R9 380X surprise

Arc_Jester

It should be available in most stores tomorrow.

The 390 nitro doesn't have a backplate, sapphire wanted to cut costs.

Really!?! I have a fucking Nitro 390, which the OC version comes with a back plate. Look into things before you comment, at least check what the person you're quoting owns.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Oh boy, I want that Nitro one...

Sapphire always makes sexy cards, I always just wanted one in purple.

I have a blue build, not sure how that would work but it would look bad ass purple. Still trying to figure out how to install LEDs in the 390. Miss the LED Sapphire logo the Vaporx had

I have a blue build, not sure how that would work but it would look bad ass purple. Still trying to figure out how to install LEDs in the 390. Miss the LED Sapphire logo the Vaporx had

Yea I really want to do a 4 coat plasti-dip on the accents on a whole rig.

In order:

-White basecoat

-Blaze purple

-Metalizer (silver or purple)

-Clear gloss

This is what you get.

post-222431-0-27981100-1447986200_thumb.

Yea I really want to do a 4 coat plasti-dip on the accents on a whole rig.

In order:

-White basecoat

-Blaze purple

-Metalizer (silver or purple)

-Clear gloss

This is what you get.

You just talked me into trying it. Have to go blue though. Maybe white. Most likely blue.

Since it is apparently a 960 competitor and not a 970 slayer I'm not surprised by the price.

Disappointed is more the word.

Really!?! I have a fucking Nitro 390, which the OC version comes with a back plate. Look into things before you comment, at least check what the person you're quoting owns.

Pardon my ignorance,I was thinking about the Nitro Tri-X. There's no need to be hostile.

Since it is apparently a 960 competitor and not a 970 slayer I'm not surprised by the price.

Disappointed is more the word.

Technically it's not competing with anything, it's in a bracket on it's own just like the Fury.

Basically the R9 380 will lower in price by ~$20 USD. Don't waste your time on this GPU that's supposed to bridge a gap as the performance difference is not worth the price.

Buy that 380 as soon as the price drops.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460; MOBO: ASRock H97M-PRO4; RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 @ 1600MHz; SSD: A-Data SP600 128GB; HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB; GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB; PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W; Case: Thermaltake Core V21 w/ AF140 blue LED fan (exhaust); Monitor: Acer H226HQLBid 21.5" 60Hz 5ms IPS (GTG) HDMI

Pardon my ignorance,I was thinking about the Nitro Tri-X. There's no need to be hostile.

Technically it's not competing with anything, it's in a bracket on it's own just like the Fury.

I was nice the first ten times, number 15 started to give me a twitch in my left eye. So forgive me being a bit blunt but when someone who owns the graphics card comments on the differences between the two backplates, they do so from experience.

Anyone else notice that the 380x doesn't have gold trim like the 390x?

Wheres msi's card?

MSI will launch their cards later, these are just the day one launch cards.

Also the freakin 280 is a competitor for the 960, so i call bull on a competitor

Also the freakin 280 is a competitor for the 960, so i call bull on a competitor

The 280 was the rival of the 960 until it was replaced by the 380 but the 280X which the 380X replaces never had a rival in the maxwell lineup therefore the 380X is in a price bracket on it's own.

The 280 was the rival of the 960 until it was replaced by the 380 but the 280X which the 380X replaces never had a rival in the maxwell lineup therefore the 380X is in a price bracket on it's own.

eeeexactly

I think it is great, as it (so far) performs about 15-25% better than a 960, and the extra $30 will definitely be worth it. I may sell my 970 and get one of these to support Team Red :D

Why???

Just support them the next time around and buy a r9 490 or furyx2

Nice card, but I would like to see it with some games (never settle anyone???), let´s say two games, otherwise it´s a nice card for 1080p offering gaming 20-25% more performance than a gtx 960 and having some headroom for drivers (another 5-15%).

The saphire one is ugly! I love the XFX and HIS... ASUS IS HELLA BEAUTIFULL!

:o Take that back, no it's not. Btw the ASUS card may look good but it's probably a pos.

Nah m8 saphire looks basic. My old 7950 XFX looks better than that!

Sorry dude

It may be basic but it's definitely not ugly.

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I would buy it for a PC that looks like it still has a Pentium. Not a gaming rig.

But that is me OFC [emoji1]

Are you the type that thinks a gaming rig should look like a Christmas tree?

It looks fine! Don't Get me wrong! But I would buy it. But not if it is for a gaming rig with leds! I think the card is beautifull in its own way!

Fair enough.

vtx3d is owned by the same company that owns powercolor, they are the same. You can find their cards at east europe and asia markets (vtx3d 280x owner here, it is exactly the same as the powercolor). Also, i see no MSI version for the 380x, so i assume there will not be one?

The site has changed....