College Roommates Wont do Anything!

P_20151209_003101_zpsltmgctf4.jpg

I am in a residence townhouse with 5 other guys. 1 of them is never here, so i wont count him, but the others are plain lazy. I purchased all the dishes/ glasses/ pots/ utensils from a yard sale. AKA I own 80% of them.

I do the dishes once a week, along with vacuuming the house, and clean the bathrooms(one of them I don't even use). Nobody else does anything.

To get back at them, i purchased a months worth of paper plates, and cleaned one pot for myself. I have not done anything since.

Its been 5 weeks, bathrooms are disgusting, all of the dishes are dirty. Garbage covering the counter, bins full.

One roommate complained to me, asking why I had stopped doing the dishes. I told him that I wanted us to all pitch in. He said I was being an asshole.

This weekend, I'm going to do all of the dishes, and then take them to my room for myself only.

Any suggestions for what i should do? This is really more of a rant than anything.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

Keep all dishes that are yours in your room, put a lock on your door as well if you dont have one already.

If they buy their own dishes and continue to not do anything, stack their dirty dishes in front of their door everyday, they will eventually catch on.

I am in a residence townhouse with 5 other guys. 1 of them is never here, so i wont count him, but the others are plain lazy. I purchased all the dishes/ glasses/ pots/ utensils from a yard sale. I do the dishes once a week, along with vacuuming the house, and clean the bathrooms(one of them I don't even use). Nobody else does anything.

To get back at them, i purchased a months worth of paper plates, and cleaned one pot for myself. I have not done anything since.

Its been 5 weeks, bathrooms are disgusting, all of the dishes are dirty. Garbage covering the counter, bins full.

One roommate complained to me, asking why I had stopped doing the dishes. I told him that I wanted us to all pitch in. He said I was being an asshole.

This weekend, I'm going to do all of the dishes, and then take them to my room for myself only.

Any suggestions for what i should do with my roommates? There is no option of moving out, and there is no option of switching them out.

If you've tried speaking to them and it isn't working and you've tried the I'm not doing it anymore and that didn't work, then the only option is to move out. Been there, done that! Renting my own flat now because fuck that stress I don't need it ever again.

PS. Women are worse. I live with 2...

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Uhhh tell them to take turns. I'm sure they would have to do something. I don't get how people can leave things like that and not care. You should just have one day with them dedicated to them and you cleaning it up. Then after tell them to do their own dishes and you do your own. Then take turns cleaning the bathrooms.  I also take it they don't hang around often ?

be spiteful and break enough stuff till only you can use it lol, or just talk to them again and if they dont co-op just do your shit and F them.

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

Keep all dishes that are yours in your room, put a lock on your door as well if you dont have one already.

If they buy their own dishes and continue to not do anything, stack their dirty dishes in front of their door everyday, they will eventually catch on.

I am in a residence townhouse with 5 other guys. 1 of them is never here, so i wont count him, but the others are plain lazy. I purchased all the dishes/ glasses/ pots/ utensils from a yard sale. I do the dishes once a week, along with vacuuming the house, and clean the bathrooms(one of them I don't even use). Nobody else does anything.

Any suggestions for what i should do with my roommates? There is no option of moving out, and there is no option of switching them out.

yes, good advice, stack all the dishes in front of their room, separate your dishes from theirs, and keep them in your room, also, throw dish soap at their door

Similar situation here. I bought myself the exact amount of things i needed to be sufficient and keep everything in my room. When I'm not there i lock my door.

My room is spotless and I always have what I need. 

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

If you've tried speaking to them and it isn't working and you've tried the I'm not doing it anymore and that didn't work, then the only option is to move out. Been there, done that! Renting my own flat now because fuck that stress I don't need it ever again.

The women that i have dealt with are only the extremes of both sides. They either want to do everything and dont' mind getting dirty, or get disgusted by everything, and don't do shite.

Similar situation here. I bought myself the exact amount of things i needed to be sufficient and keep everything in my room. When I'm not there i lock my door.

My room is spotless and I always have what I need. 

I wouldn't call my room spotless, but its definitely clean and organised.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

The women that i have dealt with are only the extremes of both sides. They either want to do everything and dont' mind getting dirty, or get disgusted by everything, and don't do shite.

I wouldn't call my room spotless, but its definitely clean and organised.

Then just be spiteful and do what you need to do for you, or see if they want to pay for someone to clean the place weekly or wtv.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

make a note

a big note.

been there, done that too.

you simply have to communicate

you just have to

they don't/won't listen? give up and move on.

college is supposed to be the most funnies and memorable moment of your life (just in case you never had one), and it's pretty short.

I works 2 part time job just be able to rent my own place when in college, live isn't fair.

What I did Is I would take all the dirty dish out of the sink, stack them nicely and put them on the living room table. I wasnt being an asshole, I needed space to do my own dishes in the sink.

A more extreme thing I think you should do. You own them? Just break a plate. Nudge it off the pile. Let it sit there. Roommate asks why is there broken porcelain or glass everywhere? Just tell him it looks like one of the plates fell off. Do this every so often. So it becomes an exponentially bigger inconvenience (having sharp shards all over the floor) than putting the dishes away. So play nice for now, then you start.

make a note

a big note.

been there, done that too.

you simply have to communicate

you just have to

they don't/won't listen? give up and move on.

college is supposed to be the most funnies and memorable moment of your life (just in case you never had one), and it's pretty short.

I works 2 part time job just be able to rent my own place when in college, live isn't fair.

My college sucks. Most people here are assholes. Lots of rich brats.

I never had any real friends up due to the small town. I got bullied massively as a kid. I'm now socially awkward because of that. Considered a massive nerd, but all I really want to do is atv / snowmobile / ski. (parents could not afford it, so I never did)

Decide college will be a fresh start. Go to my first real party. First thing that happens is that people comment on my lisp (broke jaw at very young age). Start making fun of me. Get 6+ people taunting and mimicking me. Nice...

Maybe they were just some assholes. Try a different party a month later. Nope same thing.

Have to constantly lie to my parents about my life, due to the fact that they think I just fake being bullied / teased. They also think that depression is not real.

Basically, youtube, Reddit, and some forums are my social life.

No, I'm not thinking about suicide, because i know i will have better days at some point. Its just getting there.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

My college sucks. Most people here are assholes. Lots of rich brats.

I never had any real friends up due to the small town. I got bullied massively as a kid. I'm now socially awkward because of that. Considered a massive nerd, but all I really want to do is atv / snowmobile / ski. (parents could not afford it, so I never did)

Decide college will be a fresh start. Go to my first real party. First thing that happens is that people comment on my lisp (broke jaw at very young age). Start making fun of me. Get 6+ people taunting and mimicking me. Nice...

Maybe they were just some assholes. Try a different party a month later. Nope same thing.

Have to constantly lie to my parents about my life, due to the fact that they think I just fake being bullied / teased. They also think that depression is not real.

Basically, youtube, Reddit, and some forums are my social life.

No, I'm not thinking about suicide, because i know i will have better days at some point. Its just getting there.

Fuck it, fuck them.  You are there to get a piece of paper.  Get it, and get the fuck out.

While you are there, gain some strength/muscle/speed in your free time.   

Go to my first real party. First thing that happens is that people comment on my lisp (broke jaw at very young age). Start making fun of me. Get 6+ people taunting and mimicking me. Nice...

You have to remember people at those parties are drunk and probs high on something so there is no thought process before they say the things they say. The best thing to do is laugh with them and go along with it, it won't go away and you will be known for it but at least you will be accepted. You said your socially awkward have you ever been drunk? I know in the US the drinking age is 21 that's why i ask. Maybe you should try drinking a few before or at the party to loosen up a bit just remember not to do it all the time and don't make it a habit this is a great way to become an alcoholic so just keep that in mind, it's not going to fix your problems even though it feels like it at the time.

That photo you posted is disgusting! I'd straight up move, fuck that bro just get out of there.

Man, I feel for you. 

Would offer to share accommodation, you seem like a rare type of person! haha, but really.

I ended up finding a group of older people who where sharing a house, so luckily I have managed to find a decent group. Personally I'd search for a new place do as little as possible for them in the meanwhile. Is there any post grad student accommodation near you?  

Just saw thats not an option in a quoted post there. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

since when is a moment multiple years long?

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.

Lol I actually have to clean all my dishes by hand. :P My mom would also disagree with that she's a clean freak lol

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

P_20151209_003101_zpsltmgctf4.jpg

I am in a residence townhouse with 5 other guys. 1 of them is never here, so i wont count him, but the others are plain lazy. I purchased all the dishes/ glasses/ pots/ utensils from a yard sale. AKA I own 80% of them.

I do the dishes once a week, along with vacuuming the house, and clean the bathrooms(one of them I don't even use). Nobody else does anything.

Any suggestions for what i should do? This is really more of a rant than anything.

Try drugging them while they're asleep and tying them to a chair. DON'T let them go until they plead guilty and promise to clean them for the rest of their lives or you'll choke them with a pillow. Or ask politely. Either way works. ;)

I read somewhere that you can pout plates with unfinished food that they haven't cleaned off (like they should) under their bed or in their closet, and boom. smell done. Just take them out before they find it. :P

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

If they don't respect your stuff, do not allow them to use your stuff. Simple as that.

Also, don't be their bitch. Tell them straight up that it's garbage and they need to man up and take care of themselves since you're not their goddamn maid.

If they continue to be dirty whores afterwards, move out.

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.6ghz | GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 980 Ti | Mobo: ASUS Z87-Pro | Memory: 16gigs HyperX FuryX | Cooling: Xigmatek SD1483 Frostbourne 

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 | PSU: EVGA 750W Gold+ modular | Storage: 128g adata SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD | Monitor: ASUS PA238QR

Really comes down to the person...I'm basically in the same position as this guy...and can't move out for the year... also long haired balding guy in my place...hair everywhere i vaccumed yesterday and FILLED the whole bag just with hair from the bathroom ...our bathroom is like 3x10 foot... total

Interesting how many people this happens to really. I HATE not having things clean, but other people are perfectly fine with wearing the same clothes for a week, having a sink full of moldy dishes, or mounds of trash on their tables and floors. 

One thing that has always bugged me is that some people find it okay to leave pots of oatmeal or other things that will turn nasty on the stove for days then decide to randomly eat them...

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

Really comes down to the person...I'm basically in the same position as this guy...and can't move out for the year... also long haired balding guy in my place...hair everywhere i vaccumed yesterday and FILLED the whole bag just with hair from the bathroom ...our bathroom is like 3x10 foot... total

Interesting how many people this happens to really. I HATE not having things clean, but other people are perfectly fine with wearing the same clothes for a week, having a sink full of moldy dishes, or mounds of trash on their tables and floors. 

One thing that has always bugged me is that some people find it okay to leave pots of oatmeal or other things that will turn nasty on the stove for days then decide to randomly eat them...

I wear my clothes for a week... I keep decently clean if that helps? As to the op, try switching rooms?

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Just take care of yourself and your own stuff

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers