Need serious help...please! :/

KarateHottie93

My new HAF X has a 1394a port. My new mobo has no header.

I get that they make PCIE cards but to find one with the header is almost impossible. I need a black one with a header that actually ships from North America. Not only do I prefer to have every port on my case function but, I actually use FireWire! Fack!

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Appreciate it but $28...so much for shit FireWire :/

Appreciate it but $28...so much for shit FireWire :/

Remind us again who's the person in this thread who is dependent on an antiquated bus and neglected to buy a motherboard with support for it?

Remind us again who's the person in this thread who is dependent on an antiquated bus and neglected to buy a motherboard with support for it?

I said I appreciate you yet, you turn around with insults? Is it so wrong that I want my $200 case to be fully functional without using an ancient socket? My LaCie HDD still gets lots of love too.

How bad do you want the front port to work?

Bad enough to spend $30 :(

I said I appreciate you yet, you turn around with insults? Is it so wrong that I want my $200 case to be fully functional without using an ancient socket? My LaCie HDD still gets lots of love too.

How old is it?  My LaCie HDD does FW400, FW800, eSATA and USB3.  It'd have to be kinda old to only offer FireWire.

Its not too bad really. Its got two FW800 ports and one FW400 port plus a header for the front port. Not a bad card TBH.

Lol considering I can get USB 3.0 cards with four ports and a header for half the price I find it kinda expensive.

How old is it?  My LaCie HDD does FW400, FW800, eSATA and USB3.  It'd have to be kinda old to only offer FireWire.

I got it back in the dual opteron days. It has USB 2.0 but I prefer FireWire for more consistent speeds.

I got it back in the dual opteron days. It has USB 2.0 but I prefer FireWire for more consistent speeds.

Ugh, is it one of those stupid orange ones?  Honestly, buy a NEW enclosure with USB3, shuck the drive out of your current one, and use that.  It'll have the added benefit of running fast on ANY machine using USB3 that you'll find in the wild.