Just received my first mechanical keyboard ... I think I'm in love

I had no idea I was missing such a wonderful thing, it's just so satisfying to type now.

Ducky Shine 3, Blue backlight with Brown keyswitches.

post-496-0-06173900-1377262237.jpg

A big thanks LTT forum for the information that brought me to this purchase.

Nice to see someone enjoys it! I have demoed Mechs and I NEED ONE! How's the build quality on the Ducky?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Nice. I just got my Ducky Shine 3 with blue switches and red backlight. I usually go for brown switches, but I needed a change

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I just got my first brown switched keyboard too. Love the typing experience, but I think I need a wrist rest. Where did you get the ducky. I have a CMStorm pro. 

Good choice, but edit your signature, it violates the CoC. Did you get your alternate space bar?

It is the year of the snake edition, if I am not mistaken.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

I'm glad I have the tenkeyless Ducky Shine 2. That numberpad takes up way too much space. Nice choice though!

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

Good choice, I just got the shine 3 also.  Picked up the blue switches and red lights.

Is that a Func-MS3? Beautifully matching.

only reason ducky shine 3 is not perfect and why i use logitech g710+

-small shift key

only reason ducky shine 3 is not perfect and why i use logitech g710+

-small shift key

Considering that it's a different key layout because you live in the USA you're marketed the ANSI keyboard and if you lived in the UK you'd be getting the ISO keyboard. PCF275.w_rev4.logitech_G710-470-75.jpg ducky-booth-08.jpg

ISO G710+ does have a small shift, not sure what you're talking about, and the ANSI Ducky keyboards have a long shift.

Edit: awkward, forgot the f in one of the shifts...

Considering that it's a different key layout because you live in the USA you're marketed the ANSI keyboard and if you lived in the UK you'd be getting the ISO keyboard. PCF275.w_rev4.logitech_G710-470-75.jpg ducky-booth-08.jpg

ISO G710+ does have a small shift, not sure what you're talking about, and the ANSI Ducky keyboards have a long shift.

Edit: awkward, forgot the f in one of the shifts...

my g710+ has a long LSHİFT... and i LOVE g710+ anyway

Small%20(5%20of%207).jpg

my g710+ has a long LSHİFT... :s wierd...

Hmmph, it's like you didn't even read what I just said. What I tried to explain is that due to the fact we live in the USA we get sold ANSI keyboards, keyboards with the ANSI layout, this means we get enter keys like our shift keys. OP lives in UK, so he gets sold ISO keyboards, keyboards with the ISO layout, which means he gets what appears to be a monstrous enter key and a tiny shift key. That and he has that little line thing with a backslash by his shift instead of above enter.

Hmmph, it's like you didn't even read what I just said. What I tried to explain is that due to the fact we live in the USA we get sold ANSI keyboards, keyboards with the ANSI layout, this means we get enter keys like our shift keys. OP lives in UK, so he gets sold ISO keyboards, keyboards with the ISO layout, which means he gets what appears to be a monstrous enter key and a tiny shift key. That and he has that little line thing with a backslash by his shift instead of above enter.

Yeah, it's like he'd totally ignored the ANSI and ISO layout/format.....theamazingguy, please look at the G710+ in Shikarikato's post, it has the ISO layout which translates to it having small L-Shift key. Yours is the one with ANSI layout/format, it has the smaller 'Enter' key with longer L-Shift key.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

You couldn't have made a better choice for your first mechanical keyboard. I wish my first had been a Ducky Shine and not a piece of junk Razer BlackWidow Ultimate. I've been using Max Keyboard Nighthawks for the past year and a half, but my recently acquired Ducky Shine 3 (also with Cherry MX browns) puts my Nighthawks to shame. Also, after using Cherry MX reds for awhile, I couldn't go back to Cherry MX blues because I suddenly found them too stiff, so, because I like a tactile switch but something with a low actuation force like a red, the browns have been heaven to type on.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

Is that a Func-MS3? Beautifully matching.

Indeed it is my good sir. I would wholeheartedly recommend it. ( if you have large hands that is)

May I ask the build quality? How well does it hold up to the bend test?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I was in love when I received my K70. It is so nice to type on :). (I don't care what anyone says, red switches are not too bad for typing.)

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

May I ask the build quality? How well does it hold up to the bend test?

As I've never had sustained hands-on on another proper keyboard, I don't really have a good precedent to work from, but it feels bloomin' solid compared to the Tt Challenger Pro I was using before, with not a whole lot of flex.

My only gripe is the space bar, the plunger seem to be rubbing a little, giving the nasty plastic on plastic sound, but that should go with a bit more use. 

And as for your earlier question about the design of the space bar, it's just the standard one that comes pre-attached with the standard Shine3, there is also red WASD and a blank space bar included.

May I add to this thread that I just got a Razer Blackwidow 2013  (MX Blue switches) and I love it. The build quality is great, and the clickiness :D :D ... To top it all of, it's not too 'gamy' and flashy, but just right in my opinion. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!