Is there a way to sneak around the parenting internet block on the ruter?

The-SooS
Go to solution Solved by BrightCandle,

It kind of depends what type of block we are talking about. You may find changing your MAC address will make your computer identify differently and then pass through the router, but you will want to save your MAC so it can be restored. Many motherboards allow it to be changed in the bios, and sometimes the drivers for the network card do as well. Have a look in your bios and in your network settings and if not do a bit of searching on the internet and you will find a way to adjust it.

It could however be based on the physical port the machine is plugged into, you may find moving your ethernet cable to another port on the router will free you from the lock.

A lot of routers have vulnerabilities that can be exploited from the local network or weak passwords. Given that you may find a way into the router itself to adjust the settings.

Maybe you have a mobile phone that can be tethered to your computer and hence give you internet while the router is in its blocking period?

Beyond that I am out of ideas, its not like a VPN or web proxy is going to solve the issue as the router is blocking everything not particular sites.

My father have set an internett block on my computer, and it blocks my internett on a specific time every day. Is there a way to sneak around the security?

Login to your router and change the settings?

Talk to your dad to stop it?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

if its on your actual computer its probably pass worded? i just do a clean install =p and its gone. if its on the router your probably boned

hm. so is the whole Internetconnection offline? Or just your PC?

Student - Budgetbuilder - trying to save as much money as possible :D    | I love clean Setups |

PC: i5-3470. GTX660. 8GB DDR3. -> 320 USD  | Z3 -> 160USD | selfbuild Speakersystem -> 21USD

How old are you? Please learn to spell :)

Sorry, im norwegian...

LMAO

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

It is the router thats blocking the internett, not the PC

It is the router thats blocking the internett, not the PC

we could tell you..but probably shouldn't

I'm 17, not a little kid. Please help.

theres no way for us to verify that

and if your dads blocking the net at that age

something seem wrong there

I delt with this when i was young to... but for me it was the Dial-up password.  I got around it through a little program called 007-password that I put on a floppy, that allowed me to read ******.   Or then there was the time they pass worded windows and you just boot in safe-mode, cause they never Passworded the bios....

For you, Id assume that the internet works for some computers the real question is- did he block YOUR computer? OR did he block EVERYONE but a few selected devices... I mean really at the end of the day you can buy a 100ft CAT cable and go around the router :)

**EDIT**  17? lol, thats BS...

Computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZczbWZ ~$950

Computer w/ Peripherals: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/mZNNnQ ~$1650

Case: Blue s340 painted black CPU: 4790K OC to 4.5MHz Cooler: Dark Rock 3 GPU: Powercolor R9-290 MOBO: z97 MSI Gaming 5 RAM: Fury HyperX 2x8GB 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair rm750x Storage: 250GB 850 EVO & 1TB WD Black HeadPhones: HD598 SE Speakers: MAckie CR4 SE Keyboard: K70 Cherry-Brown Mouse: G9x Fans: Prolimatech Vortex 140mm

I delt with this when i was young to... but for me it was the Dial-up password.  I got around it through a little program called 007-password that I put on a floppy, that allowed me to read ******.   Or then there was the time they pass worded windows and you just boot in safe-mode, cause they never Passworded the bios....

For you, Id assume that the internet works for some computers the real question is- did he block YOUR computer? OR did he block EVERYONE but a few selected devices... I mean really at the end of the day you can buy a 100ft CAT cable and go around the router :)

**EDIT**  17? lol, thats BS...

He only blocked my computer

theres no way for us to verify that

and if your dads blocking the net at that age

something seem wrong there

i can confirm that he is 17, but i can not verify it. he is my friend.

We've now got three different subjects going on, an Asian fox and motorbike fetish, two guys talking about Norway invasions and then some other people talking about body building... This thread is turning into a free for all fetish infested Norwegian circle jerk.

He only blocked my computer

Sounds like you need to make your computer "appear" to not be your computer...  

Case: Blue s340 painted black CPU: 4790K OC to 4.5MHz Cooler: Dark Rock 3 GPU: Powercolor R9-290 MOBO: z97 MSI Gaming 5 RAM: Fury HyperX 2x8GB 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair rm750x Storage: 250GB 850 EVO & 1TB WD Black HeadPhones: HD598 SE Speakers: MAckie CR4 SE Keyboard: K70 Cherry-Brown Mouse: G9x Fans: Prolimatech Vortex 140mm

Sounds like you need to make your computer "appear" to not be your computer...  

How do i do that?

if he only blocked you..im guessing it did it in the router

however even if we tel you how to bypass it...im assuming he will just block you again after you bypass it this time

My father have set an internett block on my computer, and it blocks my internett on a specific time every day. Is there a way to sneak around the security?

You can set up a pfSense router between your pc and the router you are blocked from. 

We've now got three different subjects going on, an Asian fox and motorbike fetish, two guys talking about Norway invasions and then some other people talking about body building... This thread is turning into a free for all fetish infested Norwegian circle jerk.

***cough***IP***cough**

***cough***MAC***cough**

***cough***dual boot**cough**

not sure, but maybe this is a good time to research how your computers is uniquely identified by your router....  google "how is my computer uniquely identified"  

***cough***IP***cough**

id say more like mac address