Poll: What is the most impressive piece of tech you've seen this year?

VAkena

As we're rounding out the year of '4K' or 2015 (take your pick), we've seen some impressive pieces of tech. The poll comprises of devices that have genuinely impressed the tech community, (no one outside the tech community really pays attention to these things).

The list I've made is completely subjective, but I think we can agree on most of them. If yours isn't on the list, leave a comment and tell us what it is. 

My GTX 260, thing blew me away for how old it is and still kicks some butt. All the new stuff like Skylake was a joke to be honest.

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Why isn't the R9 Fury Nano on the list

That is one I did like :P +1 for me.

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

None of the above?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Why isn't the R9 Fury Nano on the list

It's subjective, to me it didn't matter much..

Definitely the desktop class GPUs in laptops.

Looking forward to see greater efficiency gains where this becomes more common place. 

All of the above are more or less expensive gadgets and i dont really take interest in them.

I think monitor tech could be on first place.

The most impressive are indeed scientific discoveries and tech discoveries.

Quick google makes your jaw drop

http://news.discovery.com/space

http://www.ranker.com/list/greatest-scientific-breakthroughs-of-2015/amylindorff

Is the blackberry priv worth it? Haven't seen any reviews yet.

I just got one two days ago. It's a bit big, but I like it.

But I have to say, I loved the HTC Desire Z (last decet android smartphone with a keyboard) and typing on a physical keyboard feel better to me than on super hard groilla glas.

Although I have to admitt if you skipp the keyboard you can have the same performance for less money or more performance for the same price.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

That holo lease thing at e3 with mine craft playing on the table

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

Wheres the R9 300 series?

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

i think the most impressive thing i've seen this year might be one of those tiny 8K screens they showed off. that definitely made me think, i remember being impresed with the color screen on a old Nokia phone. or maybe AMD's HBM on their Fury cards.

all in all it's a pretty exciting time for GPU's!

The "most important" I think should go to Crimson, even though it's software. AMD/ATI was long overdue for an overhaul of their driver system.

The Microsoft's HoloLens. The rest isn't impressive to me. It's mostly "more of the same, just better".

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

For me it's the Fury X. What a card, especially with the newest drivers.

Yeah, ita very impressive they could push gcn that much, it is after all older than kepler.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

What about 14nm chips?

Thays quite a feat to pull off.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Literally none of those things spiked my interest.

Surprised you even put the macbook up there rofl, that thing was a colossal failure in the tech world xD

Anyway, the most impressive piece of tech I've taken notice to this year was the integrated water cooled cpu that Georgia Institute of Tech developed.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||