Whos winning the GPU war? (no bias, no flame war)

Mohenjo

the fastest card right now is a fury x soooo. for gaming anyway

assuming RAM isnt an issue, yes, but in MOST cases, 980ti takes it

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Yeah that is another problem for them, nvidia has better global distribution so in certain areas amd can't compete well

Funny thing it used to be the exact opposite situation a few years ago, heck , even last year.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

assuming RAM isnt an issue, yes, but in MOST cases, 980ti takes it

not anymore well not dx12 games

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

it has been tested, and because of Fury X's small amount of RAM and its poor driver support (cannot be OCed) the 980ti takes it.

if VRAM isnt an issue, sure, in raw FLOPS, fury X is better, it is also smaller, but 980ti has the crown

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

I think AMD is winning currently on the basis of how their GPUs perform and how much they cost.

Though in terms of sales Nvidia is in the lead.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Depends on what you mean by "winning" currently amd is winning the mid tier in performance true but they kinda shot themselves in the foot economically due to their drivers being the reason they were lagging with the 2xx series, thus is the reason why they currently are losing  82 to 18 in market share, their money woes are creating more money woes for them.

Winning has many different definitions. You could consider winning to be just better, but winning can also mean market share wise. Thats were it could go down to opinion 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

it has been tested, and because of Fury X's small amount of RAM and its poor driver support (cannot be OCed) the 980ti takes it.

if VRAM isnt an issue, sure, in raw FLOPS, fury X is better, it is also smaller, but 980ti has the crown

you have old info it can be overclocked and all those vids about games not using 4gb of vram ...

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

No even still, unless you are talking reference as amd doesn't gain 20% more over nvidia it gains 10-15% more from dx12, also overclocking has to be considered which the furyx doesn't do well at all. Unless the data has recently changed as you suggest, in which case look below.

you have old info it can be overclocked and all those vids about games not using 4gb of vram ...

Well that maybe true, which is a problem amd will have to solve with their management, they could just hold back their releases a little so the full potential of their cards will shine through, rather than releasing a card they haven't made software optimizations for thus clouding the true power of their cards

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Alright. Show me benchmarks. 

youtube and such are blocked for me, and hey from seattle :) 

best i could do 

http://www.techspot.com/review/1019-radeon-r9-390x-390-380/page3.html

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Not bad, not bad.

Also, nice to see another Seattler on the forums.

btw, any way i can join the lenny crew server ;). i personally don't like discord ( i accidentally said that to one of the main programmers face during pax, not knowing who he was lol) i would still like to join :) 

AMD wins at price to performance (970 vs 390) and nVidia wins at high end market (Fury X vs 980 Ti). The thing that I have to say that nVidia wins at is drivers, in the past I've had many issues with AMD drivers and only a few little issues with nVidia drivers. Also nVidia does a better job at releasing drivers for up coming games vs AMD expects you to wait for their game ready driver. This is not "fanboy" talk, this is purely based off of my own experiences of owning both GPU's in the past/present.

Well... I can not agree with you... I´m getting terrible issues with my gtx 860m... had to clean install my drivers 4 times in the last three weeks and I can not use any new "gameready" drivers because it makes my games not to launch. I never ever had any problems with my r9 280 OC and I´m getting great performance, even in NV-games like W3, AC4, ACU, Metro, etc. Well.. let us say, that we all have problems with both GPU designers.

Can anybody tell me, why they are not buying an AMD product? The obvious answer would be... nah, bad power consumption, no PhysX, etc... but in my opinion, AMD is delivering some great value at every price point.

nVidia.... duh! They have been for 10+ years and a majority of the time since 2003.

post-193641-0-77321900-1447716157_thumb.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM