i am being trolled :(

applesuxD

basically,my phone, pc cant acces my house wifi thus i am forced to use 3g, this is because someone somehow got into my wifi, changed the admin pass for the ip adress, and somehow blocked my phone and pc from using it,

is there a way other than using the reset switch that i can solve the issue with? thanks

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

Cant think of another way other than the reset switch.

And you should really have a better password on your wifi

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

you could contact you ISP...

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

travel back in time with your delorean and use a better admin password? and store it in a encrypted safe like keepass

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

Cant think of another way other than the reset switch.

And you should really have a better password on your wifi

its not his wifi password, the attacker got in his QoS settings, he's fucked unless he resets or contacts his internet service provider

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

Hard reset the router.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

its not his wifi password, the attacker got in his QoS settings, he's fucked unless he resets or contacts his internet service provider

No they did not, QoS obviously doesn't mean what you think it means.

OP, hard reset is the solution to your problem.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

basically,my phone, pc cant acces my house wifi thus i am forced to use 3g, this is because someone somehow got into my wifi, changed the admin pass for the ip adress, and somehow blocked my phone and pc from using it,

is there a way other than using the reset switch that i can solve the issue with? thanks

HARD RESET!

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

No they did not, QoS obviously doesn't mean what you think it means.

OP, hard reset is the solution to your problem.

i know what QoS means , you CAN indeed block someone off a network with it, like setting quotas to 0. Look at the post, he says got his admin pass for his IP adress. that probably means he got in his router settings, which means the attacker probably used some quality of service (see, i even know what's the acronym... :P ) setting to block acess to his ip adresses (phone and pc in this case) which he probably got somewhere else in his router settings! that's what i meant, maybe you didn't understand? ;)

i know what QoS means , you CAN indeed block someone off a network with it, like setting quotas to 0. Look at the post, he says got his admin pass for his IP adress. that probably means he got in his router settings, which means the attacker probably used some quality of service (see, i even know what's the acronym... :P ) setting to block acess to his ip adresses (phone and pc in this case) which he probably got somewhere else in his router settings! that's what i meant, maybe you didn't understand? ;)

Why would they use QoS to block internet access when every router has a "per device access" page specifically designed to block access to individual MAC addresses?

Using QoS would be like using newspaper to wipe your ass, functional but not the ideal solution :P

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Why would they use QoS to block internet access when every router has a "per device access" page specifically designed to block access to individual MAC addresses?

I was just reacting to your arrogant "you obviously don't know what it means". And this is really subjective, but if i wanted to "troll" someone on their network i would head to QoS right away. Mess with their MB/sec. quotas or something like that. Anyways...

Call Singtel, Starhub, M1 etc. They can help you out.. maybe not if you're under singtel cause they are shit..

I was just reacting to your arrogant "you obviously don't know what it means". And this is really subjective, but if i wanted to "troll" someone on their network i would head to QoS right away. Mess with their MB/sec. quotas or something like that. Anyways...

And I'd just change my internal ip and bypass your trolling in seconds.

That's why routers use MAC Addresses to restrict internet access, QoS assumes the user is locked into certain settings, on a large network that's true but at home I'm free to change anything I want.

Ermm I wouldn't put anything through a router that was clearly compromised anyway, your network is breached its time to disconnect, hard reset the router and then do the same with all the devices that connect to it, who knows what they did given internal network access but they could have compromised all devices on that network and you should treat it as such.

You can easily change your mac address by doing this : windows logo x, m. Network adapters. Right click properties. Advanced. Network address. Change it to whatever you want.

Just use the reset switch, there is no other way, and next time if you use WPS, then nobody can log onto your wifi until they have either pressed the WPS button on your router or typed in a totally random and hard key on the bottom of your router.

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)

Have you tried Ethernet cable and going to 192.168.1.254? That is the default address for most ISPs' routers/modems in Singapore. 

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Plug in by ethernet, you should get hooked up by DHCP, do an ipconfig to see what your gateway address is and then browse to that in a browser and see if your credentials work. If not you'll have to reset.

Comb it with a brick

Why are you asking this? Do you not have physical access to the router?

And no I don't think there is another straightforward way to get your router back.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY

Le USD $300 Second Hand Potato

CPU: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8GHz Motherboard: Intel DP55WG RAM: 12GB Corsair Budget 1333MHz (2x2GB+2x4GB) GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 512MB Case: Cooler Master Elite Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB PSU: Cooler Master Generic 500W (came with case) Displays: 21.5" 1080p Acer G226HQL Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Mx Reds) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Turtle Beach X12's Operating System: Windows 10

Yep... My peripherals cost me more than the rig itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯