Do you guys drink?

TechStyle

I used to drink a lot in my last three years of school and a little after (Germany!). Now I only drink for pleasure and love having a special beer (like La Chouffe) or a good wine. I do live in a great area for wine, so that's easy enough. Those special beers are harder to come by.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

My mom tricked me into drinking once, but other than that, nope. I did like it though but that's because the drink she gave me was pomelo flavored and had around 4% alcohol.

Yes usually only a couple times a month these days, i only really have shots when i run out of coke and by that time i'm already smashed.

I do enjoy a glass of Johnnie Walker when I want to treat myself.

Depending on my mood, I might also enjoy a quality beer instead.

These day I rarely go out to get shitfaced. When I do, it's usually becuase I'm on vacation without my daughter. 

And I haven't done shots in many years, These days I'm a quality over quantity kind of guy.

My record for doing shots was 27 in row, and I got so drunk that I physically couldn't walk.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I have never drunk, and I never will. I loathe what alcohol does to people. I just find something a little scary in someone who doesn't really know what they're doing in control of a vehicle or out in public or whatever because they've been drinking, and I don't like the feeling of unpredictability about them.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

My mom tricked me into drinking once, but other than that, nope. I did like it though but that's because the drink she gave me was pomelo flavored and had around 4% alcohol.

Your mom tricked you into drinking? How? Why?

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

My drinking history is kind of weird. I didn't do it at all until I was 22, then decided to give it a try and drank at parties and such for a few months. I got over it an now I don't drink anymore. It's just boring to me and honestly it's a huge waste of money. All alcohol tastes like crap, the only reason to drink for me would be to get drunk and it really isn't fun or worth the time investment.

I only drink red or white wine on special occassions. Never tried any other drink.

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

1Ooje5c.jpg

I don't drink too often, but this is my first full weekend off work in over a month, so I decided to have some fun. I don't enjoy taking leave of my senses around other peope, so I don't drink socially. Sometimes it's nice to just let it all go and not care about tomorrow for a few hours. 

As for what I drink, you've got a pretty good idea from the picture. I hate the taste of hops, and apparently every beer brewery has a boner for hops, so I don't drink much beer. If I've decided to drink, I want to feel it. I stick to rum and whiskey mostly. 

Socially I used to drink like a fucking fish: Even on "family" or very non-party social situation I would down at least a wine bottle on my own through x-mas dinner for example. When I was specifically on a party, on a bar, on a strip club, etc. In a full night I'd down over 1 bottle of whiskey by myself. If it was beer I literally drank like 5 or 6 litters through a night and gave myself intense diarrhea as a result. I also drunk driven my car into a pole, I spent 24 continous hours bar hoping (slept like 4 hours by passing out in a bar at like 10 am) you name it.

Of course today I am on self imposed complete social isolation because my health just wouldn't allow me that kind of binge drinking and I have nothing to speak for after all of that.

-------

Current Rig

-------

A beer or two every few months.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Your mom tricked you into drinking? How? Why?

Yup, everyone in my family knew I don't drink/smoke. My mom once went to grocery shopping and asked me what I wanted and I asked for the usual fruit soda that I buy. After she came home, she gave me a glass that had the juice in it (she knew if she gave me the bottle that I won't drink it) and when I drank it, it tasted a bit stronger than my usual soda then I immediately had an aftertaste of alcohol (I had never tasted alcohol before but once I had that aftertaste, the first thing that popped into my head was rubbing alcohol and thought to myself that this could be what alcohol tastes like). When I confronted her she told me that there wasn't anymore of those Zesto juice I wanted so she went and bought the drink that shared the same flavor as she knew I would get cranky if she comes home empty handed.

The fruit soda I usually drink: (https://www.philamfood.com/images/P/4804888902687.jpg)

What she gave me: (http://www.inuman.com.ph/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/TANDUAY-ICE-LIGHT-POMELO.jpg)

wondering if anyone here drinks alcohol? and if you do shots, how many do you drink before you get drunk?

I rarely drink.

No I don't do shots and I never got drunk.

Yup, everyone in my family knew I don't drink/smoke. My mom once went to grocery shopping and asked me what I wanted and I asked for the usual fruit soda that I buy. After she came home, she gave me a glass that had the juice in it (she knew if she gave me the bottle that I won't drink it) and when I drank it, it tasted a bit stronger than my usual soda then I immediately had an aftertaste of alcohol (I had never tasted alcohol before but once I had that aftertaste, the first thing that popped into my head was rubbing alcohol and thought to myself that this could be what alcohol tastes like). When I confronted her she told me that there wasn't anymore of those Zesto juice I wanted so she went and bought the drink that shared the same flavor as she knew I would get cranky if she comes home empty handed.

The fruit soda I usually drink: (https://www.philamfood.com/images/P/4804888902687.jpg)

What she gave me: (http://www.inuman.com.ph/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/TANDUAY-ICE-LIGHT-POMELO.jpg)

I don't think we have that here or at least I've never seen it but if it's similar to what I think (I can't remember the name but it begins with 'B') you can barely taste the alcohol.

wondering if anyone here drinks alcohol? and if you do shots, how many do you drink before you get drunk?

Yes i drink from time to time mostly on parties though. I do shots, mix crap (people like to try and feed me drunk so i'll get like a regular glass with 75% vodka and 25% cola) if i'm getting tipsy or just Beer. When my body can't handle alcohol anymore I'll just drink water I still want to remember everything and don't do stupid shit.

CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC MOBO: Asus P8Z77-M RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16GB. PSU: Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 rev 2 

SSD: 1x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB, 1x Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

Do drink - Kirin, tequila and red. Various Germanic samplings of beer.
Only really enjoy being tipsy if out with friends... I honestly think most of the reason I like the above is the taste.... But since I'm a total lightweight it happens more often than not anyway.

This sums out my feelings on the subject.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

It depends on the classification of 'drinking':

The last time I was reckless was in my youth when after some careful manoeuvring/manipulation my false friends spiked my drink/s.

These days I will only drink alcohol in the form of wine/champaign from the very bottom (the most expensive) of the wine list/book when having a meal out. In fact I look down on the culture of 'drinking'; giving individuals who partake in such behaviour the same regard as I give to those who indulge in smoking - that is complete and total contempt and disdain.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Lately only good craft beer, and with style. past the age of getting drunk because reasons.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Never done, never will. No friends to pressure me into drinking, which helps the situation.

I don't mind people who drink or use any other similar substances, but I won't be touching that stuff myself.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

In fact I look down on the culture of 'drinking'; giving individuals who partake in such behaviour the same regard as I give to those who indulge in smoking - that is complete and total contempt and disdain.

That's a bit harsh, and honestly quite insulting. I smoked at one point in my life, and I enjoy hard liquor from time to time. How does that make me less worthy of being treated with civility? I don't agree with a great many things, but I don't treat the people who do those things as if they were inferior.  If somebody enjoys something that you do not, they deserve to be treated as lower beings, unworthy of mutual respect as a fellow human? 

That's a bit harsh, and honestly quite insulting. I smoked at one point in my life, and I enjoy hard liquor from time to time. How does that make me less worthy of being treated with civility? I don't agree with a great many things, but I don't treat the people who do those things as if they were inferior. If somebody enjoys something that you do not, they deserve to be treated as lower beings, unworthy of mutual respect as a fellow human?

When I or my children have to endure second hand smoke blown from the rotting eat holes of trash such as your younger self my tolerance runs out rather abruptly I am afraid. It's great that you don't do that anymore though right? :lol:

In regards to the drinking I am more disgusted by those that lay paralytic in their own bodily fluids.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.