Least favorite thing about your school computers?

flibberdipper

I do not even know where to begin...

Knowledge is power and power corrupts, So study hard and be evil.   

They're all Dell or crapbooks

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core 12 Threads Motherboard TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING RAM 32GB Dual-Channel DDR4 GPU 11GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti Case be quiet! White OS Linux Mint Cinnamon

Don't have administrator rights so the mouse acceleration just bugs me out because I cant change them (Have mouse accel off on my com due to CSGO)

Quote me if you want me to see your message. Like my post if it helped. Click "Show More" to see things that I use.

Desktop (2014): CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.50GHz | GPU: MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Motherboard: MSi Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1600MHz + 2x4GB HyperX Black 1600MHz | SSD: Samsung 750 Evo 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212x | PSU: Corsair VS650 | Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus | OS: Windows 10 Home

Laptop (2017): Model: Asus UX310U

Peripherals: Monitor: Samsung S24D300 OC@75Hz + Viewsonic XG2401 (144Hz) | Mouse: Logitech G305 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Headset: HyperX Cloud Core | Speakers: Logitech Z333 | Additional: Logitech G29

Mobiles: Samsung Pixon (2010-2012) | Samsung Galaxy Ace (2012-2013) | Samsung Galaxy S3 (2013-2016) | Samsung Note 4 (2015)(Lost) | Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016-2019) | Samsung Galaxy S10 (2019 - Current) | Additional: ASUS Zenwatch 2 (2016)

20 mins in of installing drivers when I get an error about not supporting newer versions of DirectX.

post-11076-0-70442900-1447725010_thumb.j

When we get a i3 2120 in they get snatched up very quickly by teachers. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

At my school we have this huge huge room (actually 3 classrooms put together) called the center and they're lined with computers everywhere. They're for students to do their homework, and to check email

The worst part by far is the is the filters. They're not too strict, but you can't go on social media and most game sites are blocked. I got a VPN extension for chrome so that's solved

The next worst is the rule about no games. Not about the hardware itself, but related. I've never seen all of the computers used up at once, so that argument's out, and if you get distracted, move or ask to turn the sound off. Some people don't allow games on phones or personal laptops in the center. Although my former English teacher is alright about personal devices.

The last thing is how weak the computers are. They're Pentiums with 2 or 4 GB of RAM. They're very weak, but for web browsing and illegal flash games, they work very well.

Only minor complaint left is the small 4:3 monitors, but I don't mind and I doubt anyone else does either.

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

P4 2.6GHz, that means 478, also the monitors are hotter than the PCs.

Actually, is there a 2.6GHz P4 for 775, because the chipsets are 865PE(on some machines) and 845G on other?

The GPUs are MX440, and the motherboards don't have LAN port.

1gb ram, XP sp3, but 80gb sata hitachi drives.

Regular PC at school have old i3s and at most of 4 gigs of RAM

the Programming PCs have octo core i7s and 16 GB of ram

they all have 6570s in them

The tablets have Atom x4s and atleast 2 GB of ram

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Well we use Chrome books sooo everything. We do have older i5 desktops which are ok. Im just sick of people thinking that there complete crap (slow) even though there only slow because of the client software.

Oh so I just found out that hence our school uses anythign from the lowest being Q6600s to the hoghest being 4790s, I found outmour autocad labs and graphic design/animation/photoshop labs all use 5820ks

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Pretty much everything is restricted, though other than that the laptops that are given out are quite sufficient. 

Though mine exclusively runs like a PS2 trying to play Crysis 4 at max settings even while it idles.

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

My school has Xeon's for degree students!

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

Slow to open, cant handle 2 cubes on google sketchup even though they have it 4440s I believe.

At one point you could enter the  bios by just spamming delete (i believe) or w/e the buttom to ender the bios on MSI pc-mate (i think) motherboards are.

Crash if no headphones are plugged and you try to use youtube to get help for something.

Photoshop takes like a good 3 minutes to launch.

The server in our school is about as fast as my dads atom cpu based small laptop thing.

We get like 150 Megabytes of storage each (along those lines) and have to deal with photoshop files, images, flash animations etc.

EDIT: Forgot the shitty 'IT' people my school has that dont even know how to rotate the screen or how to make a windescreen monitor run on the correct resolution instead of 4:3 stretched / black bars

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

Their so flipping slow. I hate the fatness of our school and they produce SO MUCH HEAT it unbearable. I'm pretty sure the computers we have at school are still using ddr RAM and dont even have a gig of RAM. ITS FUSTRATING AS ALL *@*&%$.

Their so flipping slow. I hate the fatness of our school and they produce SO MUCH HEAT it unbearable. I'm pretty sure the computers we have at school are still using ddr RAM and dont even have a gig of RAM. ITS FUSTRATING AS ALL *@*&%$.

We used Pentium III - Pentium Ds with 256MB-512MB of RAM. Systems booted Win 2000 or Windows XP with Novell clients on top. You logged into Novel and it provided you with your user profile. It was extremely slow to do anything, and most of the time, the systems were thrashing the page file. I graduated, got a job working for the school district's technology department and we started rolling out Windows 7 based Core 2 Duos. Man, they were awesome in comparison. I later found out they ditched Novell shortly after I left and converted to Google's ecosystem.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

It doesn't have an SSD. Other than that no problem

We have i7 low end GPU's (650 Ti or so, but there is no use for it) and 16GB RAM.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Got an RC? head over to The Rc Thread and tell us about it, or you can just discuss rc in general there as well.

overly obsessed with 2 strokes and RCs

BRAAAAAAPPP

Spoiler

upgrading to:i5 6600k|MSI  z170a SLI Plus|1x8GB HYPERX Black| keeping the rest of my system the same for a few months until i have enough money for a better gpu,psu and an m.2 ssd

Spoiler

my baby:2008 Ktm 125 sx 

Spoiler

current rig:core 2 quad q6600@stock|asus p5q deluxe| 4GB of mix matched ddr2| saphirre r9 270x dual x| hyper212 evo w/ 2 sp120s| corsair cx 500m ikr time bomb| wd blue 1TB| corsair spec- 03|MSX home 64bit|

There isnt anything at my school better then a 3rd gen i3 and 4GB of RAM with intel graphics, but they are good enough for me to run teamviewer off my flash drive so I dont really have a problem.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9DNjLk I like the night theme, it complements my dark basement. If you are reading this then you must also be a fan of the night theme.

01011011 01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01001000 01100101 01110010 01100101 01011101 

The fact that they have keyloggers and screen streaming, the fact that they use the basic theme on windows 7, the fact that the basic theme is used because they have an athlon dual core and 1gb of ram, the fact that they use the dvi to VGA adapters on monitors that support dvi, and the fact that the monitors are 4:3.

Other than that they are fine.

We use i3 dell slim workstation machines, optiplex something for ICT and other subjects. They take forever to boot up, but once logged in, they are kind of good I guess, sometimes there is that occasional lag when the machine freezes but apart from that, it's alright

I go to Ohio State, they make a crazy amount of money off of tuition but the PC i have to use for programming is still an HP slimline series rocking a core 2 duo. While the self help PC's in the libraries are touchscreen i5 or i7's -__- it takes almost 2 minutes to pull up matlab

My current Rig (Memphis) --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jQYWpg