Am I the only one that doesnt like Fallout 4/3/NV ?

Laurysss

I played NV and it is the worst AAA game I own. Boring and terrible. Shit ton of mods is required just to fix gameplay issues. I spent more time fixing the game than playing it. I played it about 5 hours and I really tried to like it but I just can't... So bad.

I think it's amazing you lasted 3 hours in the game... I was completely bored within 1 hour. Tried continuing but i stopped after about 90 minutes because i couldn't take it anymore. Haven't touched the game since. Never even installed NV because i just don't care about fallout after that horrible experience.

So yeah, you're not the only one that doesn't like fallout.

I have no signature

Fallout New Vegas was the best from the series IMO.

Fallout 3 was...boring. Fallout 4 is uninteresting. After I got past the main focus of the quest at that point and I reached the expected plot-twist, there were little things that kept me motivated other than finishing the game. Seriously, everything after that is just fetch quests for one out of 3 factions , which in the end , has to destroy the other 2 .

This. Fallout 4's story is crap, maybe decent at best, nothing special. The sidequests - almost all of them are fetch quests with nothing interesting. 

Also I hate how you can't decide what to do with the 2 factions at the end(won't spoil for other people) but that fucker just wants to do it his way and whatever you say to his stupid thick skull won't convince him otherwise. And at the end nothing has changed "there is hope" don't give me that bs the guy said the same thing at the start.

The roaming,exploring,looting is fun though and is the only thing keeping me in the game. (but i do have almost 50 hrs already lol)

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

This. Fallout 4's story is crap, maybe decent at best, nothing special. The sidequests - almost all of them are fetch quests with nothing interesting. 

Also I hate how you can't decide what to do with the 2 factions at the end(won't spoil for other people) but that fucker just wants to do it his way and whatever you say to his stupid thick skull won't convince him otherwise. And at the end nothing has changed "there is hope" don't give me that bs the guy said the same thing at the start.

The roaming,exploring,looting is fun though and is the only thing keeping me in the game. (but i do have almost 50 hrs already lol)

Exactly.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I liked fallout 3 in 2008

Fallout 4 looks like a sad joke that beth hasn't learned anything about game design since 2008

Looks? Have you actually played it yet? If you liked Fallout 3 you should love FA4 I think the leaked gameplay and graphics make it look bad but I'm running it on ultra and it looks like other games coming out this time. There's some bugs (like all Bethesda games) but nothing game breaking (reload and its gone). I started playing at launch and already threw in over 24 hrs and only completed 4-5 quests (its all about the settlements for me ;) )

For the other negative comments, it just sounds like most of you just do like RPG/open world games in general lol. Its fine of course, some of us like FPS, others RPG, etc.

Fallout, and most bethesda games, have so-so main story lines. Its the world itself and options that get people spending +100 hours in one game. For me, I've stopped playing main quest when I got to the first city and have just been spending hours building up settlements (pretty much a whole game in itself). I just like the feel and back story of the fallout universe.

Since its already end of Nov, FA4 is def my GOTY for 2015 and might be one of my favs of all time (need to actually finish the story to confirm). 

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Looks? Have you actually played it yet? If you liked Fallout 3 you should love FA4 I think the leaked gameplay and graphics make it look bad but I'm running it on ultra and it looks like other games coming out this time.

I do like RPGS, and beth seems to be hunting for a different kind of customer than me due that atrocious dialogue system and ripping out stats. They've been getting more and more casual since Skyrim or Oblivion depending on who you ask and FO4 is a new low.

As far as I can help out I will never give Bethesda another penny after the mess that some people call Skyrim

Witcher 3 & BloodBorne are tied for my game of the year right now. Only because MGSV was a massive fail is that not in top, but fallout was never on my radar to begin with.

GeekJump, on 16 Nov 2015 - 1:44 PM, said:

I'm running it on ultra and it looks like other games coming out this time.

JfwEtrJ.png

Graphics aren't all that important to me, i'm currently playing through FFVII so that i can know what to complain about when the remake comes out and i think it looks good. But lying to yourself and saying Fallout 4 looks as good as other games in 2015 is unhealthy.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Graphics aren't all that important to me, i'm currently playing through FFVII so that i can know what to complain about when the remake comes out and i think it looks good. But lying to yourself and saying Fallout 4 looks as good as other games in 2015 is unhealthy.

eww! What computer was running that?!?! My game looks nothing like that screen grab xD If it did I wouldn't make the comment I did. When I get that close to character I see details in their face and clothes, not smooth skin and blurry lines.

I'm not saying FA4 has the best graphics to come out this year, but if I look at it I can strongly say "this looks like a 2015 game". But when you're packing that much into a game you can't really try and push graphics too much (if you take time to explore, Bethesda went way beyond the landscape details in past games) 

But I do agree about the drop in dialogue. In older Bethesda games I had to think about my choices, now it clearly points out (a) neutral (b) good guy option © bad option (d) joke but I never thought of it as a series with deep dialogue/story anyway.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

I don't understand that comment...

30 hours is a VERY long time to allow someone to formulate an opinion. There are plenty of people who may not even enjoy long games, and the game's main quest is beatable in half that.

And if a game has struggled to keep someone invested for 30 hours, it had not worked. Playing a game for n hours should never be a factor as to whether or not one's opinion of a game should be validated.

There's also the fact that fundamentally, the game isn't much different from the end than it is at the end. Players can and will lose steam with it.

I did twice with Fallout 3. Yes, my example of Daikatana is not ideal since it's unanimously regarded as terrible, but Fallout 3 has issues of its own

The combat in FO3 isn't much better than Daikatana's for instance. It's pretty stiff and clearly designed as somewhat of an afterthought.

I'm not fond of FO3 however due to it feeling weirdly more like a brown skeleton of a game. A skeleton which New Vegas added to by being the meatier game, in terms of gameplay and narrative. And location.

What even is this analogy...

I'll use a different one for a different game.

Final Fantasy VII. I don't like it.

I trudged through it for as near as damnit 40 hours. That's a LONG time to try and like a game.

I gave up at some point a few years back and haven't really played through it since, simply because I lost patience with it and had no desire to experience it again.

I felt those 40 hours were wasted. I could have played a variety of different games with that time I had used on trying to beat a game I did not enjoy.

Why should players who dislike Fallout 3 have to go through the same processes I did with Final Fantasy VII?

You're right, FO3 main quest can be beat in less than 30 hours, but once you mod the game, those 30 hours can turn into hundreds of hours.

And I can see why is not a game for everybody, but that's no reason to say the game is bad, it could be boring for some people but not a bad game, hell, my friend has never played FO3 and doesn't like the game because it has laser and plasma weapons in a world that looks from the 50's.

The combat system in FO3 is bad and meh at most that's true, I can't speak for NV because I only played NV for like 20 hours and I found it boring on the xbox 360, I have not played it on PC but I'm sure some mods could make me enjoy the game.

As for FFVII I can't say anything since I have not played any FF game, and even then, you can't really compare FF and FO3 as they are both different genres .

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Some serious Nonsense Statements here. People who get bored or say FO4 is a Joke arent made for for this kind of Sandbox Game. I dont buy CoD and say what a boring Crap it is too.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

"From what I hear fallout ain't nothing like Skyrim, they've got dead forests and dusty badlands.  It sounds awful.". - Ysolda

You should have listened more closely to the misses.

I never liked New Vegas, it was the most linear out of all of them and a very dull atmosphere. Aside from that, they give you DLC for more weapons and ammo... There is barely anything in that game to shoot at about half the playthrough for me.

Most Bethesda games are terrible from the get-go. People just say they are good because they have mods that'd help fix everything wrong with them.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

I never liked New Vegas, it was the most linear out of all of them and a very dull atmosphere. Aside from that, they give you DLC for more weapons and ammo... There is barely anything in that game to shoot at about half the playthrough for me.

Most Bethesda games are terrible from the get-go. People just say they are good because they have mods that'd help fix everything wrong with them.

False. People who like freedom in games like those Games. I love Fallout, every Fallout with and without mods.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I learned recently that my brother took 3 days of vacation from work. When he woke up each morning, he'd drive to our mother's house to play it on her huge TV in the basement all day... to avoid distractions from his wife and kids.  :lol:  He'd then go home in the very late afternoon.   

I then asked him what he thinks of it. He said, "I like it a lot."   :P

I don't like it.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it. :P

...you can't really compare FF and FO3 as they are both different genres .

......They're both RPGs.

They may handle their gameplay mostly worlds apart from one another, but they are the same genre. The comparison still stands.

There's also the fact that they're both rather long games that require a considerable time investment from the end of the player. If the player isn't willing to invest time into their game, then it's lost their interest, as has happened with my and FFVII.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

Speak for yourself, I love bethesda games, and I never use mods for ANY game, none for skyrim, none for fallout, 3 nv or 4

just plain vanilla and have put a lot of time into them

I just like the games, I dont have to make excuses for like something you dont

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Speak for yourself, I love bethesda games, and I never use mods for ANY game, none for skyrim, none for fallout, 3 nv or 4

just plain vanilla and have put a lot of time into them

I just like the games, I dont have to make excuses for like something you dont

Bethesda Games are my Favorite too. My first playthrough is always Vanilla. Second with Mods.

Yeah NV was the weakest in my opinion because of being too linear and empty compared to the others. But I liked most Bethesda games w/o needing mods. I have played all but FA4 on consoles and not planning to install any mods until I complete the game on vanilla first. Loving it so far

I learned recently that my brother took 3 days of vacation from work. When he woke up each morning, he'd drive to our mother's house to play it on her huge TV in the basement all day... to avoid distractions from his wife and kids.  :lol:  He'd then go home in the very late afternoon.   

I then asked him what he thinks of it. He said, "I like it a lot."   :P

Yeah my brother had a bunch vacation days stocked up and just started his *two week* staycation for Fallout 4 binging xD. I could only get 1 week off :/ (it's just not enough)

Played the game for 3hrs. Reached Diamond City. Boring as fuck.

And I didnt rate the game I just stated my opinion.

How they hell did you get there in 3hrs? I'm 21 in and nowhere near it. Did you just go straight there or what?

How they hell did you get there in 3hrs? I'm 21 in and nowhere near it. Did you just go straight there or what?

Yeah, he sounds like one of those 'straight to the main quest' type of guys. I think I was 10hr in before I decided to go there and that was only because I needed more store options :P . After that, I've held off any more quests there (especially since I heard that some of them are meant to be played later in the game)

I can see how the game can be boring.  I started to get bored with the game(story) and then I started to build up my town.  12 hours later, I still find it fun to scavenge parts and build up my town. I think once I get bored of that, I may try the story line again. 

I have a potato!

Fallout, nope never liked it, not any of them.

But I'm a Witcher-fan, guess I'm more of the medieval genres/fantasy.

......They're both RPGs.

They may handle their gameplay mostly worlds apart from one another, but they are the same genre. The comparison still stands.

There's also the fact that they're both rather long games that require a considerable time investment from the end of the player. If the player isn't willing to invest time into their game, then it's lost their interest, as has happened with my and FFVII.

Are NFS Underground and Project Cars the same?, they are both racing games yet you can't compare them, the same goes for FF and FO games.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.