Can you spot a persons age by the way they type?

Moondrelor

I would say it's difficult. You might be able to infer someone's age from their writing style, but in reality it's more of a wild guess then an educated assessment.

Also, maturity != age, which can make it more difficult (immature adult vs. mature teen/young adult).

You have several things you can take about the way someone types.

1. Writing style
  2. Grammar
  3. Typing speed
  4. Questions
  5. Answers
  6. Wisdom
  7. Persistence

And so forth. If someone is using big big words for no apparent reason they possibly are making up for trying to sound a bit more mature than they actually are.

If they are really bad at explaining their actions or explaining how to do something that could point you towards a educated guess as well.

You're basically studying the person at this point if you ACTUALLY care enough.

But more often than not you can sniff a child out in a few conversations and generally in one conversation. 

Pretty sure it says that you're Will Smith's son...

savage

can you guess my age? (if you know the exact answer don't answer please :))

You're a day younger than me. I'm sure everyone knows my age by now.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Oh yeah! Someone guess my age! (people who already know, don't help them! NO CLUES!)

If you do, I'll give you a hug!

You can usually tell which ones are below 16.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

You can usually tell which ones are below 16.

Often and they usually crumble under the weight of only a light intellectual volley. Sometimes they crumble silently, sometimes furiously and sometimes even spectacularly as they hammer their keyboards in a blaze of bloodrage indicated by the exponential increase in spelling and grammatical errors while their feeble arguments and/or points implode inwards all around themselves.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Age? I dont think that is something you can really figure out age through the way a person types. There are far to many variables that dictate how someone sounds online. If English is not someones first language they may have trouble with grammar. A persons level of education can also greatly effect this. What can help you figure out a persons age online is what the are talking about, but not how they talk.  

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Math doesn't check out. 2015-1989=26.

@Benji_w is hiding something. . .

I'm 26, says on my profile.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

For the purposes of this discussion, I have temporarily removed the age listed from my profile. I enjoy seeing how people react to my mannerisms, especially when I've made them angry, though that's almost exclusively on CoD. Though I suppose that's more my ability to remain calm and compose a decent argument against their claims than anything.

And I doubt only this snippet of text from me will allow anyone to accurately gauge my age or maturity level, but I dunno, surprise me.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Haha guess my age.

wait a minute...

2013 called. They want their memes back.

Waow das ist as cold as the ice backet challenge

hqdefault.jpg

Fun fact #42069 

The Titanic was the largest mass ice bucket challenge in history!

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

I disagree

my typing and language skills are sub par and I also have adhd.so sometimes my sentences will be messing like 6 words and make no sense. I won't notice it either, witch is really annoying.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

Based on your anime selection, I'd say maybe teen to mid 20's.

Then again I just met you. Lol

Top kek.

Based on your display pic and location you need to get to shannonville sometime.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Sometimes it is really obvious, other times not so much. But yea..I think you can definitely spot someone's age looking at the way they type.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |