Low image quality on newer GPUs

Demiqas

I wonder if anyone who works for linus tech tips ever reads these forums.

They do time to time though......, but they can't sit here and read a lot, they have video's to make and such projects to do....

Just too busy.

But you see them....occasionally, and everyone loses their shit :P In a good way.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

OK it seems that this thing is either electrical or virus related. I want to talk more about the virus possibility. Here are some of my thoughts and observations. Pay attention, because there are some ridiculous crazy sounding possibilities, but since we have not found a different answer I find no harm in discussing it.

If this is some kind of virus, it seems to spread to all electronics that can store information that are all on the same internet network. See, this problem started for me in the last place I lived and when I moved it followed me.  This means that it was stored on my computer and when I brought the computer to my new house the virus spread to all the monitors or tvs that my computer was hooked up to, but what about the tv that shows the problem that my computer never had physical contact with? What about my laptop that my pc never came into contact with?

Possibly when I plugged my pc into the modem the virus took the modem and then spread to the other devices through the network. The tv that was never hooked up to my computer is a smart tv, but I have never connected it to the internet. I never connected the ps4 and brand new tv I experimented with to the internet. For something to connect to a modem wirelessly there is a modem password that needs to be entered into that device in order to access the internet. This means that in order for this to be a virus the wireless signal would have to force itself onto the device without the owner giving permission by entering the password.

I have talked to people who are way more tech savvy than I am and some of them said that this is possible. One of them made the observation that if this were a virus that whoever made was very good at it, considering it seems to be able to infect all windows versions, mac os, Linux, and whatever os playstation uses. This person would also have had to want to ruin people's days awful bad, considering the work that had to go into it.

I met a guy at a party who was very interested in what I had to say about this issue. He works for a company that uses a lot of digital drafting software and pays a lot of money for network security IT guys. He suggested that I put all my drivers into a zip file and email it to him at his work, the idea being that if there were some kind of easily spread virus and it infected his workplace then their security team would be able to find it. I actually thought about doing it but I'm not going to in case there really is some virus and I don't want to get sued or something like that.

P.S. Yes I know all of this sounds very far fetched, but as long as we're taking shots in the dark.....

Electrical or virus related? This is getting a bit silly now. No wonder Nvidia hid the thread. There are tons of aliasing in 3d graphics. That's normal. It's up to developers to implement the right AA techniques to combat the types of aliasing prominent in their games. Take Star Wars Battlefront as an example. They recently moved Frostbite (game engine) to PBR (physics based rendering/shading) and they said it causes more shader aliasing. So they implemented their own form of TAA.  CDPR also came up with their own form of AA with a temporal filter in The Witcher 3. And these AA solutions are much better than traditional AA solutions. So there's very little to non aliasing in those games. 

But not every developer has the resources/time/will to do so. GTA V and MGSV are games that have a ton of aliasing cause the AA techniques included in the game can not remove them. 

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

Check out the youtube link that Silverhawk posted on page 21 of this thread.  The people commenting are having the exact same issue and the oldest comment is from 2 years ago!  This proves that nobody has ever been able to solve this.  We need more help.  I encourage anyone who knows somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody who works in the tech industry to try and get them involved. Some insight from professional electricians couldn't hurt either. Anyone who could solve this or even pinpoint the cause would be considered a hero in my book.  I wonder if anyone who works for linus tech tips ever reads these forums.

I went back and had a look at that video (ran it full screen 720p60fps on a 1080 display) and made several observations. 

1. The game is running at 1366 x 768 - this is a very low resolution by today's standards.

2. I didn't see any AA (anti-aliasing) filtering options in the graphics menu - I have very little experience with this game on PC, don't recall if there eve was any AA options available for it. Can someone please confirm? 

3. I saw the "flickering"/distorted image in the distance, but to me, that is a normal phenomenon you would expect as a result of the combination of the two factors listed above; low resolution and with (I'm assuming) no AA filtering while trying to render an image full of fine detail at some distance away. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I went back and had a look at that video (ran it full screen 720p60fps on a 1080 display) and made several observations. 

1. The game is running at 1366 x 768 - this is a very low resolution by today's standards.

2. I didn't see any AA (anti-aliasing) filtering options in the graphics menu - I have very little experience with this game on PC, don't recall if there eve was any AA options available for it. Can someone please confirm? 

3. I saw the "flickering"/distorted image in the distance, but to me, that is a normal phenomenon you would expect as a result of the combination of the two factors listed above; low resolution and with (I'm assuming) no AA filtering while trying to render an image full of fine detail at some distance away. 

If only people knew what they were talking about, not you but the people you are talking to.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Electrical or virus related? This is getting a bit silly now. No wonder Nvidia hid the thread. There are tons of aliasing in 3d graphics. That's normal. It's up to developers to implement the right AA techniques to combat the types of aliasing prominent in their games. Take Star Wars Battlefront as an example. They recently moved Frostbite (game engine) to PBR (physics based rendering/shading) and they said it causes more shader aliasing. So they implemented their own form of TAA.  CDPR also came up with their own form of AA with a temporal filter in The Witcher 3. And these AA solutions are much better than traditional AA solutions. So there's very little to non aliasing in those games. 

But not every developer has the resources/time/will to do so. GTA V and MGSV are games that have a ton of aliasing cause the AA techniques included in the game can not remove them. 

Yep. Agree with this 100%.

Speaking of GTA 5, I played a little last night just to specifically look at the AA in the distance. At 1080p very high settings with MSAA x4, FXAA on and TXAA on, everything looks surprisingly good and sharp. Will post up some footage tonight. Very little aliasing on distant objects, but still a little more so than most modern games. There's just so much detail in the image being rendered in games like this - especially horizontal and vertical lines (traffic lights, buildings, etc.) - which is usually where you will see a ton of aliasing, and there's only so many pixels available to display these lines/objects.  

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

If only people knew what they were talking about, not you but the people you are talking to.

Well, I don't claim to be an expert on any of this. Just trying to trying to give them (the people experiencing these "issues") the benefit of the doubt and be as objective as possible. I'm just not seeing what they're seeing as anything but normal - considering the combination of resolution, game settings and game engine limitations. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

Yep. Agree with this 100%.

Speaking of GTA 5, I played a little last night just to specifically look at the AA in the distance. At 1080p very high settings with MSAA x4, FXAA on and TXAA on, everything looks surprisingly good and sharp. Will post up some footage tonight. Very little aliasing on distant objects, but still a little more so than most modern games. There's just so much detail in the image being rendered in games like this - especially horizontal and vertical lines (traffic lights, buildings, etc.) - which is usually where you will see a ton of aliasing, and there's only so many pixels available to display these lines/objects.  

Yeah, these games that have to render real world buildings in great detail, and a lot of small objects, so I guess it'd be pretty hard to achieve the same result as TW3 and SW:B3 even with custom AA. According to this post from HardOCP, some aliasing can't be removed until 8xMSAA in GTA V, which is really expensive. And since MSAA doesn't solve all types of aliasing, you'd need other AA techniques in addition to 8xMSAA, which is just insane performance wise. I think they should have gone with some less expensive form of TAA that addresses all or most aliasing. I'm pretty sure they could have come up with a decent solution, but GTA V and MGSV are console games, ported to PC, so it's not surprising they didn't bother.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

Yeah, these games that have to render real world buildings in great detail, and a lot of small objects, so I guess it'd be pretty hard to achieve the same result as TW3 and SW:B3 even with custom AA. According to this post from HardOCP, some aliasing can't be removed until 8xMSAA in GTA V, which is really expensive. And since MSAA doesn't solve all types of aliasing, you'd need other AA techniques in addition to 8xMSAA, which is just insane performance wise. I think they should have gone with some less expensive form of TAA that addresses all or most aliasing. I'm pretty sure they could have come up with a decent solution, but GTA V and MGSV are console games, ported to PC, so it's not surprising they didn't bother.

People still dont get it.. Its not about the normal aliasing.I guess everybody know about that. Textures flicker while moving, the whole screen is unsettled, i compared it with a friends pc, same game, thats not how any game should look like, nobody would play any video games otherwise :D so i said it before and only can repeat it, if you dont think this problem exists just dont read in this thread anymore and let us (the people who got this shit and the people who want to help) try to figure it out, if there is any solution. ty

Jesus how i'd wish i had enough money to pay the trip to all the skeptical people who still discard our problem as real to come here and check it out with their own eyes...

No matter how many times you tell them you had it appear from one day to another, how many times you say you checked friends pc with same specs and they don't have it, they still won't believe you... *sigh*.

Jesus how i'd wish i had enough money to pay the trip to all the skeptic people who still discard our problem as real to come here and check it out with their own eyes...

No matter how many times you tell them you had it appear from one day to another, how many times you say you checked frinds pc with same specs and they don't have it, they still won't believe you... *sigh*.

We are not NVIDIA or AMD, so why would it even matter to us?

I had a 7770 before my 580 and there is not a single difference besides performance being like quadruple faster on the GTX.

OK if the amount of aliasing in games is normal I would gladly accept that. But I'm not just talking about newer games. Take Skyrim for example, a game that has been out for a long time and that I have been playing for years. What is normal about the way a game looks changing over night, with texture pop in, drastically reduced render distance, and the complete disappearance of aa from things such as shadows? The fact that games that didn't used to look like this and now suddenly do seems to be ignored by skeptics.

When I encouraged people to check out the youtube link I meant to read the comments, with so many people saying that all of their games suddenly look like this, regardless of whether they are old or new. GTA is a bad example to use, because the game DOES, as far as I'm concerned have a lot of aliasing issues, it is fairly new, and I really don't play it.

When you purposely choose to ignore the fact that so many people swear that their games didn't used to look like this you are writing off too many long time gamers as simply not knowing what they're talking about.

If some industry standard changed that makes newer games look like this, I would like to know what it is, and why it is affecting old games that previously did not look like this.

All help and suggestions are appreciated but explaining what aa is and what aliasing is and that some aliasing is normal is unnecessary because we all already know that.

People still dont get it.. Its not about the normal aliasing.I guess everybody know about that. Textures flicker while moving, the whole screen is unsettled, i compared it with a friends pc, same game, thats not how any game should look like, nobody would play any video games otherwise :D so i said it before and only can repeat it, if you dont think this problem exists just dont read in this thread anymore and let us (the people who got this shit and the people who want to help) try to figure it out, if there is any solution. ty

Jesus how i'd wish i had enough money to pay the trip to all the skeptical people who still discard our problem as real to come here and check it out with their own eyes...

No matter how many times you tell them you had it appear from one day to another, how many times you say you checked friends pc with same specs and they don't have it, they still won't believe you... *sigh*.

Not saying I don't believe you. Even though I'm not experiencing the problem, there are enough people talking about it that it very well could be a legitimate issue. If it is, I'd like to help try and find a solution. The problem is I haven't yet seen a clear example of what exactly the problem is such that it cannot be explained or is not simply a result of the combination of resolution, graphics settings and engine limitations. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

OK if the amount of aliasing in games is normal I would gladly accept that. But I'm not just talking about newer games. Take Skyrim for example, a game that has been out for a long time and that I have been playing for years. What is normal about the way a game looks changing over night, with texture pop in, drastically reduced render distance, and the complete disappearance of aa from things such as shadows? The fact that games that didn't used to look like this and now suddenly do seems to be ignored by skeptics.

When I encouraged people to check out the youtube link I meant to read the comments, with so many people saying that all of their games suddenly look like this, regardless of whether they are old or new. GTA is a bad example to use, because the game DOES, as far as I'm concerned have a lot of aliasing issues, it is fairly new, and I really don't play it.

When you purposely choose to ignore the fact that so many people swear that their games didn't used to look like this you are writing off too many long time gamers as simply not knowing what they're talking about.

If some industry standard changed that makes newer games look like this, I would like to know what it is, and why it is affecting old games that previously did not look like this.

All help and suggestions are appreciated but explaining what aa is and what aliasing is and that some aliasing is normal is unnecessary because we all already know that.

It's not that I don't believe you or that I don't see it. I do see it, but I'm telling you it's normal. Most people just don't notice it. You noticed these issues at some point and since then everywhere you look you see pop in and aliasing and you can't unsee them. There's reality, and then there's how we perceive reality. I'm sure you believe these issues suddenly occurred, but I'm pretty sure they in fact didn't, since they occur on a wide variety of hardware and systems. 

Not meaning to tear apart your post, just pointing out a few things. 

Skyrim has always had bad shadow aliasing which is very difficult to fix, even with mods (I've tried). 

Also, I'm not saying you are wrong or that you are not experiencing the issues you are seeing, as well as others. However, I would like to make the point that the "power of suggestion" is a real thing and can have drastic effects on people such that they really believe what they are seeing/experiencing to be real even when it is not. Now, again, I'm not saying what you and all these other people have been experiencing is not real - I want to make that clear. 

What I am saying, that might be a possibility (maybe for some, but not all), is that some of these anomalies or issues may have always been there but just not pointed out or noticed by all. Things can be "there" and not noticed until you are made aware. Sometimes such things, once noticed, can then not be "unseen" or even become a distraction to some. All I'm saying is; it is possible this is all that some people are experiencing. Being made aware of something they had not noticed or paid attention to before, combined with the power of suggestion to "exacerbate" the "thing" into something they would now consider to be a legitimate issue or problem when in actuality it has always been there and is "normal". Do you follow? 

Again, I am not saying that you and everyone experiencing these issues all fall into that category or that that explains away this whole situation. I'm saying it's possible *some* of the people who are claiming to be experiencing these issues very well might fall into that category.

Now, from what you're telling us is that the visual quality of the game "changed" or "degraded" from one day to the next, without any changes to the hardware or software, correct? If the image has changed as drastically as you claim, then what we (the skeptics) need to see is two videos/examples for side by side comparison that meets the following criteria to accept this claim as plausible;

-Same resolution (preferably recorded and uploaded at 1080p60fps). 

-Recorded using the same software (one that is very good at capturing and retaining visual quality (ie: shadowplay)).

-Same or very similar hardware (at the very least, the same CPU family and GPU combo) running the same OS and drivers.

-Same game with identical graphics settings exactly and showing the same portion/location of gameplay within the game (same scene).

-Commentary and or description of what, specifically, we are to be looking at in terms of pointing out where the differences/degradation has manifested in the image quality.

I have a wide range of games on my system and would gladly upload footage using specific settings for comparison. If someone else here has similar system specs to mine (at least the same GPU (980) and CPU family (i5/I7)) and is experiencing the graphical issues in question, let's run some games at the same settings, upload the footage and compare. ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

It's not that I don't believe you or that I don't see it. I do see it, but I'm telling you it's normal. Most people just don't notice it. You noticed these issues at some point and since then everywhere you look you see pop in and aliasing and you can't unsee them. There's reality, and then there's how we perceive reality. I'm sure you believe these issues suddenly occurred, but I'm pretty sure they in fact didn't, since they occur on a wide variety of hardware and systems. 

For the last time: The whole screen is unsettled nearly everything flickers while moving. (transparent objects more than others) I had my pc with the same game, same options, same resolution, everything beside my friends pc. At his pc: normal aliasing. At my pc: everything flickers. 

I wish people who think its normal will get the problem some day, would like to see their faces..

Just seems like a thread for shitposting about how bad your game looks lol.

Not meaning to tear apart your post, just pointing out a few things. 

Skyrim has always had bad shadow aliasing which is very difficult to fix, even with mods (I've tried). 

Also, I'm not saying you are wrong or that you are not experiencing the issues you are seeing, as well as others. However, I would like to make the point that the "power of suggestion" is a real thing and can have drastic effects on people such that they really believe what they are seeing/experiencing to be real even when it is not. Now, again, I'm not saying what you and all these other people have been experiencing is not real - I want to make that clear. 

What I am saying, that might be a possibility (maybe for some, but not all), is that some of these anomalies or issues may have always been there but just not pointed out or noticed by all. Things can be "there" and not noticed until you are made aware. Sometimes such things, once noticed, can then not be "unseen" or even become a distraction to some. All I'm saying is; it is possible this is all that some people are experiencing. Being made aware of something they had not noticed or paid attention to before, combined with the power of suggestion to "exacerbate" the "thing" into something they would now consider to be a legitimate issue or problem when in actuality it has always been there and is "normal". Do you follow? 

Again, I am not saying that you and everyone experiencing these issues all fall into that category or that that explains away this whole situation. I'm saying it's possible *some* of the people who are claiming to be experiencing these issues very well might fall into that category.

Now, from what you're telling us is that the visual quality of the game "changed" or "degraded" from one day to the next, without any changes to the hardware or software, correct? If the image has changed as drastically as you claim, then what we (the skeptics) need to see is two videos/examples for side by side comparison that meets the following criteria to accept this claim as plausible;

-Same resolution (preferably recorded and uploaded at 1080p60fps). 

-Recorded using the same software (one that is very good at capturing and retaining visual quality (ie: shadowplay)).

-Same or very similar hardware (at the very least, the same CPU family and GPU combo) running the same OS and drivers.

-Same game with identical graphics settings exactly and showing the same portion/location of gameplay within the game (same scene).

-Commentary and or description of what, specifically, we are to be looking at in terms of pointing out where the differences/degradation has manifested in the image quality.

I have a wide range of games on my system and would gladly upload footage using specific settings for comparison. If someone else here has similar system specs to mine (at least the same GPU (980) and CPU family (i5/I7)) and is experiencing the graphical issues in question, let's run some games at the same settings, upload the footage and compare. ;)

You would need to capture it with a high quality camera filming your monitor. I dont have one, maybe someone got one and can do this.

Just seems like a thread for shitposting about how bad your game looks lol.

Well if you think that maybe just dont read it and stop annoying people who try to fix it lol.

Hello everyone ! 
First of all i want to say that i partially agree with what user like Mec and MageTank said some post ago , i think some of the anomalies (i'm here because of these 'issue' too) we see in various games are really 'Normal' and Engine dependant , and there's no fix at all than forcing/injecting some AA (through NVCP or NvidiaInspector or SweetFX/Reshade , and there's one of my problem , except sweetfx , nvcp and nvidiainspector seems to not work anymore) and we see these issue because of high expectations of buying an 'high end' card like the GTX 970 or the GTX 980 , R9 390 etc and we all (well not all but most of the pc gamers) have a 1080p monitor right now , BUT , at the same time i agree with some people that are saying there is a real downgrade in image quality or something like a downgrade with the api (only the direct-x) . 

Oh and btw , i also think that the 'Magnetic Viruses' or 'Bad Electricity' is a bullshit .
And regard the fact that for some user happens even on the Tv well i think it's a placebo effect , Tv shows a pre rendered programs not a real time render , so the 'lines' you see it's eventually the video not so 'full hd' as they say (in my country the sat tv don't even go up 1080i and many show are 720p upscaled to 1080i , quality loss or pixel effect happens when you do that), as for the console , well , they don't have AA for the most so it's not really a scandal to see jagged lines everywhere. (especially on the old console , when i was playing Gears of War 3 , on a 720p TV LCD 37" was amazing , when i've buyed a new 1080p Led Tv 40" was a shit of jagged lines and pixel)

The Story so far.

I've buyed a GTX 970 in October 2015 (Gigabyte G1 Gaming with ELPIDA memory not Hynix so sad about that) , the rest of my rig is an I5 - 3570 no K cpu (stock Cooler) on an Asrock Z77 Pro4 , 8 Gb (4x2) DDR3 Kingston Savage 1600mhz Cl9 , Ssd Samsung Evo850 120gb , hdd western digital caviar blue 1tb all powered by a Corsair CS750M psu, the monitor is a 1080p@60Hz AOC 2460Sh 1ms.

Played with that 'little' beast on Assassin's Creed Syndicate (they give me the free key with the gpu) with no problem at all for a month.
Then suddendly when i was playing one day in November , AC have started to make some artifact , like flashing grey triangles in various position of my monitor , even on the pause screen , (the temp was fine , 60 °c at max peek , i made no soft oc and was playing with almost maximum settings excepts for the texture (high instead of ultra) the shadow  (high and not pcss or pcss ultra) and the AA (i was running it with 2xMSAA + FXAA ) and except for the 100% Cpu usage (65°C Max Peek shitty engine) most of the times the game was running smooth and with a good image quality. 

So i've rebooted the game and still, there was some artifacting, and now before shutting the game , it crashed with a grey screen and take me to the desktop , so i make a new driver installation at first (uninstalled the driver with DDU and reinstalled the same driver) and boom no more arctifacting , but instead the shadow begins to flicker/shimmer and all of my texture that have some kind of reflections shimmer like crazy (like the metal fence of buckingham palace) , like a whole shader or aliasing form is missing now and no matter if i set the max aliasing or the worst , nothing happens and the texture pop in increased very bad , some of the building have started to make some fade effect from black to the complete texture at few foot from the characters.

So i've started to thinking there was something wrong with my card like some memory defective and for making sure of that i've streessed the card with some benchmark like Heaven , and made a soft OC , without unlocking voltage, i've setted +100 on core clock and +250 on memory clock , so if something was defective it probably give me an error or some arctifact , well it give me nothing but now i notice the damned shimmering on Heaven benchmark too , and i'm ok with the fact that some eye candy effect won't work good but i litterally see a source of white light on every metal / reflection surface.

And to the conclusion well i've started to have the same issue in almost EVERY game i've played , with every engine , it seems that the aliasing in some object won't work and the forcing method for inject through nvidia inspector or nvcp won't have any effect whatever i set.

My question is , is this really normal? or my card is defective? Are my mind blowing for something that is normal (the distortion/shimmer on every metal/reflection texture and texture fade pop in on all games) that i did not notice before but the artifacting scared me so much that after then i see everything as an 'issue' ?

I already tried:
Clean Windows installation (win 7 or win 8.1 doesn't make a change)
Rollback driver (344.76 > Latest i've tried almost every driver to see if nvcp work but no luck)
Installing the games in another drive (tried the game in the ssd but nothing change for the texture pop in fade effect)

What i notice:
OpenGL game works fine , no shimmer , normal aliasing , i've tested Rage and except for the texture streaming issue (engine problem) it works very cool and smooth.

The things of texture pop in / fade seems to increase from week by week (i was playing Lords of the Fallen , shitty optimization i know, but the lod factor even forcing on the ini file won't work and after 3week of playing, now the texture pop/swap to complete texture even at two foot from me)

The other thing of shimmering on metal surface texture happens in every game (except the openGl) and i think it's the most annoying thing of what i see , it makes some game like Alien Isolation (i know this have several issue with AA) awful to play.

Trying to make screenshot of 'how it look' is useless , because the shimmer happens only when moving or when the camera have the breathing effect so all the screenshots looks perfect.

Another thing i've noticed is that the DOF options in many game won't work anymore (shadow of mordor one of them)

Video:
I can post all the video you want , and i can upload them to mega with no problem if u want uncompressed video , but the videos i'm going to link have the issue very clear to see. (put it on 1080p@60 not auto please)

Alien Isolation : well , i think it speak by itself lol , and i assure you when you play this on the monitor make your eyes cry , it's very disturbing effect.
Alien Isolation : as above it speak by itself , i was trying to use dsr and well it work , less shimmer but bad fps at 4K dsr (well not so bad but dips all the way to 27 sometimes)

Shadow of Mordor: look on the right between the structure with some metal parts that are reflecting...well i don't know what they are reflecting , maybe the moon? 

Metal Gear Solid - Ground Zeroes: look for all the fence , the near and the far , the far is very very ugly , but here i don't know if this is an effect of the game itself or not

Actually i don't have AC Syndicate installed , but i can reinstall it and make some video of that too if you want.

Sorry for the long post , and eventually for bad english but it's not my first language. ;P

Well if you think that maybe just dont read it and stop annoying people who try to fix it lol.

Activision should hire me as an artist...

Before.

Grey drab lifeless graphics with no real emphasis on what the game actually is.

1426545-singularity_2010_07_05_22_37_37_

After, a game with visual mood and great art style, the visual depth and beauty is a sight to behold.

yhFOdG.pngUKxdB3.png53VODR.png0qSNDO.png1Uhr2d.pngpj9zzc.pngsdQ2MY.pngMTJ1Sp.png7rOVfX.pngKfsx4t.png

Let me just point out that making an image look better is not a simple process by just throw a shit tonne of AA at it either.

Wow, I feel bad for those affected.

I have ALL those games and have NONE of this crap in any of them. (Alien Iso is close, but thats just the game, and its not as bad as the above posters video up top)

I'm not saying it doesn't exist,...but that shimmer would drive me NUTS.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I have ALL those games and have NONE of this crap in any of them. (Alien Iso is close, but thats just the game, and its not as bad as the above posters video up top)

That's why some of "us" stopped playing games.I still hope we'll find someone who can solve the issue.

Ps:Thank you all for trying to help us find the solution.You are the best :)

here is the file from the Internet and my file.tell me if there is any difference.put antialiasing txaa

post-294602-0-79108400-1452015990_thumb.

post-294602-0-24569700-1452016240_thumb.

I see you have the same card as mine , can you confirm that in Alien Isolation my situation is worst than yours in shimmering? (yes the game itself have some problem with no native AA at all , they patched it with the msaa + tx but in my case it give no help for the shimmer).

A friends of mine is playing Alien isolation too on a 270x and telled me that he have the shimmer too but not that bad.

All i want to know in my case is if i have to return my card or not :P.

I see you have the same card as mine , can you confirm that in Alien Isolation my situation is worst than yours in shimmering? (yes the game itself have some problem with no native AA at all , they patched it with the msaa + tx but in my case it give no help for the shimmer).

A friends of mine is playing Alien isolation too on a 270x and telled me that he have the shimmer too but not that bad.

All i want to know in my case is if i have to return my card or not :P.

I have returned r9 280 oc 3gb windforce and got it back becouse they saw no issue.So on warranty there is no chace i think.