Looking for an MMO to play.

yannickverc

So I've been playing this song on repeat for the last few days and it makes me want to play an MMO. It's actually been too long since I played one so I kinda wanna get into one.

I've been thinking about WoW since some of my friends play that but... I don't really feel that game.

FF14 is an option too but I heard a lot has changed since it just came out so idk. (Let me know if you play FF14 please, I have some questions.)

TERA online. The MMO I've played the most and I'm pretty good at that one (top 10 PvP on an EU server) but they upped the level-cap (from 60 to 65) with endless new gear/dungeons. Farming those for the best gear is a pain and I'm not feeling that either...

So, if you even made it till the end of the post, what would you recommend?

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

Guild Wars 2, because is the only innovative MMO that came out since WoW...

Guild Wars 2, because is the only innovative MMO that came out since WoW...

I played that for a bit but idk. it feels different so maybe that's good

W0W is the OG fam.

The OG isn't always the good way, fam

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

rift 

I'd rather play WoW than rift haha :P

Really? Most people say it is just a good a tera.

idk, I think tera ruined MMO's for me. Their combat system was so unique and so nice that mmo's like ff14 and wow just put me to sleep

Tera and Rift suck... WoW sucks now...

I've played a hundred+ of MMO's...

There is no good MMO's anymore. They are literally all the same and nothing is innovative about any of them. I wish I had the money and a dev team to make a MMO, I know exactly what would hit the shelves and sell like sex toys. Idk if that's a good analogy but, ya get my point.

Recently got back into The old republic.

It is pretty nice. And the option to just ignore everyone and play the story is nice.

Currently playing through the Knights of the fallen empire expansion. And it is pretty good so far

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I used to enjoy WoW but had to put it down for work. Came back to it a couple years later and I hated it. Tried to get I to lotro and elder scrolls and they feel way too casual to me. I can't think of anything worth picking up atm

I've played hundreds of MMO's...

Citation needed.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

idk, I think tera ruined MMO's for me. Their combat system was so unique and so nice that mmo's like ff14 and wow just put me to sleep

ArcheAge is a considerable option, Trion is are a bunch of fucking pieces of shit since Comcast bought them out so ArcheAge has terrible customer support and is %100 pay to win but if you want a fun and innovative mmo with really good combat then archeage fills those shoes if you can get past p2w.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

I think Tera is one of the worst MMOs ever made.

When I want to play a MMO that is based around its combat I would play Vindictus. But that is also kinda dead...

ArcheAge is a considerable option, Trion is are a bunch of fucking pieces of shit since Comcast bought them out so ArcheAge has terrible customer support and is %100 pay to win but if you want a fun and innovative mmo with really good combat then archeage fills those shoes if you can get past p2w.

p2w is like one of the biggest "nope"-things

I think Tera is one of the worst MMOs ever made.

When I want to play a MMO that is based around its combat I would play Vindictus. But that is also kinda dead...

Oh man, vindictus was so nice. So ahead of it's time. But yea now it's just kinda dead

Need I start a list? I'm not even kidding.

Hundreds mean multiple hundreds, a minimum of 200.  Good luck with that list.

Also to the OP, if you're just in it for the PvE, nothing really beats WoW endgame.  PvP is meh though. GW2 WvWvW was decent at launch but has sucked since.  FF14 didn't even have PvP yet by the time we quit playing it.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Oh man, vindictus was so nice. So ahead of it's time. But yea now it's just kinda dead

The game was ahead of it's time.

The servers were way behind it's time... Lol.

Loved the game though, I got to like lv75 and quit.

Hundreds mean multiple hundreds, a minimum of 200.  Good luck with that list.

Alright, at least 100 MMO's. Maybe not 200, but defiantly above 100. Excuse my English, I should of said "a hundred+".

The game was ahead of it's time.

The servers were way behind it's time... Lol.

Loved the game though, I got to like lv75 and quit.

Wish I could just go back and enjoy the hours and hours of TitanRose and RosePh I played...

i would say guild wars 2 also since its free to start off with, plus no monthly sub

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Wish I could just go back and enjoy the hours and hours of TitanRose and RosePh I played...

I wish I could go back to the good days of Asheron's Call and DDO in it's early days.

p2w is like one of the biggest "nope"-things

I totally agree but some people look past it. It is a shame also because the core game (take out the cash shop) is fucking GREAT. Responsive and Dynamic combat, cool class system, semi sandbox design, beautiful graphics, open world raid bosses, building system, good crafting, sea/ship combat and exploration, and the list keeps going. And then it's fucking ruined by shitty Trion.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Everyone fails to realize is that MMO's are dead because there is no sense of purpose in the world. Your class has no sense of need. I remember the old days in DDO when you couldn't make it 5 minutes through a dungeon if you didn't have a rogue. Or you couldn't make it through a dungeon without a cleric! Your class had actual needs! People needed you to play with their group! DDO had the best community ever. I remember getting constant PM's about joining people for a dungeon because they needed a healer.

Anyone who says MMO's these days are good, do not know what a good MMO is.

Sorcerers had high charisma and could open specific runes for the party to progress in a dungeon. They also did a ton of magical damage, and had all kinds of magic damage spells. Wizards had high intellect and could also open specific runes for the party to progress in a dungeon. They also had a ton of magical buffs to support the party. Rogues had high intellect as well, but they were more catered towards disarming traps, sensing dangerous things, and hearing things beyond a door to hint to the party what was happening behind that door before they opened it. Fighters had high constitution and were really good at tanking, they were the first into battle and you needed a tank in basically any dungeon you went into. Last thing you want is your Cleric to be getting attacked and focusing on healing them self and the party.. Barbarians had high strength and were able to force use brute force to open certain things and as well as carry more things. Certain dungeons required you to lug things around while battling. They also were high melee damage doers. 

Ect.

DDO executed classed based systems perfectly, and that's what I miss in my MMO's.... I miss the sense of purpose.