Am I the only one that doesnt like Fallout 4/3/NV ?

Laurysss

Its just boring. And somehow its not fluent, chopy. (gameplay not fps). Story is nothing special at all. Had a little fun entering some cheats but then the game broke...

Anyone here feels the same?

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Have you completed any of them?

Why would I complete a game I dont like?

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

I don't find them interesting enough to even pick up.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Why would I complete a game I dont like?

To be even able to actually rate the game instead of a few minutes of impressions of a game.

To be even able to actually rate the game instead of a few minutes of impressions of a game.

Played the game for 3hrs. Reached Diamond City. Boring as fuck.

And I didnt rate the game I just stated my opinion.

NAZIS WILL RISE.

I like Fallout more than Skyrim, but yeah, not the best game in my eyes, not the most fun.

Mass effect is better.  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Same here. I don't like the Witcher series too.

CPU: i5 4690K @ Stock                GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX @ Stock      SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB (OS and Drivers)     Headset: Audio-Technica M20X

Case: Corsair Obsidian 250D        RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB LP             HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB                                         Mouse: Logitech m185

OS: Windows 8.1 OEM                 PSU: Corsair RM650                                Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97N Mini ITX                         Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K65 RGB

idk the the graphics and general gameplay (from reviews) just makes me want to stay away from it. 

Or it could be like Bioshock Infinite where the story just blew my head and end up as one of the best games

idk the the graphics and general gameplay (from reviews) just makes me want to stay away from it. 

Or it could be like Bioshock Infinite where the story just blew my head and end up as one of the best games

Even if the story is really good, you have to play trough it to the end and suffer from the gameplay....

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Same here. I don't like the Witcher series too.

I didnt like witcher too. Its still better then fallout though.

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Fallout New Vegas was the best from the series IMO.

Fallout 3 was...boring. Fallout 4 is uninteresting. After I got past the main focus of the quest at that point and I reached the expected plot-twist, there were little things that kept me motivated other than finishing the game. Seriously, everything after that is just fetch quests for one out of 3 factions , which in the end , has to destroy the other 2 .

While New Vegas kept me really hooked with its surreal anarchistic politics and dark humour , Fallout 4 just...doesn't really do anything.

Not to mention the horrible state at launch , the bad animations and not impressive graphics and , oh God , that dialogue system.

CT1Xq4TUwAA2sG7.png

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

To be blunt, if someone does not like a game, they shouldn't have to complete it to be able to have their opinions validated.

I hate Daikatana, for instance, but I never beat the game. Hell, I never got past the first block of levels, simply because of how awful I felt the game was.

Is my opinion hereby invalidated because I've played a relatively small portion of the game?

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

You are not alone! I've never had any interest in them at all.

This isn't the first thread about Fallout where someone started it simply to say they have no interest......... so even though there's a lot of hype around it and people generally seem to like it, there is a crowd of us who do not. Although I think that's typical with any game. 

I liked Fallout 3 well enough but it wasn't too great. New Vegas was utter trash and a disgrace. Fallout 4 is fun.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

I liked fallout 3 in 2008

Fallout 4 looks like a sad joke that beth hasn't learned anything about game design since 2008

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

I don't like the modern fallout games at all. The original game style was something I played quite a bit but in moving to the 3D era its changed its gameplay quite a bit. I mostly just consider it typical Bethesda game really, they make this buggy open world games with tonnes of busy work and long drawn out stories that some people find riveting but which I find deeply boring.

I really didn't like 3 or NV, but I LOVE Fallout 4. Just today I played for 7 hours straight, God help me....

PC Specs   - Black and White Build

Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97S Krait LGA 1150

Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 1600MHZ

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 (Will be upgrading this soon)

EVGA 500W PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White

If you played Fallout 3/NV less than 30 hours, you have no right to say it's boring.

I have not played FO4 yet, so I can't say anything about it.

To be blunt, if someone does not like a game, they shouldn't have to complete it to be able to have their opinions validated.

I hate Daikatana, for instance, but I never beat the game. Hell, I never got past the first block of levels, simply because of how awful I felt the game was.

Is my opinion hereby invalidated because I've played a relatively small portion of the game?

Well, you attempted to play Daikatana, we all know how bad that game is.

You have a point using Daikatana, but Fallout 3 is not Daikatana :P.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

If you don't like it, you don't like it. I dislike Call of Duty with the exception of CoD4, don't even know why I like that one honestly considering it's mostly rehash anyway throughout the series, but I enjoy the competitive play in it far more than the others.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

Fallout    - 60h

Fallout 2 - Not yet completed

Fallout 3 - About 600h

Fallout NV- 320h

Fallout 4 - In progress

Yea, so.., different strokes for different folks.

Everyone has their personal opinion on games they like. I love fallout 3,NV,4 but I hate skyrim. I love the atmosphere, the gunplay is now AMAZING compared to other games, while I personally never even started the main quest (50 hours in) I'm loving the side quests and side stories that you encounter. I cleared out this raider base and read the leaders terminal and it talked about how her sister got kidnapped by other raiders and was ransoming her for food. A few hours later I find where the ransomer was with his raider crew and cleared it out and read on his terminal how he kidnapped the girl but she escaped so he killed her and has been writing the latest letters on his own. It also mentioned how I killed the raider that he was ransoming the girl to. It's the littlest things that make that game great, and if it has a half decent story as good as New Vegas than I'll be just as happy.

I also love how I convinced a robot to marry a man

And how Codsworth says my real name. I freaked out about that too.

If you played Fallout 3/NV less than 30 hours, you have no right to say it's boring.

I have not played FO4 yet, so I can't say anything about it.

Well, you attempted to play Daikatana, we all know how bad that game is.

You have a point using Daikatana, but Fallout 3 is not Daikatana [emoji14].

I don't understand that comment...

30 hours is a VERY long time to allow someone to formulate an opinion. There are plenty of people who may not even enjoy long games, and the game's main quest is beatable in half that.

And if a game has struggled to keep someone invested for 30 hours, it had not worked. Playing a game for n hours should never be a factor as to whether or not one's opinion of a game should be validated.

There's also the fact that fundamentally, the game isn't much different from the end than it is at the end. Players can and will lose steam with it.

I did twice with Fallout 3. Yes, my example of Daikatana is not ideal since it's unanimously regarded as terrible, but Fallout 3 has issues of its own

The combat in FO3 isn't much better than Daikatana's for instance. It's pretty stiff and clearly designed as somewhat of an afterthought.

I'm not fond of FO3 however due to it feeling weirdly more like a brown skeleton of a game. A skeleton which New Vegas added to by being the meatier game, in terms of gameplay and narrative. And location.

What even is this analogy...

I'll use a different one for a different game.

Final Fantasy VII. I don't like it.

I trudged through it for as near as damnit 40 hours. That's a LONG time to try and like a game.

I gave up at some point a few years back and haven't really played through it since, simply because I lost patience with it and had no desire to experience it again.

I felt those 40 hours were wasted. I could have played a variety of different games with that time I had used on trying to beat a game I did not enjoy.

Why should players who dislike Fallout 3 have to go through the same processes I did with Final Fantasy VII?

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

some people like it, some dont

personally its the most fun and excitement I have had in a game for many years (and you all know I own A LOT of games)

I genuinely (30 hours in) would put it in my top 10 games list

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii