New Mice From Cooler Master (Xornet II) and Corsair (Katar)

Verne

Today Cooler Master (CM Storm) and Corsair revealed their new mice, both focused on the more hardcore gaming market.

Cooler Master finally came out with the long awaited successor the much-loved Spawn and Xornet, the Xornet II. It features the good old shape from the previous mice but has been upgraded to Avago 3320 sensor and has added RGB lighting. Other notable features and rubberized side grips, light weight and "ergonomic" design with right-side finger-rests. The mice is focused on claw gripping but should work fine with fingertip grip. The small size means palm gripping is out of the question unless you have very small hands. Price seems to be around 30 euros (=$30) so same as its predecessor.

image_1012.jpg

You can see more detailed information over at the official product page: http://gaming.coolermaster.com/en/products/mice/xornet-ii/

------------------------

Meanwhile, Corsair announced the Katar, an ambidextrous lightweight mouse, co-designed with professional gamers. It seems to be in the "Sabre" family with rather similar shape, but ambidextrous. I couldn't find the exact sensor its using, but is optical and can go up to 8000 DPI. They don't mention RGB lighting, but the logo does light up red at least. At MSRP $40 it seems to be on the cheaper side of things, which is nice!
KATAR_01.png
More details once again found at the official product page: http://gaming.corsair.com/en-us/katar-optical-gaming-mouse

Why are all these mice so small. I don't have Linus hands! Stop making Linus hand sized mice!

Many hardcore gamers like smaller lightweight mice because they are easier to handle and quicker to move than big, heavy ones.

Why are all these mice so small. I don't have Linus hands! Stop making Linus hand sized mice!

YES!

I HAVE LUKE SIZED HANDS AND DEMAND A MOUSE MEANT FOR OTHERS WITH NON-LINUS HANDS! :D

Many hardcore gamers like smaller lightweight mice because they are easier to handle and quicker to move than big, heavy ones.

Are "pro gamers" really this lacking in the upper body strength department?

YES!

I HAVE LUKE SIZED HANDS AND DEMAND A MOUSE MEANT FOR OTHERS WITH NON-LINUS HANDS! :D

Have you seen the CSGO pro fREAKAZOiD?

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

YES!

Its not really about strength. Its kind of the same principle why racing cars aim to be lighter. You wouldn't want your mouse to weight a ton to make it harder for you to move. :)

"Hardcore", I'd consider myself a "hardcore" gamer and I want my mice wide and long enough so I can palm it, I have not found a decent mouse at all that fits in my palm. I have settled for the G502 for now, but there are way too many small mice out that cater to this pro/hardcore crowd and it's very irritating.

"Hardcore", I'd consider myself a "hardcore" gamer and I want my mice wide and long enough so I can palm it, I have not found a decent mouse at all that fits in my palm. I have settled for the G502 for now, but there are way too many small mice out that cater to this pro/hardcore crowd and it's very irritating.

Same For Me,My Fingers Go Way To Far over The Mouse,I Do Have Gigantic Hands For My Age,But It Is Annoying That I Can't Get Some of The Better Mice Because They Are Too Small

Its not really about strength. Its kind of the same principle why racing cars aim to be lighter. You wouldn't want your mouse to weight a ton to make it harder for you to move. :)

I was just teasing more than anything. :P

To get a light mouse the size of the Func MS-3 with a weighted system would be something I'd be more interested to see. When you have bear hands, it kinda sucks seeing all these feature rich mice being made so small.

I like small heavy mice.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Think I will stock,to getting a Mionix NAOS 7000

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Corsair launched a mouse with no side buttons? No "back" button for internet surfing or melee? Should be banned for being called a mouse.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Yay! Linus hand sized mice!

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

What is special about these mices? What makes Corsair and CM think people will buy these mices?

I had to get used to how small the G502 was compared to my old Deathadder.  How could you go smaller than that?  It's like companies think we're all sub 5'8" or something.

I love corsair mice, I'm glad to see they finally released a slimmed down no nonsense one.
May pick one up for work lol
My m65 and Scimitar are more than enough for gaming

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k