Intel Core i7 4790 k for $125

Today while browsing Craiglist i found a i7 4790k for $125 USD. I am not sure if this is a scam or not but since this seems pretty cheap I wanted to ask around to see if other people have seen similar posts that ended up being scams

Thank You

NOPE NOPE NOPE 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Seems pretty cheap, either the seller is a idiot or it's gone through a load.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

if it seems to good to be true them it proburly is

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Today while browsing Craiglist i found a i7 4790k for $125 USD. I am not sure if this is a scam or not but since this seems pretty cheap I wanted to ask around to see if other people have seen similar posts that ended up being scams

Thank You

Seems really sketchy. Unless he can put it in a system and run a benchmark and a stability test, I wouldn't mess with it. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Email/text/call them. When I helped my cousin look for a PC on Criagslist the 2-3 we found the sellers were more then happy enough to let us mess around with the PC for 30-40 minutes, play game or two and see how it overall is.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I'd be tempted to buy it. it's a 125 dollar gamble. You win big or lose 125 bucks.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I've seen 4790ks go for 170 on Craigslist, I'd be a bit worried at 125....

Yeah $125 is a bit low; however, if the seller of the i7 can provide in real life benchmarks with him in person and can show that it works fine, go for it.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

Email/text/call them. When I helped my cousin look for a PC on Criagslist the 2-3 we found the sellers were more then happy enough to let us mess around with the PC for 30-40 minutes, play game or two and see how it overall is.

I have texted the seller and asked for pictures of the CPU, but he sent the same pic as in the add he had on CL. I asked if he had any other pics beside that one and he stated that the CPU is at home and he could not take pics until later. He also said he does not want to scam me or is wasting my time which could come off as sketchy but at the same time not since, if he is really trying to sell this CPU and understands what it is, is an understandable statement, IDK if he would let me play around with his PC or if he has one at all since he did stated in the article that his "Angry GF" threw away most of his gaming items. He said he will send some pics at 5 pm

Yeah $125 is a bit low; however, if the seller of the i7 can provide in real life benchmarks with him in person and can show that it works fine, go for it.

He states he is not a big computer guy and knows what he bought and what he payed and that he knows he is selling it really cheap. I highly doubt he will be able to perform a benchmark for me or if he knows how to perform one. Unless since he said he plays games in it he should probably know how to run a benchmark 

I'd only buy it if it was in the system and I could run Aida64 on it for awhile.  125 seems like he potentially cooked it to the point it has a slight instability and now he's passing his failure on to someone else.  Don't trust just a post test, show up and get him to download Aidq64 and show you in person.

He states he is not a big computer guy and knows what he bought and what he payed and that he knows he is selling it really cheap. I highly doubt he will be able to perform a benchmark for me or if he knows how to perform one. Unless since he said he plays games in it he should probably know how to run a benchmark 

Don't be so gullible and trust everything he says. He has done nothing so far to deserve your trust and thus, you should proceed with caution. You can guide him in how to perform a benchmark which shouldn't be too hard for either you or him. 

I would go for it. Make sure no pins are bent, missing, ect. No bent corners or anything. See if he can prove it is working , if not meh.

It seems you guys have never known people who need to make a quick buck. Sure there's a risk but the cost of the part doesn't impact that. You can get scammed just as easy by someone asking too much for something.

I would go for it. Make sure no pins are bent, missing, ect. No bent corners or anything. See if he can prove it is working , if not meh.

I will check if it works and i think i might go for it. I mean like they said before its a 125 loss but in the other hand it miight be a really good find 

It seems you guys have never known people who need to make a quick buck. Sure there's a risk but the cost of the part doesn't impact that. You can get scammed just as easy by someone asking too much for something.

You are right and I have known guys that need to make a quick buck and you are right you can get scammed by people who are selling stuff at market prices. I just want to make sure i am not getting scammed either way. thanks for your input though 

I will check if it works and i think i might go for it. I mean like they said before its a 125 loss but in the other hand it miight be a really good find 

You could try something like offering 150 if he lets you come over and benchmark it, 100 if he doesn't.  If he's legit and looking for a quick buck he gets slightly more money and still get a deal and some insurance.  If he gets really hesitant over the the bench marking, it's possibly a scam. 

Plus i was there before when i went as low as selling my Xbox 360 to game stop haha

You are right and I have known guys that need to make a quick buck and you are right you can get scammed by people who are selling stuff at market prices. I just want to make sure i am not getting scammed either way. thanks for your input though

I used to do a lot on Craig's, buying and selling. Biggest scams are those asking to pay with checks, and selling stolen parts. I'd low ball them, offer them 75, should be able to get it for 100 even then. If you really want to put the screws to them go 50. You have to be able to pull that off though. The quality of the part won't change low balling, just how much you'll spend. Go in ready to walk away, don't invest in the idea of getting a deal emotionally.

Plus i was there before when i went as low as selling my Xbox 360 to game stop haha

Oh no... They tried offering me $75 for my 320GB PS3 woth GTA V, NBA 2k15, and Saints Row 3/4.

Oh no... They tried offering me $75 for my 320GB PS3 woth GTA V, NBA 2k15, and Saints Row 3/4.

yes that is the only time i have sold a console to them. i actually bought my Fiance wii from them by trading my old PS3 games than adding a $10 off ticket from my power up rewards card and ended up paying like 10 dlls for the wii. the ps3 games i traded where not even good ones and i did not play them anymore. I bought another PS3 from them a while back, just because i was going through memory lane haha

I got my 4670k for $100 (CAD) off Kijiji. Right time right place basically.

Sometimes you luck out in a gamble.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.