Can you spot a persons age by the way they type?

Moondrelor

i dont think you can really guess somebodys age.  but you can pretty accurately guess their maturity.  i dont mind dealing with younger kids, as long as theyre mature.  and ive met plenty of 30+ yr olds that have the maturity of a 12 yr old. i'd rather talk to sqeakers..

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Not really, but I can tell when someone, usually a young smartass, is being pretentious by using large, complicated words in a feeble attempt to hide their actual immaturity. Words cannot express how much it irritates me.

My younger brother is a prime example of this.

I Can Tell If Someone Has Just A Really Obnoxious, In-Your-Face Personality When They Type Like This All Of The Time.

12-year olds have a habit of abbreviating words that ought not to be abbreviated.

teenage girls in their cliquey angsty, and possibly ValleyGirl phase when they start repetitiously using "omg" and "like" and "totally". They really piss me off.

Illiterate 19-year-old high school dropouts usually misspell or mispronounce half their words, (words that my 3rd grade teacher would have cursed me into the ground for misspelling), and then when you call them out they usually respond with something like "shuddafukup fagut."

There are also the older people out there, you know, the ones who for whatever reason, are still living in the 60s, 70s and 80s, and are of the firm opinion that people who are more than 10 years younger than them don't know their ass from a hole in the ground, and use that as justification to condescend and belittle them, and to reject their valid points of view as ridiculous and of no worth. Because we all know that age is the end-all, be-all measure of wisdom, intelligence and authority these days, don't we?

Any fool should be able to spot them instantly - you can see the sarcastic chiding oozing and dripping from the text.

love it

Nope

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

i dont think you can really guess somebodys age.  but you can pretty accurately guess their maturity.  i dont mind dealing with younger kids, as long as theyre mature.  and ive met plenty of 30+ yr olds that have the maturity of a 12 yr old. i'd rather talk to sqeakers..

I can't stand talking to immature squeakers in a game... 

Squeakers push my buttons lol

Some of us already know it @Moondrelor xD

Any guesses for me peeps? 

I have terrible spelling. Auto correct is my savoir. My hand writing is worse, its basically chicken scratch. My add also hurts, oh look a bird...

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

It's actually kinda fun to mess with them. Makes me laugh, and it inflates their egos! We win, and everyone else wins!

Yes definitely, different age groups have vastly different mannerisms and lingo. You can usually get a decent ballpark estimate from just a couple minutes of conversation.

Current System: R7 1700x 3.93Ghz, PowerColor R9 380x 1.14ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200mhz, EVGA 650 GS

Nope

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

yes their voice is grating, but as long as they dont try to talk shit and can actually hold a conversation its not so bad.  ive helped out a few in mmos and stuff and gotten them on skype to help better, only to find out theyre like 12, voice sucks sure. but they were focusing on learning and actually trying to better themselves, its totally okay. shooters are a different story though.. they just get annoying

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

yes their voice is grating, but as long as they dont try to talk shit and can actually hold a conversation its not so bad.  ive helped out a few in mmos and stuff and gotten them on skype to help better, only to find out theyre like 12, voice sucks sure. but they were focusing on learning and actually trying to better themselves, its totally okay. shooters are a different story though.. they just get annoying

I completely agree with you 100%. I'm all for helping out anyone despite their age, but the moment they are bitching, yelling, ect. I just go. "nope.jpg" and mute them. LOL

Yes, I often try, but i always miss by a land slide. It's hard to read people. :(

And text makes it harder still, for me at least. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Squeakers push my buttons lol

Some of us already know it @Moondrelor xD

Any guesses for me peeps? 

Aye. Your post count. 970. Lel. GTX 970. Get it to 980 and you upgraded yourself for free.

I've been in situations where I've been frustrated at a "12" year old then, after some dissuasion, found out they were actually 20 or so.

Also, what's my age?

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Fynman

I've been in situations where I've been frustrated at a "12" year old then, after some dissuasion, found out they were actually 20 or so.

Also, what's my age?

Ehhhhh. 17? 19?

Ehhhhh. 17? 19?

17 is off by a month, I'm 16. (But my signature is only 12)

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Fynman

17 is off by a month, I'm 16. (But my signature is only 12)

Read some of your topics and posts to get a guess.