Have you guys ever "downgraded" on a electronic device from a high end product?

Profoundsoup

I went from an iPad 3 to a Nexus 10. Fucking worst tech decision I ever made. Same price. Shit screen. Shit battery life. No app support. No accessory support. Unstable as hell. Crashed/rebooted while doing actual work. Backlight bleeding everywhere on all five models I went through before I gave up. Shit product overall. And to top it all off, the back fucking goes in when you press it and makes a popping sound (On every model). Bought into the hype. 

Also HTC Incredible to HTC Rezound. The Rezound had the same instability the Nexus 10 had (frequent crashing/reboots upwards of twice a day) as well as 1-2hour battery life max in comparison to the amazing for the time Incredible. 

And I switched from an Alienware laptop to a Macbook Pro 13in. Downgrade in a sense that my macbook is nowhere near as good at gaming (upgrade everywhere else though). Didn't need it anymore once I stopped living on campus and went back to desktop gaming and the macbook is so light, and nice looking. 

The only reason I would ever "downgrade" from a higher end device to a lower end one, is because the higher end one died/I killed it and I need a replacement ASAP.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

My friend downgraded from a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to an iPhone 6+. 

I can't say I have, other than when I went from the Xbox original to the SNES. Super Mario World and Kirby Super Star are a blast. 

Nice lie because that is an UPGRADE sir, a big one at that :P Galaxy Scmalaxy ! (really though like what you want).....iphone 6+ :)

Just moved from z97x-soc to a z87-g45

I no longer have z97 led debug or buttons on the board but everything else is upgraded really.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I upgraded from a Quadro4 P150 to a Radeon 9100se with no drivers installed, I used that computer with generic display drivers for close to 6 months!

Galaxy Note 3 to iPhone 3G for a few months then got a Galaxy Note 5 as my daily driver. 

Nice lie because that is an UPGRADE sir, a big one at that :P Galaxy Scmalaxy ! (really though like what you want).....iphone 6+ :)

He openly regrets his purchase to this day. The iPhone can barely do half the things his favorite galaxy could. Even a downgrade in resolution. 

I used to be quite active here.

Yes i remember back in days i went from IPHONE 4S ( Sold for $140)  to Cheap $50 android phone so i can do my final year android project.

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w

I downgraded from Nokia 5130 XpressMusic to Galaxy Ace 2(galactic shit 2)

I still have Nokia 5130 XM :D

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w

I had a 970, sold it and upgraded to a 980 for $100 more, found a decent OC on it, sold it for $50 more and went back to a 970. Now I plan on going SLI.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Decided to try out a Galaxy Nexus from my iPhone 5. Used it for a week and decided it was too shitty. 

I went from using HDMI to using VGA for a month

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

I went from a nexus 7 2013 to a cheap crappy tab 4 7.0.  I only use it for watching videos and casting to my tv so the addition of ir blaster and and micro sd makes up for it being a totally slow piece of crap.  I also don't buy high end phones anymore. My zenfone 2 is good enough that I don't see the point in spending much more than that for a freaking phone.$600-700 for something to check reddit on while in the bathroom and occassionally make a phone call?  No thanks

I went to an Samsung S5 to a Motorola Moto X.

($700 for the Samsung, and $200 for a Moto X)

I couldn't be happier.

i7 930 to i5 3570k. Don't know about the actual performance difference but omg i7 to i5 peasant! 

Did you try turning it on and off first?

i broke my lg g2

to sony xperia 1st gen

broke again

samsung s3

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

No, the only time I have downgraded is in my hifi gear, when I have sold a new addition to the system which is modern and "up to date", to buy a previous generation flagship component with more features.

I've saved money by doing this and because the majority of the content I watch is only in stereo or AC3/DTS 5.1, I get far superior performance from the AV receiver I "downgraded" to, than from the modern HDMI 1.4/HD audio codec offerings.

I had a 27-inch 1440p display which i ripped out of a broken Dell AIO (which i bought for 250$, resold ram and hard drives) and I used it as main display.

Then 2 months in, it started having colour issues so I bought a 24-inch 1080p for 100$.

When my HD 5870 died I downgraded to a 8800GT and ran that for a year because it was still doing the job decently. :P

Nuh, I always try to improve what I have

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Downgrading in terms of product range isn't downgrading if something actually suits your requirements better.

Buying sensibly is the key thing in all situations

I had a HTC One M7 but sold it for $225 & bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0... Had it for 4 months then sold it for half of it's original price... Worst decision ever in my life... Now I have an HTC One M7 again

Going from a laptop with a 13.3" 3200x1800 touchscreen to one with a 15.6" 1920x1080 non-touch. No more display scaling!