WAN Show Advice.

DaCoder

You guys need to do something to fix some issues on the WAN show.

You need:

A way that the mod people monitoring chat can tell you if it is up or down.(Phone is good)

Stable (NON POTATO) internet. Screw Shaw.

Somewhat simpler setup for audio, (maybe not a ton of PC's with different output's / input's)

Finally, please try out FFSplit, it is way better than XSplit. (And free)

I hope that this gets read, and if you disagree, please comment below.

Thank you.

Car: 1994 Accord LX, 1978 280z

PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/DaCoder/saved/#view=zZZhP6

+1, I hope Linus & Co. see this!

EDIT: I'm fine with their audio setup, but the other suggestions are good.

Edited by Vettexl

GW2: Vettexl.9726

I wonder when we are going to piss shaw off so much that they will give him a decent connection.

I am a happy wuffy

Most of these are much easier said than done. They've done a lot of work to improve the overall quality of the stream, and in my opinion it's at the level it needs to be, the only caveat is their ISP which they've been trying to work with. I'm sure they would much rather make it work with them rather than having to switch; which unfortunately may not happen. I think it's great people are giving advice, but at the same time they know what they are doing, and they know the problems and solutions, it's just a matter of finding the time to do it. 

Shaw just has to pick up their game, then the stream will be back up to scratch.

GPU: Gigabyte HD7970 | Mobo: ASUS Z97i PLUS | CPU: 4790K

HDD: Samsung 1tb SSD | Disp: 3x Asus 23.6" 1080p

RAM: 16gb Kingston Hyper X | Case: None

Most of these are much easier said than done. They've done a lot of work to improve the overall quality of the stream, and in my opinion it's at the level it needs to be, the only caveat is their ISP which they've been trying to work with. I'm sure they would much rather make it work with them rather than having to switch; which unfortunately may not happen. I think it's great people are giving advice, but at the same time they know what they are doing, and they know the problems and solutions, it's just a matter of finding the time to do it. 

I did a livestream for a while, I only had about 200 viewers, but I didn't ever get throttled. And it was a simple setup, all content was on one pc.

Car: 1994 Accord LX, 1978 280z

PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/DaCoder/saved/#view=zZZhP6

Intel Core i5 4670k 》Asus Z87 GRYPHON 》8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz

Asus R9 280 STRIX 3GB》Samsung 840EVO 250gb 》Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Corsair GS 800W 》Corsair 350D Case 》Corsair Hydro H110

You guys need to do something to fix some issues on the WAN show.

You need:

A way that the mod people monitoring chat can tell you if it is up or down.(Phone is good)

Stable (NON POTATO) internet. Screw Shaw.

Somewhat simpler setup for audio, (maybe not a ton of PC's with different output's / input's)

Finally, please try out FFSplit, it is way better than XSplit. (And free)

I hope that this gets read, and if you disagree, please comment below.

Thank you.

If there was something they could've done with the internet, they would've done it.

I did a livestream for a while, I only had about 200 viewers, but I didn't ever get throttled. And it was a simple setup, all content was on one pc.

200 viewers =/= almost 5000 viewers

that was brilliant 

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

Well, obviously 200 /= 5000, but this does not mean that what i said is any less important.

And amount of viewers has nothing to do with this.

A good piece of advice is to NOT EVER IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE EVER USE THE MONEY SUCKING, LUNCH STEALING, THROTTLING, BANDWIDTH MUNCHING DIRTY SCUMBAGS THAT IS SHAW MEDIA!

Thank you.

That is all.

My BattleBox Specs: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.2GHz, ASUS Maximus VI Hero, 16GB 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance Memory, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760, Corsair C70, Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013, Intel 330 Series 180GB & Samsung 840 Series 120GB, 3TB WD Green, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. Visit kurtgrosser.com for quality content! Cheers from Canada, eh?

Uh? What was supposed to be quoted?

It was a video but I didn't want the full video to show up again because it annoys me seeing the same picture of video quoted 

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

200 viewers =/= almost 5000 viewers

Twitch.tv is hosting the stream. The viewer count has absolutely no effect on Linus' upstream. Linus is simply streaming to Twitch's servers, who then provide the stream to we viewers.

I dare say there is a routing issue between Twitch's servers & Shaw for this to effect two different physical locations, but both using Shaw's pipes.

I don't believe they're being throttled.

Intel 3960X @ 4.6GHz Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD64GX3M8A2133C9 64GB | ASUS Rampage IV Extreme | 2*ASUS PG279Q EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X | 2*Corsair Force GT 256GB in R0 [OS Drive] | Samsung 850 Pro 1TB [secondary Drive] Hitachi Deskstar 7K4000 Raid 6 [8*4TB — Media Array] | PAN-UJ-235A Blu-Ray Slot Load | PAN-UJ-875A DVD Slot Load | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair H100i | Lian-Li PC-V2120X | LSI 9271-8i w/ Intel RES2SV240 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | Ducky Shine II [Cherry MX Brown / Blue LED]

I don't believe they're being throttled.

Linus seems to believe otherwise