VW Keeps on Digging: Das Blunder (Apt Article Title)

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/215921-das-blunder-vw-blames-engineers-not-execs-for-diesel-woes-then-bails-on-us-diesels

The president of VW America actually seems to be legitimately ignorant in this having started after the defeat devices were made and deployed, but good lord it goes way downhill after that.

I never thought I'd see the day Germans blamed their own world class engineers for a corporate failure...

Execs: it's the engineers' fault that we had to use these devices. Oh well, abandon the U.S. market, our biggest market...

Survey says GM will happily take those engineers off VW's hands.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I was talking to my Dad about this, I highly doubt the engineers even had anything to do with it, rather the people making the software. 

On a side note, I'm pretty sure VW has a lot more influence on English countries and not the US. 

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

that just really dumb. VW really need get it shit toghether before it live toghether with Ubisoft in a 2-in-1 Hole.

Speaking of digging and being in a hole- GM! :D
Also, blaming engineers, really? I bet it was some corporate fat fuck that ordered them to fake it.

VW is my HERO. To develope software that allows the people to do an end run around the enviro-nazi's and then drive away happy is awesome. No wounder todays games suck so bad. All the best software engineers seem to be at VW. I wish they would put that code on the internet and put the evil EPA out of business. It's a big planet, it can handle a lil smoke.

GO VW!!!

VW is my HERO. To develope software that allows the people to do an end run around the enviro-nazi's and then drive away happy is awesome. No wounder todays games suck so bad. All the best software engineers seem to be at VW. I wish they would put that code on the internet and put the evil EPA out of business. It's a big planet, it can handle a lil smoke.

GO VW!!!

df2f991f2150dbaa14bc3a4074f9d287.jpg

GO VW!!!

I really really hope you are just being a bad troll. Otherwise you are the reason that the human race destroying this planet

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

That vw corporate cunt should really be fired or be put in his place. No software engineer would add something like this without orders.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Circumnavigate the planet twice like I have then come talk to me about the planet. Most people here don't even go outside.

Circumnavigate the planet twice like I have then come talk to me about the planet. Most people here don't even go outside.

Riiight... Cuz traveling around is the same as scientifically studying the planet.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

m0X4kzo.gif

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Everyone know's this is just a big excuse and someone has to be a scapegoat. 

HvwXyzS.png

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Riiight... Cuz traveling around is the same as scientifically studying the planet.

​You mean studying YouTube and Al Gore's movie? Yep it is

GO VW!!!

I really really hope you are just being a bad troll. Otherwise you are the reason that the human race destroying this planet

Whenever someone compares a group to Nazi's, you already know they don't have the educational level to have an intellectual discussion with.

CPU:i7 5930k @4.5 Mobo:x99 Deluxe RAM:32gb Corsair @2800 GPU: SLI EVGA Titan X Case: Corsair 900D Storage: 6x 4TB Seagate SSHD(raid5), 2x500gb Samsung 850 Evo Raid0 PSU: Corsair ax1500i Audio: Asus Essence STX

All this big-ass talk about a few extra grams of CO2, but meanwhile GM's faulty contacts have killed what, 15-20 people? And nobody give a pig's ass about that? Oh wait right, that's because GM is based in 'Murica.

Ye ole' train

On the European side of the pond, where they sold a huuuuuuge number of diesels http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/oct/09/vw-scandal-3-6m-european-vehicles-need-major-changes In short they will have to carry out costly modifications, not just software updates, to 3.6 million cars. Fuel tanks have been mentioned, presumably to make room for adblue tanks.

If you have ever fancied owning Bugatti, Bentley or Lamborghini, as in the whole company not just one car, now is probably a good time to put in a cheeky bid  :D I believe they also own Ducati too for those that have always pined for an Italian super-bike manufacturer. German government bailout coming in 3...2...

I seeeeee a @LinusTech! Hi! :D

GO VW!!!

Can...you please not? I don't know if you're trolling or just legitimately this stupid, but just...stop. Reading the amount of idiocy in your post is akin to drinking alcohol(i.e. it kills brain cells if you didn't understand).

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

If people think I am trolling, report me. If your just gonna use "troll" in a sentence your admiting you don't have the brains to dispute the (IMHO opinion) fact that that global warming is a hoax. VW is not destroying the planet. Enviromentalism is like allot of other "isms" just more mental....in many ways. Believe it or not there are whack jobs so afraid of the truth they have Fox News blocked. If your so concerned for the planet give up your PC and buy some paper and pencils. I like tech, I love to drive and VW makes great cars. Luddites morons spoon feed tales of the planet "having a fever" will believe anything without a shred of critical thinking.

Believe it or not there are whack jobs so afraid of the truth they have Fox News blocked. 

Do you also believe videogames cause violence?

You are on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.