Fallout 4 and season pass for $65. Go for it?

Doughnutnator

I can get Fallout 4 + Season pass for that price.

Do you recommend going for it now?

I'm asking because prices are going up, maybe because the release or something, basically i'm paying 40-43$ for the base game and like 25-26 for the Season pass.

I'm a Fallout fan, and I loved 3 (NVegas not so much, but I know F4 is more like F3)

Thoughts?

I recommend not buying AAA games until they're released and shown to be a decent PC version.

no, you buy game on launch day after reviews and then season pass after dlc is announced and you can judge if its worth it

I only pre-ordered Fallout 4 because I have enough trust in it not being shit, theres always a chance, but bethesda are usually pretty decent guys.

It seems like a good deal OP, probs would get it if I didnt already have the pip-boy pre-ordered hehe

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

plz no

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Fynman

Don't pre order, there Is no need to pre order. People did this back In the day when there maybe wasnt enough copies for the game, this Is not the case today...

Don't pre order, there Is no need to pre order. People did this back In the day when there maybe wasnt enough copies for the game, this Is not the case today...

plz no

no, you buy game on launch day after reviews and then season pass after dlc is announced and you can judge if its worth it

I recommend not buying AAA games until they're released and shown to be a decent PC version.

I kinda trust Bethesda, but maybe I will wait until release time... Thanks :D

No.  Purchase the game once there are reviews out, and the reviews are to your liking.  Do not purchase a Season Pass without knowing what content is coming with it.

Never trust Bethesda.

Bethesda isn't really known for screwing over the PC community, and even when they have, theyve given us the tools to just remake the game we want to.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

No.  Purchase the game once there are reviews out, and the reviews are to your liking.  Do not purchase a Season Pass without knowing what content is coming with it.

Never trust Bethesda.

I'm going to follow your advice, anyways, why not trust them?

They didn't dissappointed me with Fallout 3 & NV, same thing with their DLC's...

They didn't dissappointed me with Fallout 3 & NV, same thing with their DLC's...

Even though they release modding tools, they, just like Ubisoft, release broken games but Bethesda just lets the community fix everything.

dont preorder

cqt63li4y604o9k3nzore4i7q.500x350x10.gif

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I like Bethesda. But i wait after Release and buy a Season Pass when there is something to buy. I dont pay for promises.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

If everyone followed your advise, who would you listen to in order to know the game is good? Paid reviewers? Paid magazines? I'll stick to reviewing the game myself, thank you.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

If everyone followed your advise, who would you listen to in order to know the game is good? Paid reviewers? Paid magazines? I'll stick to reviewing the game myself, thank you.

Totalbiscuit. DigitalFoundry; literally any tech site that does benchmarks as well to see how well the game runs.

I'm not referring to basement dweller journalism of Kotaku and Polygon, mate.

the season pass is weird. we don't even know what bethesda is gonna offer. heck the game isn't even out yet. 

honestly it's up to you if you want to pre-order. 

then pre-order it. but be aware that there's a chance the release will be a buggy mess.. 

Totalbiscuit. DigitalFoundry; literally any tech site that does benchmarks as well to see how well the game runs.

I'm not referring to basement dweller journalism of Kotaku and Polygon, mate.

So you like to follow, that's cool. Follow. Like I said, I don't follow. I'm not anyone else and my tastes are my own. I'd rather risk a bad experience with a game taking point, than miss a good one following others.

So you like to follow, that's cool. Follow. Like I said, I don't follow. I'm not anyone else and my tastes are my own. I'd rather risk a bad experience with a game taking point, than miss a good one following others.

It's not "follow", and it's not about listening to someone else's opinion about the game.

You watch the review video since it includes gameplay footage of the platform you're playing on: pay attention to the game, how it runs, etc. Then you decide if you wanna buy it.

If you wanna keep giving companies their money back before their game even releases, keep doing it. Just don't bitch that the game is bad and you got ripped off when it happens.

It's not "follow", and it's not about listening to someone else's opinion about the game.

You watch the review video since it includes gameplay footage of the platform you're playing on: pay attention to the game, how it runs, etc. Then you decide if you wanna buy it.

If you wanna keep giving companies their money back before their game even releases, keep doing it. Just don't bitch that the game is bad and you got ripped off when it happens.

So it's better to bitch about how others spend their own money? :lol:  If you have to trust someone to provide an unbiased representation of a game, that's following. It also leads to youtubers with too much power, because of have too many followers.

I can get Fallout 4 + Season pass for that price.

Do you recommend going for it now?

I'm asking because prices are going up, maybe because the release or something, basically i'm paying 40-43$ for the base game and like 25-26 for the Season pass.

I'm a Fallout fan, and I loved 3 (NVegas not so much, but I know F4 is more like F3)

Thoughts?

Honestly the best choice to wait for reputable reviews and benchmarks. Bethesda usually have history of releasing buggy games so you might have to wait a few days to play. Honestly, it's up to you but take a look at what happened with Batman. Wait it out and pick it up if you're okay with it. Though I guess you could ask Steam for a refund if you're not over their limit for a refund.

So it's better to bitch about how others spend their own money? :lol:  If you have to trust someone to provide an unbiased representation of a game, that's following. It also leads to youtubers with too much power, because of have too many followers.

I don't know what you're getting at to be honest. You're making this out into something that it's not.

I subscribe to specific channels because they're reliable in a somewhat objective manner. I watch their videos to see how the game performs which is the first thing I look for, then I see if the game delivers on all of the features they were promising. I don't care about their opinions for the most part.

I'm not bitching about people spending their own money. I said if you get burned on a pre-order if the game turns out to be shit, then you have no room to bitch about it because you gave the company their money back before their game even released.

its a bit dated at this point, but ever play Oblivion? when it was released there were entire quest lines, including main story that werent in the game yet. Main story npc that didnt exist. i dont even know how long it was before they fixed it. Skyrim was a bit better, but Morrowind was just as bad.  Doesnt matter who made the game, preordering is just bad at this point.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

They're never "unbiased" but they'll make points about the game and I can personally decide if the upsides outweigh what the reviewer didn't like. I sometimes watch nerd3, I also disagree with some of his stances on games because some of the things that bother him don't bother me and vice versa. I watch him play and hear what the game is, he decides if he likes it, it decide if I agree. Also, do you honestly believe I should play every AAA game that looks like it could be cool, I don't have that money and HAVE TO do at least some research before buying, else i'm throwing $80 NZ down the drain every month. 

Edit: Having said all that, I do prefer to watch Rooster Teeth more and prefer their policy of not doing 'game reviews' and just uploading videos of them having fun in games instead. This gives me an even better idea of what playing the game is actually like and whether it is up my ally.

Also, digital pre-orders simply invite the developers to rush games and allow for unfinished games to be released. It essentially says that they get x amount of money no matter what and to NO benefit to the consumer. They were originally for physical games stores testing how many copies to stock as well as the consumer ensuring they got a copy on release but now their just a way of monetizing hype. 

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Fynman