Parents won't let me buy GTA V.

refinedskillz

Your life must suck to be so restricted

I only go to bed at 9, jesus christ even on the bleeding holidays, if I ask for a minute or two more, she goes bonkers.

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.

Pirate it. i don't want to be a hypocrite and  say you shouldn't be playing a M rated game when you are 16 when everyone on this forum HAS played a game that's rated 18 when they were not. so no i won't say listen to your parents. Note : just becasue i say pirated it doesn't mean you should and not encouraging others to do so. if you do it. it's on your own consciousness. 

Done that, it's just that it doesn't run as well as it will on steam, plus no online, and thats kinda the whole reason i want it for.

I only go to bed at 9, jesus christ even on the bleeding holidays, if I ask for a minute or two more, she goes bonkers.

It's like 4am where I live and I haven't gone to bed yet. xD

TheGrim123321

CPU: I3-4170Cooler: Hyper TX3Mobo:Biostar B85MGMemory: G.Skill Ripjaw 2x4GBStorage: Barracuda 500GBGPU: Zotac GTX660Case: Fractal 1100PSU: Evga 500WMonitors: FHX2153L 21.5"│V193WEJb 19"Keyboard/Mouse: CMStorm DevastorAudio: MonoPrice 8323Microphone: BlueYeti BlackoutOS: MSX(Win10) Quote me or @TheGrim123321 to get my attention.

Say it's for a different game, Get money on your steam account. Buy it behind her back.

This was what i was going to do at first but then I accidentally told her I was going to buy it, turns out she doesn't care now :P

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Ok, I'll wade in a little deeper.  First, I don't think video games are the cause of the downfall of civilization.  BUT I do remember when my little brother started playing GTA when he was 15 or 16 (don't remember the version, it was a while ago, though).  He had a lot of fun, and spent a lot of time playing it.  But I also noticed that he was not the same kid he was before he started playing the game.  Maybe a little more jaded, a little more cynical and insensitive.  He would laugh at cruel jokes that he didn't laugh at before.  Maybe it was the game, maybe not.  

That may be a part of growing up, but if it were up to me, I would much rather have had him develop his attitude from REAL life experiences than a video game.  At least his attitude would have developed from real examples of what it is like to interact with normal people, not some game developers vision of a cold, callous, and threatening world.

So - did it cripple him behaviorally?  Probably not.  But it did seem to set him back and alienate him.  

Just my two cents.  You may be better at resisting such temptations, but then, some things cannot be unseen or unlearned.

- Pete

Plenty of people at my school that talk like chavs and smoke cigs/weed. It's normal to be honest. I don't hang around them. Im just on my phone all the time.

This was what i was going to do at first but then I accidentally told her I was going to buy it, turns out she doesn't care now :P

wut

TheGrim123321

CPU: I3-4170Cooler: Hyper TX3Mobo:Biostar B85MGMemory: G.Skill Ripjaw 2x4GBStorage: Barracuda 500GBGPU: Zotac GTX660Case: Fractal 1100PSU: Evga 500WMonitors: FHX2153L 21.5"│V193WEJb 19"Keyboard/Mouse: CMStorm DevastorAudio: MonoPrice 8323Microphone: BlueYeti BlackoutOS: MSX(Win10) Quote me or @TheGrim123321 to get my attention.

Done that, it's just that it doesn't run as well as it will on steam, plus no online, and thats kinda the whole reason i want it for.

"it's just that it doesn't run as well as it will on steam"

that's a false statement. i have the original version that is not a steam version that runs exactly say as any other, there's no such things a game runs better on steam, just not the case. 

GTA V mods will release Multiplayer using private servers when Rockstars does stop support. so wait another year.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Your life must suck to be so restricted

Say it's for a different game, Get money on your steam account. Buy it behind her back.

I want to do this but this means i need to get a £25 steam gift card in 8 hours from somewhere. I don't live around any game stores.

"it's just that it doesn't run as well as it will on steam"

that's a false statement. i have the original version that is not a steam version that runs exactly say as any other, there's no such things a game runs better on steam, just not the case. 

GTA V mods will release Multiplayer using private servers when Rockstars does stop support. so wait another year.

Noooo, i mean as in there is more support for the game. Whenever i load my cracked copy it crashes at the poilce blue lights.  I managed to load it and play a bit but  I get lags anyway. My friend has exactly the same pc setup as me, but the steam version of the game, and he runs the game at medium 30fps stable.

Move out of your home, find a place to live on your own, get a job to pay your bills and become independent of your parents. That way you can do whatever you want. But until then, house rules are house rules.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

I'm 14, almost wasn't aloud it, but i explained to my dad the bad parts are in the campaign and that i'll be playing online, and it's R rated (in Aus. anyway) because there are drugs in it. So he ended up letting me buy it :)

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

I'm 14, almost wasn't aloud it, but i explained to my dad the bad parts are in the campaign and that i'll be playing online, and it's R rated (in Aus. anyway) because there are drugs in it. So he ended up letting me buy it :)

My dad DOES let me buy it, but im spending christmas on a new pc, so i might consider asking for my birthday in febuary

wtf, saints row 3 and 4? has sexual content,violence ect. idk why gta 5 is different

its different because its not a big name franchise that gets media attention

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Yea it does...

Well they didn't release anything recently so I guess not now but it had attention alot

I've not once heard "media outcry" over SR

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

everyone on this forum HAS played a game that's rated 18 when they were not.

Erm not all.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Erm not all.

oh i'm sorry 1 in a 1000, happy ?

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Eh just buy it yolo what can she do

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Eh just buy it yolo what can she do

Throw you out.  Deaf and dumb treatment.  Not buy you 'trendy' clothes.  Not sign 'permision' slips for school trips.  Not...

"This too shall pass"

oh i'm sorry 1 in a 1000, happy ?

Much better .

All generalisations are bad.  (wait a minute...) ;)

"This too shall pass"

Respect. I wish more Parents would think like that.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO