Help please my parents won't let me get a gaming tower

To order stuff on Amazon instead of asking my mum every 5mins

You're 12, going on 13... You should ask your parents, and don't nag them, that's probably why they say no in the first place, because you nag nag nag. I look back and think, wow, I was an annoying little shit asking for things all the time. Also that's not a legit reason to having one... 

Day 1: Bring it up in a conversation, say hey great parents, I've been researching computers a lot lately and they're pretty interesting.

Day 2: I've been looking around, and I think I might want to buy some parts - See what they have to say

Day 3: Mom, I've been looking, I found all of the parts I want and it will cost (Tell them how much) Explain why these parts are needed and why you don't want a cheaper version of each part.

Day 5-6: More serious, but don't nag, just bring it up. Hey have you been thinking about letting me buy the parts? I'm willing to use all of my money.

WAIT A FEW DAYS! If they don't bring it up, just kind of bring it into a conversation in a few days. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

Tell them you need a PC for school work, and you want to fit a graphics card inside so that you can play games since its cheaper to buy a graphics card than a PS4

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

`Meanwhile when I was 13, was waiting for call of duty black ops to come out....

Anyway, well you said you're using your own money, so assuming that you earned it through some sort of work. Then instead of just buying the motherboard, just save up til you have enough for everything, buy it altogether and your parents cant dispose of it because you've already spent that much and its assembled. 

I'm sure if you did something to make your parents proud/happy, they would reconsider.

I got a MSI INTEL LGA1150 B85-G41 PC MATE by Gigabyte

They think that I should get a Xbox or Mac

I don't know all I have is a 10year old laptop a iPad and Xbox 360(Cart play any of the new games on)

13 this year

Firstly. You just gave an example of a motherboard from MSI and said it was from Gigabyte, that alone kind of shows me that you need to do way more research.

I also think that the fact that your parents don't want you to have a tower PC is dumb and you should elaborate on why they think that.

If you really are interested in it (Like I am, a 14 year old with a "mid range" PC) then prove it to them.

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

`Meanwhile when I was 13, was waiting for call of duty black ops to come out....

Anyway, well you said you're using your own money, so assuming that you earned it through some sort of work. Then instead of just buying the motherboard, just save up til you have enough for everything, buy it altogether and your parents cant dispose of it because you've already spent that much and its assembled. 

I'm sure if you did something to make your parents proud/happy, they would reconsider.

My dad said he would think about getting a PC in 5 years I will be out the house in 5 years

Nationwide has banking? Dafuq? Also I've never seen a place in my entire life that gives debit cards to someone under 16. Where do you live? 

It isn't really a debit card. It is a "re-loadable pre-paid card."

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000

It isn't really a debit card. It is a "re-loadable pre-paid card."

You can still use it for Internet banking

My dad said he would think about getting a PC in 5 years I will be out the house in 5 years

You saying this makes me think you should not build a pc. You think when your 18 your just going to be able to do whatever you want and move out? Because trust me thats not the case  ;)

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

Honestly, at 13 you're basically at your parents' mercy. The only thing you can do is try to convince them, but that's basically all you can do. 

Basic question: what are you trying to build? What specs? 

I don't understand the situation.

1st question: Why did you buy something without telling your parents? (You're a minor)

2nd question: Who are you getting your money from exactly?

Follow-up to the second question: Did you tell this person that the money will go into a PC?

3rd question: Do you even know the basics and brands in the PC world?

I don't understand the situation.

1st question: Why did you buy something without telling your parents? (You're a minor)

2nd question: Who are you getting your money from exactly?

Follow-up to the second question: Did you tell this person that the money will go into a PC?

3rd question: Do you even know the basics and brands in the PC world?

Because I wanted show them how i feel about this stuff/computing and they would of said no(they said they would of said no)

I work for my dad sometimes and earn £20 a day

I earned it

Yes Intel navidia amd the big ones then gigabyte msi

Because I wanted show them how i feel about this stuff/computing and they would of said no(they said they would of said no)

I earned it

please do more research before buying stuff... what you just said in your last sentence means you have zero idea how to piece together a working computer. Thats like me saying i know what tv to get. Samsung lg and apple chromecast :)

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

please do more research before buying stuff... what you just said in your last sentence means you have zero idea how to piece together a working computer. Thats like me saying i know what tv to get. Samsung lg and apple chromecast :)

I have done lots of reaserch also this motherboard was recommended by a school friend

I earned it

First of all, working for your dad means you still get money from your parents/family

Second, earning it is quite true, but I believe he gives you money for a reward basis rather than an actual source of income

Third, those brands are very general, you need to learn more brands than those

Fourth, there are so many models made by those companies, you'll need to learn them

PS: Gigabyte and MSI are 2 companies out of 40 that I know still exist or have been obsolete 

What should I tell them

so this is pretty much what happened to me when I was about 13 or so (I'm 26 now) and it probably changed my life forever.  I wanted to build a pc for gaming and just learning about PC's with about a 500$ budget that I had saved up from delivering newspapers and doing various mowing and snow removal.  My parents (being the cautious, bible banging type) said something like "my GOD! then you'd be able to access the internet!  EVIL!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!"  so I bought a PS2 instead and somewhat enjoyed it but never really got into gaming that much.  Around college age I got a laptop to do school things on and got more and more interested in PC's but being a laptop I never really got to experiment with it much.  Now about 2 years ago I got my first desktop (secondhand office PC) and LOVED IT!!! I couldn't stop messing with it!  changing hardware, software configuration and even a little gaming!!  Now I"ve built my own PC and still love learning about it and really really wish that I had built that first PC at 13 because instead of working various jobs until I end up working construction (dont get me wrong, its a good job) I would've known that PC's really interest me and I would've more seriously considered IT careers.  Now I'm 26 years old and 6 years into my career in HVAC and I want to go back to school for something computer based.  I probably never will because going to school full time and working full time to pay bills is very difficult and expensive since I'm already paying off student debt.

TL:DR  tell them that it can be a very lucrative career and starting at a young age CAN give you a huge edge in the learning curve that is IT and computers

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

I earned it

Hm, never heard of Navidia. Shows you need to do more research. Make a list of everything you want, and get prices, then let them know. He said he would of said no because you already purchased it. Make a spreadsheet with all of the parts and prices. Might be too late to go back. And working for you dad is still your parent's money since they gave it to you. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

First of all, working for your dad means you still get money from your parents/family

Second, earning it is quite true, but I believe he gives you money for a reward basis rather than an actual source of income

Third, those brands are very general, you need to learn more brands than those

Fourth, there are so many models made by those companies, you'll need to learn them

PS: Gigabyte and MSI are 2 companies out of 40 that I know still exist or have been obsolete

Yes I know stuff like corsair that's all me and my friends talk about like DDR4 and GTX980ti I do know my stuff try me

Yes I know stuff like corsair that's all me and my friends talk about like DDR4 and GTX980ti I do know my stuff try me

Not a test, just curious, do you have a list off all the parts you are buying? If so list them out. 

Current PC: 

You keep asking what to tell them.

Yet have 4 pages to go on.

Keeps coming back full circle.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

so this is pretty much what happened to me when I was about 13 or so (I'm 26 now) and it probably changed my life forever.  I wanted to build a pc for gaming and just learning about PC's with about a 500$ budget that I had saved up from delivering newspapers and doing various mowing and snow removal.  My parents (being the cautious, bible banging type) said something like "my GOD! then you'd be able to access the internet!  EVIL!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!"  so I bought a PS2 instead and somewhat enjoyed it but never really got into gaming that much.  Around college age I got a laptop to do school things on and got more and more interested in PC's but being a laptop I never really got to experiment with it much.  Now about 2 years ago I got my first desktop (secondhand office PC) and LOVED IT!!! I couldn't stop messing with it!  changing hardware, software configuration and even a little gaming!!  Now I"ve built my own PC and still love learning about it and really really wish that I had built that first PC at 13 because instead of working various jobs until I end up working construction (dont get me wrong, its a good job) I would've known that PC's really interest me and I would've more seriously considered IT careers.  Now I'm 26 years old and 6 years into my career in HVAC and I want to go back to school for something computer based.  I probably never will because going to school full time and working full time to pay bills is very difficult and expensive since I'm already paying off student debt.

TL:DR  tell them that it can be a very lucrative career and starting at a young age CAN give you a huge edge in the learning curve that is IT and computers

I already know what I want to do and have scince I was 10 and don't say I might change my mind.

What's the difference between HDMI, VGA, DVI?

Pls. don't use the internet to cheat

Not that I don't want to help, but do you really think a bunch of people on the internet would persuade your parents? If you're starting at a young age, you should start with older parts. That's what I did. If you mess up, no big deal, older parts don't cost a lot. If you mess up with a new fancy motherboard and fry the CPU, guess what? You're now out 500 bucks. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

You keep asking what to tell them.

Yet have 4 pages to go on.

Keeps coming back full circle.

By now you'd think people would start realizing his parents have a point...

My suspicions are that they are worried on two levels. The motherboard costs around $100 (here in Canada) and is one component of many, so they might the overall cost spiralling up to around $1,000 (700GBP). Secondly, the distraction from school work could lead to you struggling at school. What you need to show is that you7 can build a PC for the same price as am XBox (less than for a Mac) and that it will be used for schoolwork primarily and gaming as a second instance.

If I had had a PC at 13, there is NO way I would have got my O'Levels and A'levels .... haha .. no way!

Create a little business plan of the total cost of the PC and how it can help you complete your school work ... and that you will limit your gaming time etc.

Speak sense to them and they might listen ...

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M