How the heck do I make Chrome's downloads faster?

Title says it all. Is there an extension I can get to make it faster, or an app? Anything I can do?

Upgrade your internet? Im assuming your talking about simply downloading files and stuff right?

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

it's all about your download and upload speeds.

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

Move to north europe, Canada, or anywhere with mad internet speed XDDDDDD

Leave a like if you breathed oxygen today

Upgrade your internet? Im assuming your talking about simply downloading files and stuff right?

I just want to download files from Nexus mods at a quicker speed. Steam/Origin downloads MUCH faster than Chrome does, and all my friends have the same problem. But I also use Telstra so that could be the problem.

I just want to download files from Nexus mods at a quicker speed. Steam/Origin downloads MUCH faster than Chrome does, and all my friends have the same problem. But I also use Telstra so that could be the problem.

I cant quite help you there because frankly Ive no clue what Telstra is :(

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Paint yourself green and throw forks at it.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Sometimes the website limits your download speed, like how some websites are like FREE DOWNLOAD or PAY GOLD FOR FAST SPEEDS.

PAY GOLD would usually mean they wouldn't have a download limit

FREE DOWNLOAD would usually mean they would have a download limit.

I'm color blind :( In my case will any color work?

Sure. 

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I cant quite help you there because frankly Ive no clue what Telstra is :(

Telstra is basically Australia's Comcast or TimeWarner

The problem could be Nexus, or whatever website you're downloading from. You're downloading from their servers after all, so they might be slow. Steam and Origin have really fast servers that rarely get bogged down, so of course you'd see fast downloads from them. 

I get super slow downloads from Nexus, actually. Like 1MB/sec. On Origin I've gotten around 47MB/s. like once. But I did! 

I used to be quite active here.

yeah AUS Speeds suck unless you fork out cash and the Nexus mods site just has slow speeds, not much you can do. 

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

Download speeds are not dependent on what application you download with. The server you are downloading from, your internet speed, and (possibly) your ISP throttling certain connections are all the biggest factors. There is no plugin or extension you can use because chrome already downloads as fast as it can.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

>implying canada has fast internet.

No way man. We have third world garbage tier internet. The US is better then us.

OP Nexus mods requires you to donate for full speeds. Gotta keep the site running someone.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Pray to the server Gods. Maybe, just maybe, they'll give you the luck of downloading when almost no one else is on the same server. :P

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

the download and upload speeds are not determined by google chrome

they are determined by your internet connection that you pay for and by the servers that you download/upload from

>implying canada has fast internet.

No way man. We have third world garbage tier internet. The US is better then us.

OP Nexus mods requires you to donate for full speeds. Gotta keep the site running someone.

well here in vancouver there are several gigabit providers...

they just arent available in all areas and its not as cheap as google fiber

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Title says it all. Is there an extension I can get to make it faster, or an app? Anything I can do?

Your download speeds won't sadly become better by simply using an extension or anything like that.

They are dependent on you own connection, what you are trying to connect to, and whatever your ISP is limiting you to.

For instance, if you have a great ISP, you get high up-/download speeds, and is consistently performing. Then if you are downloading something at a slow speed, then it is very likely that whatever site you are downloading from is the limiting factor.

Have you ever been to Canada? We have pretty bad internet.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |