dBrand: My nightmare experience

ANewFace

I want to start off this review by saying, I was very hyped for this skins, after seeing them on numerous LTT videos, and after hearing other great things about dBrand. After I preordered my iPhone 6s+ I placed a preorder for a red, and black carbon fiber skin for it from them on September 19th. The order shipped on September 30th. When I read the shipping confirmation email, I had to partially quote Linus from his iPhone 6s review. "Holy f*cking, sh*t..." dBrand. "...It's 2015" 7-14 businesses day is unacceptable, I have things arrive from China in 5 days, 7-14 is ridiculous for 2015. Anyway I said whatever, I already ordered it. So 14 business days pass, and the skin is not here. So I write them an email and tell them that it has not arrived, and due to where I'm located in the U.S. it shouldn't take that long to get here from Vancouver. Anyway they told me if it did not arrive by the19th to let them know. So the 19th rolls around and the thing is still not here. So I write them up, and they write back and say, "It seems your order was lost in the mail, we are sorry, we will send you another one." So I asked and if I could get some faster shipping, because I would prefer not to wait another 3+ weeks to get the thing. And they were like, "No, quicker shipping costs 10x what the skin costs" And I was like are you sh*ting me? For a standard size envelope. Anyway I said, whatever, and they said they shipped me a new skin on the 20th. Then on the 26th, they send me a shipping confirmation email. And I was like, WTF? You told me my thing shipped 6 days ago. So I just blew it off, and didn't say anything. So yesterday, October 31st, I get a letter from dBrand, and I thought, that's weird I thought they weren't going to give me faster shipping. Then I realize something, This is the original letter the shipped me on September 30th, I checked the shipping date on the letter. This thing took 31 days to arrive. So I laughied, because now I'm going to have 2 skins. So I went to install it. But this is not where this nightmare ends. I followed their instructional video, the way I did my skin, I had it in 4 pieces, a mid back piece that is black carbon fiber (CF), full coverage top and bottom pieces that cover the antennas and wrap around the edges, that are red CF. And a red CF piece to cover the glass around the screen. The mid back piece was easy and straight forward. But then I got to the top and bottom pieces. I followed the instructions exactly, but I couldn't get the corner pieces to line up right I always had gaps, I tried many times, but I always had gaps, for some reason it didn't fit right. It wasn't because I didn't have another piece lined up right, I check and every piece was lines upright, but on all 4 corners I had gaps like this. 

post-183693-0-31481000-1446429090_thumb.

I could not get it to work at all, the the front piece didn't fit well because the mid back piece was a little to short, and the top and bottom pieces didn't wrap aroun enough. So I was thinking, "What happened to the 'Most precise fit on earth'" Then I thought of something, I took this one single all black carbon fiber back piece that they included for some reason, because I didn't order that, but I went and tried it on my old 6+. Now this skin should be long and not fit right on a 6+ because it is a little thinner then a 6s+, and has a slightly different shape. So I try it, and when I got to the corners, they fit like a glove, they were seamless, and perfect. So my suspicion was right, they sent me a 6+ skin instead of a 6s+ skin. And yes I checked my order confirmation to make sure I didn't accidentally order 6+ instead of a 6s+. That would explain all my problems, this skin is too short to fit right around the phone. So I sent them another email about the problem and told them that I hopped on my second shipment they sent me the right skin. I'm still waiting to hear back. So hopefully they do. At a glance it doesn't look bad.

post-183693-0-15270300-1446429506_thumb.

But I will definitely re do it when they new skin arrives, becuase up close, it looks terrible.

So that's my nightmare experience with dBrand. I hope you find this helpful, and I hope if dBrand reads this, that they will take this criticism constructively.  

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

I'll read this when you fix it, but please don't take this the wrong way:

HOW THE FUCK DID YOU MESS UP YOUR FORMATTING THIS BADLY

Edit: 

Okay this is fucking retarded. You would think they'd have some sort of deal with shipping services now to be able to get quicker shipping and not have to pay out the butthole for the amount of orders that they get.

I can understand the mistake in the ordering process, maybe, but how long it takes to get to your home? Jesus christ that's a fookin long time

I like my SlickWraps, the customer support was really nice over there.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Pretty interesting read. The text wrap on your post looks worst than the dbrand wrap on your phone...

I'll read this when you fix it, but please don't take this the wrong way:

HOW THE FUCK DID YOU MESS UP YOUR FORMATTING THIS BADLY

Fixed it

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

Carbon fiber wrap isn't as easy as they make it seem on their instructional videos I have to say it's a bit of fudge work here and there to heat and stretch the material to get it to joint together especially with rounded corners like on the iPhone.

Carbon fiber wrap isn't as easy as they make it seem on their instructional videos I have to say it's a bit of fudge work here and there to heat and stretch the material to get it to joint together especially with rounded corners like on the iPhone.

But it fits a 6+ perfectly, when It shouldn't, It's also too short on the side of a 6s+

But it fits a 6+ perfectly, when It shouldn't, It's also too short on the side of a 6s+

Yeah it does sound like the could have sent you the wrong one if that's the case or labeled them wrong, the 6s+ is a tad thicker than the old one.

Unless your a professional, never wrap a 3d surface yourself. Idc how accurate they cut the skins, vinyl stretches... honestly i dont see the point on putting a skin on a phone that should be in a case anyways. Dbrand my be a good site but not worth it unless your able to send your phone in and have them put it on the right way. Ive wrapped everything from cars to xboxs...

I want to start off this review by saying, I was very hyped for this skins, after seeing them on numerous LTT videos, and after hearing other great things about dBrand.

After I preordered my iPhone 6s+ I placed a preorder for a red, and black carbon fiber skin for it from them on September 19th. The order shipped on September 30th. When I read the shipping confirmation email, I had to partially quote Linus from his iPhone 6s review. "Holy f*cking, sh*t..." dBrand. "...It's 2015" 7-14 businesses day is unacceptable, I have things arrive from China in 5 days, 7-14 is ridiculous for 2015. Anyway I said whatever, I already ordered it. So 14 business days pass, and the skin is not here. So I write them an email and tell them that it has not arrived, and due to where I'm located in the U.S. it shouldn't take that long to get here from Vancouver. Anyway they told me if it did not arrive by the19th to let them know. So the 19th rolls around and the thing is still not here. So I write them up, and they write back and say, "It seems your order was lost in the mail, we are sorry, we will send you another one." So I asked and if I could get some faster shipping, because I would prefer not to wait another 3+ weeks to get the thing.

And they were like, "No, quicker shipping costs 10x what the skin costs" And I was like are you sh*ting me? For a standard size envelope. Anyway I said, whatever, and they said they shipped me a new skin on the 20th. Then on the 26th, they send me a shipping confirmation email. And I was like, WTF? You told me my thing shipped 6 days ago. So I just blew it off, and didn't say anything. So yesterday, October 31st, I get a letter from dBrand, and I thought, that's weird I thought they weren't going to give me faster shipping. Then I realize something, This is the original letter the shipped me on September 30th, I checked the shipping date on the letter. This thing took 31 days to arrive. So I laughied, because now I'm going to have 2 skins. So I went to install it. But this is not where this nightmare ends. I followed their instructional video, the way I did my skin, I had it in 4 pieces, a mid back piece that is black carbon fiber (CF), full coverage top and bottom pieces that cover the antennas and wrap around the edges, that are red CF. And a red CF piece to cover the glass around the screen. The mid back piece was easy and straight forward. But then I got to the top and bottom pieces. I followed the instructions exactly, but I couldn't get the corner pieces to line up right I always had gaps, I tried many times, but I always had gaps, for some reason it didn't fit right. It wasn't because I didn't have another piece lined up right, I check and every piece was lines upright, but on all 4 corners I had gaps like this. 

attachicon.gifIMG_0937.JPG

I could not get it to work at all, the the front piece didn't fit well because the mid back piece was a little to short, and the top and bottom pieces didn't wrap aroun enough. So I was thinking, "What happened to the 'Most precise fit on earth'" Then I thought of something, I took this one single all black carbon fiber back piece that they included for some reason, because I didn't order that, but I went and tried it on my old 6+. Now this skin should be long and not fit right on a 6+ because it is a little thinner then a 6s+, and has a slightly different shape. So I try it, and when I got to the corners, they fit like a glove, they were seamless, and perfect. So my suspicion was right, they sent me a 6+ skin instead of a 6s+ skin. And yes I checked my order confirmation to make sure I didn't accidentally order 6+ instead of a 6s+. That would explain all my problems, this skin is too short to fit right around the phone. So I sent them another email about the problem and told them that I hopped on my second shipment they sent me the right skin. I'm still waiting to hear back. So hopefully they do. At a glance it doesn't look bad.

attachicon.gifIMG_0936.JPG

But I will definitely re do it when they new skin arrives, becuase up close, it looks terrible.

So that's my nightmare experience with dBrand. I hope you find this helpful, and I hope if dBrand reads this, that they will take this criticism constructively.  

You should probably rewrite your post, it's incredibly hard to read a wall of text then with no spacing between words and images it goes pear shaped very quickly.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

I don't think OP realise that the real world has to deal with physics. If you angry about your mail taking for ever, complain to your mail service provider.

-アパゾ

Check your tracking number from time to time to see where it is, that way if a package is lost, you can immediately contact your local post office and they'll know who's delieveing the mail during that time.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Unless your a professional, never wrap a 3d surface yourself. Idc how accurate they cut the skins, vinyl stretches... honestly i dont see the point on putting a skin on a phone that should be in a case anyways. Dbrand my be a good site but not worth it unless your able to send your phone in and have them put it on the right way. Ive wrapped everything from cars to xboxs...

Skins are preferred over cases sometimes because it offers protection against light damage while not changing the detailed shape of phones. You can, more often than not, offer better protection to your phone by having it in a case, but a lot of subtleties of the phone's texture and shape are lost.

Applying these skins to a phone is not hard at all. I've done it a few times.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Check your tracking number from time to time to see where it is, that way if a package is lost, you can immediately contact your local post office and they'll know who's delieveing the mail during that time.

That's the thing, their shipments do not have tracking numbers, because they use just standard letter mail.

Skins are preferred over cases sometimes because it offers protection against light damage while not changing the detailed shape of phones. You can, more often than not, offer better protection to your phone by having it in a case, but a lot of subtleties of the phone's texture and shape are lost.

No hard, because you had the right skin. It was not hard at all on my 6+, because that was the right skin for it. But they sent me the wrong one

Yea i know the point of a wrap, and yea to me wraps are easy. But to a normal person, doesnt matter how perfectly its cut, they arent just peel and stick.

That's the thing, their shipments do not have tracking numbers, because they use just standard letter mail.

your order does not have a tracking number?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

your order does not have a tracking number?

No because standard letter mail does not have tracking numbers. They tell you that in their shipment emails. This is copy and pasted from their email. "Note that due to our low shipping rate, all orders are sent via standard letter mail. This means no tracking."

No hard, because you had the right skin. It was not hard at all on my 6+, because that was the right skin for it. But they sent me the wrong one

Yeah, I know. Don't worry, I wasn't insulting you or anything.

I really like DBrand, but I agree that their shipping should be worked on. I live pretty close to them, all things considered, and it takes around 5 business days for orders to arrive to my doorstep. It's a bit slow, I don't mind; but there are clients who live much further.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

You should probably rewrite your post, it's incredibly hard to read a wall of text then with no spacing between words and images it goes pear shaped very quickly.

You should do the same tbh. You didn't have to quote the OP.

Use the @ tags. It's less clutter.