Four more carmakers join diesel emissions row

Well this whole affair revolves around diesels, which US manufacturers don't really do, at least not for the domestic market.

Gotcha.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

have you test driven one yet? i found them to be really uncomfortable, which sucked because everything else was perfect about it (test drove the 2.5L GT Model, so cloth seats might be nicer, was fun getting wheel spin in third but that just means it needs better tyres)

Yes. I find it good compared to the other compact hatchbacks out there. I'm guessing it has to do with your body type, I'm well suited for compact due to my height.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Taking off in your Vdub like

0801dp_06_z%2B2002_vw_jetta_tdi%2Bsmokin

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

Yes. I find it good compared to the other compact hatchbacks out there. I'm guessing it has to do with your body type, I'm well suited for compact due to my height.

I'm quite tall so don't exactly fit very nicely in most cars :P also not a fan of compact cars understandably, purely was checking out for price to performance :P probably gonna go with a Camry or Aurion

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

This is why diesel should be banned in cars because it is dirtier than petrol, petrol produces less aerosols and carbon monoxide when combusted because it has a lower carbon conent

at least Dodge and Chevrolet aren't up there

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

I'm quite tall so don't exactly fit very nicely in most cars :P also not a fan of compact cars understandably, purely was checking out for price to performance :P probably gonna go with a Camry or Aurion

Cool. But yeah,... I'm like an oversized midget lol.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

This is why diesel should be banned in cars because it is dirtier than petrol, petrol produces less aerosols and carbon monoxide when combusted because it has a lower carbon conent

Why stop there ? Ban petrol .