Overkill issue an apolgy over PayDay 2 Microtransactions

Master Disaster

The devs have taken to Steam to apologise over the fiasco...

"The past few weeks have been some of the most challenging in the history of this community," the statement reads. "Players have been angry with us, media have written about us en masse and our volunteer moderators went on strike. For all the distress we've caused the past few weeks, I'd just like to take the time and say that we’re sorry. We've done a lot of things right in the past, but these past few weeks we screwed up.

"We need to get better at many things, and we will do our best to improve as soon as possible."

They've also released an interview with the mods who quit on them last week answering a lot of user questions in the process. This is a 2 hour interview so PC Gamer summarised it

"Today we had a meeting with Ashley and Jones, two of our volunteer moderators. Ashley and Jones has been collecting questions from the community that we discussed during the meeting. Two of the topics were stat boosts and the latest COP reward. We're currently looking into what we can do to make up for the final COP-reward. Ashley and Jones gave several suggestions from the community that we are currently discussing internally.Our main goal is to try to find a way to reduce or remove the random elements of the final reward, whatever that reward will be. Regarding stat boosts, Ashley and Jones suggested that we introduce something similar to StatTrak as part of future safes, a feature used in CS:GO in their cases. This is something we've been thinking about as well, and something that we will discuss going forward. I must stress however that we cannot currently make any promises but these are things we will be discussing as we move forward."

Overkill have also offered to meet with community members and modders in order to answer more questions, no word on when yet though.

Sauce - http://www.pcgamer.com/payday-2-studio-apologises-over-added-microtransactions/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

Well at least they apologised, that's something. Me thinks it won't be enough though.

The damage is done and it's to little to late IMO.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

wasn't this posted a week ago?

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Someone want to update me on what happened? Haven't played PayDay 2 in a while 

Someone want to update me on what happened? Haven't played PayDay 2 in a while 

Basically the devs added pay to win features, then they removed them due to backlash, and followed that by doubling down back on the microtransactions cuz yolo

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Oh please. The playerbase bitches about everything having to do with that game and blow everything out of proportion. Don't like the "pay to win" market? Well you don't have to touch it and it doesn't impact your experience.

Oh please. The playerbase bitches about everything having to do with that game and blow everything out of proportion. Don't like the "pay to win" market? Well you don't have to touch it and it doesn't impact your experience.

Really, so when your getting pwned by someone who has bought all the best gear in the game with real money it's not affecting your experience?

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Really, so when your getting pwned by someone who has bought all the best gear in the game with real money it's not affecting your experience?

Payday is not PvP though

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Payday is not PvP though

Fair enough then. I'm not afraid to admit I was wrong.

I was wrong :P

I agree. I mean, paying full price for a game and then having to pay more to play it properly is 100% fine.

/s

Basically the devs added pay to win features, then they removed them due to backlash, and followed that by doubling down back on the microtransactions cuz yolo

People complain about this but Not CS;GO or TF2 or Portal 2 its just a double standard in the industry. 

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

Payday is not PvP though

Fair enough then. I'm not afraid to admit I was wrong.

I was wrong :P

So I guess that got cleared up.

I agree. I mean, paying full price for a game and then having to pay more to play it properly is 100% fine.

/s

It's on sale a lot and is already a cluster fuck of DLC to begin with yet nobody complained about that as much as they are for this. You have to buy drills just to open safes for god sakes. The game is already one huge microtransaction. People can stop complaining about this otherwise they should stop playing the game outright because that's all it is.

People complain about this but Not CS;GO or TF2 or Portal 2 its just a double standard in the industry.

Not really. Overkill literally tweeted the words

"We will never add microtransactions to PayDay 2"

This situation is of their own making.

Not really. Overkill literally tweeted the words

"We will never add microtransactions to PayDay 2"

This situation is of their own making.

Not to mention that CS:GO and TF2 micro transactions are purely cosmetic abd not game affecting.

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

Isn't TF2 aesthetic only (Hats)?? I actually don't know as I don't play, also TF2 is free so it has an excuse, as they don't make money on it otherwise.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Isn't TF2 aesthetic only (Hats)?? I actually don't know as I don't play, also TF2 is free so it has an excuse, as they don't make money on it otherwise.

IT has no excuse, make it a game you pay for. Instead of selling you useless items. 

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

IT has no excuse, make it a game you pay for. Instead of selling you useless items. 

TF2 was once a game that you had to pay for but Valve made it free to play because most people who had 'purchased' TF2 done so through buying The Orange Box.

Not to mention the fact that Valve have made a ton more through selling cosmetic items by making the game F2P since then.

Furthermore, the cosmetic items you can buy for the most part can be gained in-game anyway through random drops or by crafting/trading and do not affect the game in any way.

That's nothing compared to the absolute horse-shit of what Overkill did to a PAID game with additional PAID dlc by adding bullshit micro-transactions, and when people within the payday community didn't like it, Overkill responded by reducing the amount of XP and Cash you gained from completing a heist in order to sell their art student tier skins. But don't worry, you can still get back the original XP and Cash amounts when you complete a heist, just give Overkill money in exchange, that's all!

I haven't even gotten into the shitty MS paint tier skins, the messing around of weapon stats, the fact that weapon skins boost stats, thus affecting the game and are not just cosmetic items, the fact that Almir and his team at Overkill have been doing nothing about these issues but damage controlling for the past month and so on...

Overkill's apology doesn't mean shit, they just want the community to shut the fuck up because the community is telling potential buyers of the product to stay away from it.

Overkill took a competent game with a loyal community and royally fucked it and as far as I am concerned, until they actually fix these issues at hand instead of issuing half-hearted bullshit PR apologies, they can fuck off.

So are they reversing this horrible P2W system? Or are they pulling a BP apology?

"We're sorry."

*Edit, just got finished reading it. I don't know what they're apologizing for since they didn't say why, but then they started talking about adding more skins.

This game is officially dead for me. I have ~200 hours logged onto it and bought it at release because I loved PayDay1 so much. Now I completely regret that $40 purchase.

Fuck you Overkill, literally, FUCK YOU.

I've just stopped playing this game it used fucking awesome. A great game to play with friends then it just became a paywall of really shitty overpriced dlc well before they put in micro transactions.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

So I guess that got cleared up.

It's on sale a lot and is already a cluster fuck of DLC to begin with yet nobody complained about that as much as they are for this. You have to buy drills just to open safes for god sakes. The game is already one huge microtransaction. People can stop complaining about this otherwise they should stop playing the game outright because that's all it is.

The issue is that Overkill said they wouldn't do anything like this. At least one of their employees did.

Plus, the other thing is, is that there are weapons (that are balanced differently) and whatnot that you can only get through those boxes, IIRC, which is shitty.

The issue is that Overkill said they wouldn't do anything like this. At least one of their employees did.

Plus, the other thing is, is that there are weapons (that are balanced differently) and whatnot that you can only get through those boxes, IIRC, which is shitty.

From what I've seen the best stuff is still in the regular DLC anyways though.

cosmetics are the same as items that make you stronger? Learn something new everyday.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit