing.

I mean, looking at that test alone it might seem like G4 has good battery life, when it's actually abysmal and Note 4 would outlast G4 by a day.

Well, it's a decent way to get an idea of how long a phone will last off the usb cable. There's no way any objective test can measure real world battery life because if a test favors heavier usage, it'll be skewed towards phones with bigger batteries, more efficient cpu/gpus, more efficient screens and ones that throttle readily (i.e. 5x) whereas a test that factors in a lot of idle time, iPhones will probably take it. 

Edited by kurahk7

While I'm sitting over here waiting for Windows 10 mobile

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Well, it's a decent way to get an idea of how long a phone will last off the usb cable. There's no way any objective test can measure real world battery life because if a test favors heavier usage, it'll be skewed towards phones with bigger batteries, more efficient cpu/gpus, more efficient screens and ones that throttle readily (i.e. 5p) whereas a test that factors in a lot of idle time, iPhones will probably take it. 

It's exactly not a good way to get an idea for how long a phone will last.

Gsmarena.com has by far THE BEST formula for working out battery life for comparison.

They measure talk time, browsing time and video playing time. Then take it as if you are using your phone to talk for 1 hour, browse for 1 hour and watch a video for 1 hour every day. Then add standby time and they get what they call endurance rating. It's spot on pretty much all the time.

Spoiler

It's exactly not a good way to get an idea for how long a phone will last.

Gsmarena.com has by far THE BEST formula for working out battery life for comparison.

They measure talk time, browsing time and video playing time. Then take it as if you are using your phone to talk for 1 hour, browse for 1 hour and watch a video for 1 hour every day. Then add standby time and they get what they call endurance rating. It's spot on pretty much all the time.

The problem I have with most reviewers is this: 

The web browsing did improve, the LG G4 lasts 8 hours. That’s about an hour and a half improvement over the predecessor. Still, it’s not a great achievement, especially when you consider the screen brightness. We kept the brightness slider at 50%, which results in around 100nits. That’s just a fifth of the screen’s max brightness and less than most other phones in this test.

The video playback endurance turned out very good, if not quite as impressive - the iPhone 6s is capable of playing movies for more than 10 and a half hours, before its battery reaches the critical 10%. The test was done at 50% brightness (which is higher than the real 50% mark) and on the default Video app.

50% is wildly different between different between phones, especially AMOLED vs LCD where 200 nits would be the upper range for AMOLED and about the middle for LCDs. Even here, the G4's 50% is only 100 nits compared to the 6s' 250ish nits. 

this just seems like a way for apple to double dip with the same phone. release it once full price then later on release it again with a new body at a still expensive price but cheaper then the normal i phone. clever business strategy, ethically?? not so much.

5C uses the A6, 5s uses the A7.

right, forgot the A8 was in the 6

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*