fucking kill me pls

Salty

Ah ok, I've always heard that the Shotgun method works better. Installing a couple slugs into the computer makes it turn off rather quickly.

But I'm in Germany and getting hold of a shotgun is rather difficult, do have any other advise? petrol is starting to get too expensive...

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

But I'm in Germany and getting hold of a shotgun is rather difficult, do have any other advise? petrol is starting to get too expensive...

you could get a cheap sledge hammer

"Never quote yourself"

-I need a better name

Ah ok. Well in that case what you can do is get on the Autobahn, get up to exactly 123km/hr, then chuck it out the window. 

Ah ok. Well in that case what you can do is drive down the Autobahn, get up to exactly 123km/hr, then chuck it out the window. 

Thanks mate :D

Honestly that's the dumbest thing, I hate to say it but it will be on his school record wont it? If it is it will be harder to get into colleges and stuff so it might be worth it to take it to court and get it taken off. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

Honestly that's the dumbest thing, I hate to say it but it will be on his school record wont it? If it is it will be harder to get into colleges and stuff so it might be worth it to take it to court and get it taken off. 

Nah. No one will really pay any attention to that.

Nah. No one will really pay any attention to that.

You sure? It says "hacking" on there, I think it will be a pretty big deal to some schools honestly. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

Couldn't he just refresh the page to show that he did nothing wrong?

Also that's fucked up those people should just be fired.

In a controlled environment I couldn't agree with you more.

These type of children should be encouraged to persue this type of thing but it should always be done with supervision and should always be done with permission. You can't let children run havok on your network, its akin to network suicide.

Plus as I said way back in my first post, its likely he changed some things which either insulted the school or the teachers in the school which is why he got such a massive punishment for it. OP has avoided the question of what changes he actually made twice now.

The fundamental differences between your opinion and the opinion of everyone else are that you think

1. modification of a local copy of source code wreaks havoc on the school network, while everyone else thinks this is harmless and educational

2. viewing any website's source code without the website's authorization is illegal and constitutes hacking, while everyone else thinks viewing a website's source code doesn't require authorization. There are so many legitimate websites that talk about viewing websites' source code without mentioning illegality that it is implausible to think this is illegal.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/view-the-source-code-for-a-webpage

http://www.wikihow.com/View-Source-Code

http://www.howtogeek.com/204991/how-to-view-web-page-source-code-on-your-iphone-or-ipad/

http://www.gilsmethod.com/how-to-view-a-websites-source-code

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000746.htm

http://viewsource.us/

http://iwebtool.com/code_viewer

Furthermore, even if accessing source code were considered a form of copyright violation (which, as established above, it does not seem to be), using it in a non-commercial fashion with no impact on any market or network security would likely be considered "fair use." 

I also personally think this does not constitute hacking. The verb "hack" as defined by Merriam-Webster is "to gain access to a computer illegally." No computers were accessed in this scenario.

Yeah, OP could be a bit clearer about that. 

The reason that I'm Talking about this topic in such extend, is the fact that it's being done already and ends up saving work for the admin. When I was in my second to last year in high school (2011) my state released a new best practice for the IT infrastructure. This meant that the school network was self healing. You were allowed to do anything to the PC, and whatever you did was undone with the next restart. Your files are stored on a storage server. I was a computer science major and it was flipping awesome. 

That sounds very much like using a "Constant State" type software, such as Faronics Deep Freeze. They essentially have a "saved state", and during use, you can pretty much do anything you want, and after rebooting, it will revert to the saved state, thus erasing any changes.

This, however, only reverts local changes. Anything actually network infrastructure related would still be vulnerable.

That's ok, I can get fired for sticking a usb device into my work computer.

Good policy for many places.

That's the proper way to handle network security at a company. If their network gets infiltrated they may loose millions of dollars.

Indeed. With the prevalence of firmware infected USB devices and random malware that can sneak onto a USB stick, it's becoming a common practice.

On topic: I believe that the punishment doesn't fit the crime. 10 day suspension? No, that's too harsh. A one day suspension maybe.

I certainly don't think you should allow Students to just randomly change whatever the hell they want, at will, on school computers. I think that the school should disable Inspect Element if that's something they don't want kids to see (Which I can totally understand), and perhaps giving this kid a warning only.

Rather, they should have CONTROLLED environments where the kids can explore and mess around:

A LOCAL ONLY computer lab, not connected to the network as a whole (Or highly firewalled in a very isolated sub-LAN), where they can mess with network settings on the switches, mess with the local computer settings, etc, and then if things get messed up, they can use that as an exercise in restoring the equipment to default/factory state. All of this should be done on an isolated LAN so it CANNOT affect the greater school network.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

That's the proper way to handle network security at a company. If their network gets infiltrated they may loose millions of dollars.

Lol you don't get out much do you

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

That sounds very much like using a "Constant State" type software, such as Faronics Deep Freeze. They essentially have a "saved state", and during use, you can pretty much do anything you want, and after rebooting, it will revert to the saved state, thus erasing any changes.

This, however, only reverts local changes. Anything actually network infrastructure related would still be vulnerable.

Indeed, that's how it works. I'm aware of the network issue and as I'm reading back my post, I wasn't very clear about that. What I meant, was that this is a good environment to mess around with computer related things. For networking, you would need an isolated lab, as you said

Lol you don't get out much do you

I said proper, not easiest or most convenient. Attacks with prepared USB drives are becoming more and more common. I've seen USB drives with spyware which were given out at trade fairs by some Chinese company. Of course that is not the only place where vulnerabilities of the IT infrastructure may be, but it eliminates one of them.

Sucks to be that guy but schools are really really really dumb when it comes to technology :/

My schools network is setup soooooo poorly. Like literally i can just walk myself right into all their files and add/change/delete anything i want. We all have chromebooks btw, so they make it even easier.

Just a normal guy with a constant desire to modify everything he owns. 

Check out my current build here:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006447-the-cake-is-a-lie-water-cooled-portal-pc/

I initially did not see the letters 

ing

and the word 

kill

and was like wow, this dude is hard up.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Thats alright, I once got suspended from school for three days for "spreading rumors," a claim brought on me without proof by my friends ex, because I convinced him to break up with that physco. Didn't even end up on my record, because after the three days were up a huge group of her friends came in and ratted her out for lying about it, and she ended up getting a slap on the wrist.

Don't you love that? I get suspended right away, no chance to argue my case, and when it comes out she lied and knew she was lying, she just gets a stern talking to. Love this whole ideology that just because im a guy, we're inherently always at fault if a woman accuses us of anything. Thanks progressivist school system. Now kindly, fuck off.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

i got my schools wifi password and nobody gives a shit

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i got my schools wifi password and nobody gives a shit

i got my teacher's password and i use it to change my grades

"Never quote yourself"

-I need a better name

Yeah... you are fucked dude.... what are you going to do after she notice that?

Yeah... you are fucked dude.... what are you going to do after she notice that?

*he

"Never quote yourself"

-I need a better name

hmm i could also do that but they can see when the grade was changed so, yeahh

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Frankly, you should be suspended at minimum for that.

Changing your grades equates to cheating. If you were in College or University and got caught doing that, it would likely be an immediate expulsion, and potentially even being blacklisted at the school, so you couldn't come back even another year.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

There was a kid at my highschool, he got hold of some year 12 exams on the fileserver at some point. Big shit for like 5 minutes then the next I hear of him several years later he's in charge of the IT department there.
Gotta give the school credit for actually learning something.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Sometimes showing your knowledge is not worth it...

Better play along with the less knowledgeable ones until you get into a position of power rather than risk being targeted for being intellectually superior...

Well That Doesn't Work With Me,I Made It Into The 99.99% In Science AKA 100 On Are Standarized Test,So I Can't Act Less Knowlegable

Well That Doesn't Work With Me,I Made It Into The 99.99% In Science AKA 100 On Are Standarized Test,So I Can't Act Less Knowlegable

You Should Stop Typing Like This, It's Hard To Read

"Never quote yourself"

-I need a better name