Help please my parents won't let me get a gaming tower

I ordered a motherboard with my money on Saturday and it arrived today my mum and dad where furious telling me it's to much money and is not worth it please could you help me purwade them to let me get a gaming PC. Thanks

1) What motherboard did you get.

2) What do they think is a better idea? Do they think that you should not have a PC at all? Or ? How old are you?

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Listen to your parents... Maybe?

I ordered a motherboard with my money on Saturday and it arrived today my mum and dad where furious telling me it's to much money and is not worth it please could you help me purwade them to let me get a gaming PC. Thanks

First off you paid for it? did you use there credit card? If your under 18 you dont really have a choice. Just explain calmly why you want it and if you have the money they should let you get it. 

2) What do they think is a better idea? Do they think that you should not have a PC at all? Or ? How old are you?

Listen to your parents... Maybe?

Both valid points.

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

Spell "persuade" right.

See what budget they'd go down to

From his post, I think he is using his own money.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

From his post, I think he is using his own money.

Just pointing that out. His parents think it's a waste and probably expect a cheap prebuilt to work (No offence @op)

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Perhaps you don't need a gaming PC considering your grammar.

Not saying you need good grammar to have a good PC, but perhaps come up to them with a more valid point...

Tell them you need a more powerful computer to multi-task better... However, based on your grammar, I want to say you probably aren't at that point of school yet...

I got a MSI INTEL LGA1150 B85-G41 PC MATE by Gigabyte

They think that I should get a Xbox or Mac

I don't know all I have is a 10year old laptop a iPad and Xbox 360(Cart play any of the new games on)

13 this year

Just pointing that out. His parents think it's a waste and probably expect a cheap prebuilt to work (No offence @op)

I saw that.. BUT he ordered with his own money? yet his parents got mad at him? meaning hes under 18 so how would he order something with his money? most kids dont have credit cards?

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

Different people have different ideas of how a PC should cost. Esp when their clueless on modern tech.

Explain the HUGE VARIED differences in platforms to them and WHY a Windows PC is what you want.

Consoles can't multi-task or be very multi-functional, Macs can't play the games you wanna play.

Go into more details of your needs, be CALM about it, even if they start to whine, keep a cool head, ask questions WHY THEY think the way they do, and prepare yourself with answers to their questions you think they may ask you. (Why is an Xbox not enough for you?) / (Why don't you get a Mac?)

ALSO - Ignore the people saying your too young to have such a good PC. What the actual F!

It's HIS money.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I don't know all I have is a 10year old laptop a iPad and Xbox 360(Cart play any of the new games on)

13 this year

Get a xbox then. At 13 you dont need a expensive gaming computer. If anything build a cheap $400 computer thats the same price as a console. at 13 you kinda have to do what your parents want.. sense your so young.

How did you go about ordering this?

Why order a Motherboard without anything else?

13 this year

Tell them Mac's are overpriced for the components they have and an Xbox One can't actually play the games at a high framerate and therefore ruins the experience c: Oh and say you did research :P

I saw that.. BUT he ordered with his own money? yet his parents got mad at him? meaning hes under 18 so how would he order something with his money? most kids dont have credit cards?

Debit cards do exist. (I have one and I'm 14 c:)

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Probably; however, my mother thought the same thing. She said why can't her laptop do the same? I downloaded Shadow of Mordor andnher laptop froze haha. I went up to this computer shop near me and they have a few PCs on display with a few GPUs. Went up to one with specs far from what I what but enough to show a difference. Was I believe a i5-4690k and a 8GB 290x. Played 1440p, showed her the price of it and showed her the price of the one I was gonna build. Mine is ( not yet built ) $200 more and has a 980Ti in it :). I am now getting a 850w EVGA GS for my birthday ( hopefully the $20 rebate is going on otherwise I gotta give her $20 )

Tell them Mac's are overpriced for the components they have and an Xbox One can't actually play the games at a high framerate and therefore ruins the experience c: Oh and say you did research :P

Debit cards do exist. (I have one and I'm 14 c:)

True to a point. Most kids dont have them either though until there like 16ish ( atleast around here)

13 this year

msi mobo by gigabyte... what 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

13 this year

Tell them that Mac sucks, XBox is gonna die soon and that a PC will last you a very long time if they let you spend money on it.

Tell them you researched computers, or something.. If they want you to get a crappy PC like a Mac then they might let you spend the same on a very capable gaming rig.

I used to be quite active here.

13 this year

Hey, if it's your money, fuck'em.

Don't go too balls-to-the-wall though.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

13 this year

At 13 you don't need an extreme build, and you had to use their credit card to buy it so that is probably why they are mad, you need to ask them first if you can use. That's like stealing it. I can't just go take my friends credit card without asking them and buy something over $100 and say oh yeah here is the money 2 weeks later. Ask them first, explain why you need it and get their permission. Disobey them when you have your own credit card like I do c: Then they CAN'T tell you no :D Also since you're under 18 technically it's your parents money :P 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

13 this year

Ok, what will you being doing with this PC? What are your hopes and maybe we can help dim them down. I can say, that mobo is far from high end so you must know how to limit yourself with the price of things. What are the other parts you plan on getting soon? ( Try and buy all the parts within like a 2-3 week period. ) Obviously a Mac cannot game, atleast not at or near what a PC can and an Xbox.. Meh. 30FPS plebs xD. Explain to them how much better, how much cheaper a PC will be in the long run. Heck, I paid $9 for Shadow of Mordor. Do not lie, that causes problem. Show facts from outside sources like Austin Evans, Linus, Luke, other lesser known people.

No matter the money spent.....They can't know if its not worth it or not, they are not in the position to argue this if they know nothing about modern technology.

Explain the HUGE VARIED differences in platforms to them and WHY a Windows PC is what you want.

Consoles can't multi-task or be very multi-functional, Macs can't play the games you wanna play.

Go into more details of your needs, be CALM about it, even if they start to whine, keep a cool head, ask questions WHY THEY think the way they do, and prepare yourself with answers to their questions you think they may ask you. (Why is an Xbox not enough for you?) / (Why don't you get a Mac?)

ALSO - Ignore the people saying your too young to have such a good PC. What the actual F!

It's HIS money.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

At 13 you don't need an extreme build, and you had to use their credit card to buy it so that is probably why they are mad, you need to ask them first if you can use. That's like stealing it. I can't just go take my friends credit card without asking them and buy something over $100 and say oh yeah here is the money 2 weeks later. Ask them first, explain why you need it and get their permission. Disobey them when you have your own credit card like I do c: Then they CAN'T tell you no :D Also since you're under 18 technically it's your parents money :P

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

Ok, what will you being doing with this PC? What are your hopes and maybe we can help dim them down. I can say, that mobo is far from high end so you must know how to limit yourself with the price of things. What are the other parts you plan on getting soon? ( Try and buy all the parts within like a 2-3 week period. ) Obviously a Mac cannot game, atleast not at or near what a PC can and an Xbox.. Meh. 30FPS plebs xD. Explain to them how much better, how much cheaper a PC will be in the long run. Heck, I paid $9 for Shadow of Mordor. Do not lie, that causes problem. Show facts from outside sources like Austin Evans, Linus, Luke, other lesser known people.

HardwareCanucks?

oh wait

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Had kind of the same problem , they didnt think it was a waste of money but they thought that building a pc is like disarming a nuclair nuke so the solution was that i found a great 2month used pc and i got it ( :

In your case , show them how gaming pc's are the best , like a $400 pc vs xbox 

my rig ( fx-8370@ 4.6GHz / Nepton 240m/ msi 970 gaming / 16 Gb corsair xms / antec VP700P /  aerocool xpredator x1 white / costum rgb lights / r9 290 direct cu2 / 1 TB hhd/ sandisk 128gb ssd / adata SP900 128gb )

peripherals ( steelseries apex / sharkoon fireglider black / razer goliathus / lg25ub55 )

Say "Mom I really want this, it is my money, if it isn't worth it let me learn from my own experiences. If it is my money let me do what I want with it. I may be a mistake, but you warned me, if it is a mistake it is my fault." Then if she says no buy the parts and put a apple sticker on it and say its a mac.

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000