Is it normal that I'm losing interest in gaming as I grow up?!?

Fictionvl

Interests change based on experience and time. I used to play every game that I could get my hands on and now it just seems so boring as I see how simple they really are. I really only ever play competitive multiplayer games now.

I feel you, I've not been able to get into a game in forever.

I still love looking at hardware, and thinking of builds I can't afford..

But now I work six days a week, and just don't have time to play like I used to..

It may be exhaustion or cynicism but games lately have been largely unappealing..

The Witcher 3 has pretty much saved my love of gaming, today I finished the dlc and loved every minute of it.

Prior to this game I'd play something for fifteen mins, hop off and watch youtube videos instead

I'm thinking about picking up the witcher 3 when I get a new card, but I don't know :/

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

I'm thinking about picking up the witcher 3 when I get a new card, but I don't know :/

I've really enjoyed the story, and the first expansion had a plot that rivaled the main quest line in my opinion.

Rare that you get that. I would definitely recommend it if you're into rpg's.

It's become more of a benchmark than a game in the pc world unfortunately, I would suggest looking into it before buying it as it's still expensive though.

Also, a lot of people claim that it needs two titan x's and a 5960x to run...

My brother plays it on an AMD 6300 cpu and AMD R7 265, if he can run it almost anyone can lol

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

I've really enjoyed the story, and the first expansion had a plot that rivaled the main quest line in my opinion.

Rare that you get that. I would definitely recommend it if you're into rpg's.

It's become more of a benchmark than a game in the pc world unfortunately, I would suggest looking into it before buying it as it's still expensive though.

Also, a lot of people claim that it needs two titan x's and a 5960x to run...

My brother plays it on an AMD 6300 cpu and AMD R7 265, if he can run it almost anyone can lol

Money isn't a problem at the moment, but I currently have a 6700k and an Old 7870 that I had from an old build.. I'll get a 980 Ti as soon as I can.

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

Money isn't a problem at the moment, but I currently have a 6700k and an Old 7870 that I had from an old build.. I'll get a 980 Ti as soon as I can.

Ah, then enjoy=)

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

I feel you, I've not been able to get into a game in forever.

I still love looking at hardware, and thinking of builds I can't afford..

But now I work six days a week, and just don't have time to play like I used to..

It may be exhaustion or cynicism but games lately have been largely unappealing..

The Witcher 3 has pretty much saved my love of gaming, today I finished the dlc and loved every minute of it.

Prior to this game I'd play something for fifteen mins, hop off and watch youtube videos instead

For me  it's probably me playing the same games/not buying new games for a long time. Last time I bought a game was GTA V for PC (August 2015) and before that it was AS:Unity (December 2014). 

Gonna buy AS: Snydicate and COD:BO3 soon

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

For me  it's probably me playing the same games/not buying new games for a long time. Last time I bought a game was GTA V for PC (August 2015) and before that it was AS:Unity (December 2014). 

Gonna buy AS: Snydicate and COD:BO3 soon

Nothing has excited me lately..

I got copy of batman with my gpu, and we all know how that worked out.

I never really played the old fallout games, so fallout 4 will be my first entry into the series.

I wanted to go back and play new vegas, but I haven't found time to yet

This is why I have multiple hobbies, like I also do airsoft and photography, sometimes I CBA playing airsoft so just take my camera along to take some nice shots, sometimes I just play, sometimes i dont go and sit around on sunday playing games, or I go out to lunch

Try and mix things up, stuff gets stale if you spend all your time doing it, try and vary up your free time,

I actually dont have enough time to do all the things I want, and it means I value the time I spend doing that activity

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

It's normal. I used to do nothing but game.

Now I run a business, I have a wife, I have kids...

I still enjoy games and I make time for it when I can, but it happens in smaller doses because I just can't afford to spend 3 hours at a time grinding dungeons in Torchlight or whatever anymore.

Yeah, this is life.

Occasionally you can fob the kids off and have a get together over wine, whisky, and laugh at how bad you get trolled by little punks in their moms basement over online gaming.

Rest of time, family, business, bills, things having to be justified?

Its not my fault I am grumpy, you try having a porcelain todger that's always hard! 

I'm still very into gaming and I'm 36. But it is important to mix it up with other hobbies to avoid burn out. That said we are heading into winter now so non-essential work on my car won't be happening for a few months.

I was bored of gaming too... But then I got into GMod sandbox mode & started to building vehicles & stuff... I did this for a whole year. It was the first game that got me so much into it [emoji1]

Yeah, I lost interest in games ages ago when I was 17. I'd just bought myself a PS3 and I hardly ever played it; spent more time getting drunk. Nothing's changed.

But it is important to mix it up with other hobbies to avoid burn out. That said we are heading into winter now so non-essential work on my car won't be happening for a few months.

This too, Surfing, biking, hiking, various arts and community projects, project classic restoration.

Can play games, but burn out pretty quick, had a (rare) weekend playing over the net with friends, 2 nights, maybe 8 hours total, burnt out, bored, needed to do something else.

Its not my fault I am grumpy, you try having a porcelain todger that's always hard! 

This is why i go for Indie Games. They are a lot more fun and they have "that" that games today are missing. I also mostly go for horror since they have solid stories which can get you really hooked in the game.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~