Can you spot a persons age by the way they type?

Moondrelor

Waow das ist as cold as the ice backet challenge

hqdefault.jpg

Fun fact #42069 

The Titanic was the largest mass ice bucket challenge in history!

Love the fun fact.

I can spot someone who is young and/or immature by the way they type. But once people get past about 21 it gets harder to tell exactly how old they are. 

I'm a bit of an odd ball, I'm 26 but have the communication skills of a chimp. So I'm sure most people around here think I'm about 12.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I reely good ad tybing becuz me is exzpert.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it. :P

I can spot someone who is young and/or immature by the way they type. But once people get past about 21 it gets harder to tell exactly how old they are. 

I'm a bit of an odd ball, I'm 26 but have the communication skills of a chimp. So I'm sure most people around here think I'm about 12.

I was pretty much spot on thinking you were mid 20s from when I first joined this forum a couple months ago haha. However I think we have common technical backgrounds and occupations if I'm to believe your profile; so that would explain why I could figure it out so quickly.

I can usually get a good idea about age group based on what a person types, not necessarily how they do it. For example it's pretty easy for me to spot complete BS when it comes to technical subjects when I see it. Is why I prefer to explain why something is the way it is rather than just stating some "fact" without any explanation. Nor will I believe anything without reasonable explanation either.

I was pretty much spot on thinking you were mid 20s from when I first joined this forum a couple months ago haha. However I think we have common technical backgrounds and occupations if I'm to believe your profile; so that would explain why I could figure it out so quickly.

I can usually get a good idea about age group based on what a person types, not necessarily how they do it. For example it's pretty easy for me to spot complete BS when it comes to technical subjects when I see it. Is why I prefer to explain why something is the way it is rather than just stating some "fact" without any explanation. Nor will I believe anything without reasonable explanation either.

Yeah I believe you have mentioned before that you are also an ME. Around 22-23 right?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Yeah I believe you have mentioned before that you are also an ME. Around 22-23 right?

That's right (I'm 24 but close enough). ME by job but Aeronautical by degree. Although all that really means is I've focused on compressible fluids within ME industries (e.g. centrifugal air compressors, steam plant piping/components, heat exchangers, etc).

I am very unprofessional with the way I type because I was never taught how to do it.

That's right (I'm 24 but close enough). ME by job but Aeronautical by degree. Although all that really means is I've focused on compressible fluids within ME industries (e.g. centrifugal air compressors, steam plant piping/components, heat exchangers, etc).

That's all good. I spent the first couple of years in industry doing CFD, I dont get a lot of chance to get my flow on anymore. 

I'm still a bit jealous of your Fiesta ST though  B)

I have joined somewhat late, therefore I don't know how accurate this is. However, from this statement alone can you give an age range?

I have joined somewhat late, therefore I don't know how accurate this is. However, from this statement alone can you give an age range?

No.

Then I have failed.

Lol. It's hard to tell someones age based on one sentence. It takes a conversation to get an educated guess.

Lol. It's hard to tell someones age based on one sentence. It takes a conversation to get an educated guess.

I was hoping somebody would take at least one guess.

Or a good trolling of course  :lol:

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

@Aytex is that you?

No, why should it be?

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it. :P