Trouble with SLI 780s and Surround

Giac

Ok so where do I start...I've tried 314.22(modded),320.18,320.49, and all the 326 series and I keep stuttering in games. In BF3 the gpus max out, but I still get stuttering despite the high fps. CS:GO the fps drops when there's smoke (wut), Crysis 1 lags an insane amount, even in the menu.

When I run any of these games on a single monitor I don't get stuttering...however I think I may have a problem with one of my cards (screen turning green for 1 frame, random shadow glitches..). I ran 3DMark 11 on a loop to see if I get artifacts, and see what the usage was like. I didn't see any visual bugs, but it did stutter, even with fps above 30.

jwfnyRD.png

This is the usage for 3DMark 11 with all the settings maxed to tax the gpus as much as possible. does this mean there's something wrong with my second card? I never had this problem until recently, and before 3DMark would max out both cards.

Is anyone with SLI780/Titan experiencing similar issues? are you using surround? Not sure whether its just me or I have a bad card. 

EDIT: No OC on the gpus btw.

3x Dell U2412M |Silverstone FT03 | Maximus V Gene | 3770K @ 4.5Ghz 1.2V | SLI GTX780 | Mushkin Ridgeback 8GB 1600 CL7 | Corsair AX760

Does the adaptive vsync stuff help.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Does the adaptive vsync stuff help.

no

3x Dell U2412M |Silverstone FT03 | Maximus V Gene | 3770K @ 4.5Ghz 1.2V | SLI GTX780 | Mushkin Ridgeback 8GB 1600 CL7 | Corsair AX760

Try unplug the first GPU and use only the second one, see if is that the problem.

Intel3570k  at  4.5ghz 1.300v  Noctua NH-D14    Gigabyte Gtx 970 G1   AsrockZ77 Extreme 6/TB4     Corsair8Gb vengeance memory    120GB Corsair Force SSD     1TB WD black      NZXT Switch 810

I have sli titans in surround. I dont see stuttering. CS-GO should be at like 160-180fps no problem. I also dont see stutter in 3dmark 11. What was your 3dmark 11 graphics score ?? The only game i've seen that really stress the cards is crysis 3 maxed out in surround but even then its might bump down to 55 from 60 fps (I use adaptive vsync to keep temps down).

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

Got stuttering when I first launched my sli 780 with 1 sli bridge, put 1 more in and it disapeared, might be the same for you?

Harr, darr and a couple of....... plastic earings?

LTC Wallet: LMiWdifKAN546FjyRspfhmfBWidyRPeEUK

Got stuttering when I first launched my sli 780 with 1 sli bridge, put 1 more in and it disapeared, might be the same for you?

tried both sli slots, get the same stuttering. Might get another but I doubt it will make a difference. Running each gpu separately I get no problems. Some games work in SLI and some dont. Alan wake works fine, maxing out both cards. BF3 gets high fps but it stutters all the same. I get random texture flicker that only happens in surround, also at the beginning of each round of CS the screen flashes green or purple. Odd

Are you certain your mobo is totally up to date drivers and bios wise?

Updated bios before reinstalling windows. Bios settings are stock

vram usage?

but then again, if you're getting a green screen flicker, I would say bad card =\

<- (titan sli, 1080p x3 surround)

tried both sli slots, get the same stuttering. Might get another but I doubt it will make a difference. Running each gpu separately I get no problems. Some games work in SLI and some dont. Alan wake works fine, maxing out both cards. BF3 gets high fps but it stutters all the same. I get random texture flicker that only happens in surround, also at the beginning of each round of CS the screen flashes green or purple. Odd

hmm what I meant was, use 2 sli ribbons or a double bridge.

Harr, darr and a couple of....... plastic earings?

LTC Wallet: LMiWdifKAN546FjyRspfhmfBWidyRPeEUK

had a similar instance with motherboard RAM. all settings were AUTO and was told

to set parameters to manual (speed, timings and DRAM voltage) and flickers and

lagging went away. not using XMP profile, but to manually set the primary values in

the BIOS and leave the rest AUTO.

airdeano

No stuttering here, but i game at 2560x1440, not surround.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Could be two things.

1) A dud card, maybe two? Take it back to where you got it from if you can

2) Bad/Corrupt sectors on your Hard drive.

This is what happened to be about a year ago with Skyrim. I tried multiple things, including buying an SSD and a second 660ti. After reformatting my Hard drive, my stuttering issue went away and has been perfect since.

I would try this first to save you some time. Though if you do try this, Please do back your shit up if you haven't lol :D

Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula | AMD FX-8150 @ 4.6GHz | Corsair H100 w/ Noctua NF-F12s | Corsair Vengance CL9 1600Mhz 8GB | Nvidia GTX 660Ti Gigabte OC Edition in SLI (Base/Boost: 1032/1111, Memory Clock: 6008MHz, Memory: 3GB) | Samsung 840 120GB | WD 2TB Green | Samsung SA950 @ 120Hz | Silverstone 750W 80+ Gold PSU (Fully Modular) | NZXT H440 (White) | Razer Naga 2012 + Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 | Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones | Blue Yeti USB Microphone Logitech Z523 Speakers 2.1 Stereo

Could be two things.

1) A dud card, maybe two? Take it back to where you got it from if you can

2) Bad/Corrupt sectors on your Hard drive.

This is what happened to be about a year ago with Skyrim. I tried multiple things, including buying an SSD and a second 660ti. After reformatting my Hard drive, my stuttering issue went away and has been perfect since.

I would try this first to save you some time. Though if you do try this, Please do back your shit up if you haven't lol :D

Also, Don't back up your games and put them back on your fresh HDD.

I know it sucks, but a clean install would increase your chance of success. It's what I did to be safe and ended up working out :D

Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula | AMD FX-8150 @ 4.6GHz | Corsair H100 w/ Noctua NF-F12s | Corsair Vengance CL9 1600Mhz 8GB | Nvidia GTX 660Ti Gigabte OC Edition in SLI (Base/Boost: 1032/1111, Memory Clock: 6008MHz, Memory: 3GB) | Samsung 840 120GB | WD 2TB Green | Samsung SA950 @ 120Hz | Silverstone 750W 80+ Gold PSU (Fully Modular) | NZXT H440 (White) | Razer Naga 2012 + Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 | Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones | Blue Yeti USB Microphone Logitech Z523 Speakers 2.1 Stereo