How bad was your first PC?

abt

Ultra hardcore gateway computer that was super old and had an astonishing 4 gb of ram, a single core processor with on board graphics, and about 2 inches of dust.

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

i don't think there are bad pcs (read my sig. lol)

because during that time , they were decent.

but my first pc was

pentium 4 2.4ghz

1gb ram

80gb hdd IDE

forgot the gpu

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

pentium laptop that was 6 years older than my own age... ( i was 15)

err. i mean it was 6 years old when i got it when i was 15... if that makes any sense

Then it isn't 6 years older than your own age, it was just 6 years old.

;)

A Samsung RC710 laptop with some like 16 CUDA core GPU, 6gb DDR3 RAM and a dual core i5.

I had it for 5 years until I upgraded to my current machine which is currently a completely random PC, consisting of a HP workstation mixed with a 780TI.

Expert procrastinator.

My first computer was a laptop - Asus G51Jx and that was back in 2010.

Specs :

- I7 720QM (Quad-core with HT)

- 16GB DDR3 RAM 

- GTX 360M

- 750GB HDD

- 1080p Screen

Not that bad for my first computer. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Um.

Core 2 duo E6300

OnBoard graphics

4Gigs of ram.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I dont have the specs at the first PC I used (family PC) it is still in the house even if no one uses it, but my First computer is the one I I using now, that I built 2-3 year ago, when I was 15:

Mainboard : ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V LX
Processor : Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3400   MHz  (max : 3800)
Physical Memory : 8192  MB DDR3-SDRAM (Corsair)
Video Card : AMD Radeon HD 7970 (Gigabyte OC)
Hard Disk : Samsung SSD 840 Series (250GB)
Hard Disk : Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 (1000GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : Toshiba-Samsung CDDVDW SH-224BB
Monitor Type : Dell Computer DELL U2412M - 24 inches
Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Powersupply: 750w Corsair
Operating System : Windows 7 Professional Professional Media Center 6.01.7601 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

I don't even know

But it had DDR333 (which I believe is DDR2?)

And about 128 or 256MB of it

I remember buying an upgrade for it... 

I don't even know

But it had DDR333 (which I believe is DDR2?)

And about 128 or 256MB of it

I remember buying an upgrade for it... 

Actually I think that is original plain old DDR

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Actually I think that is original plain old DDR

Yup, sure looks like it now that I googled it... 

And that was in 2005 I believe. It was shit even back then.

And then I upgraded to an Athlon II X4 640, 4GB RAM and a Radeon 6670 that I've been using until this year. You can imagine what that upgrade felt like...

the first computer I personally owned was Dell Optiplex GX620 that came with a P4, 1GB of ram and some intel onboard graphics. Used it from 2007-2011.

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

AMD A-10 5700 FM2 APU with a GTX 660.

Nuff said?

Edit: This was the first PC I built. Not owned. I don't know what the first one I owned was.

Just a prebuilt POS?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Just a prebuilt POS?

No, I selected the parts.  :ph34r:

It was my first build, I was impatient, went with just an APU, was disappointed, ended up slapping a GTX 660 in it, was still disappointed.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

my first pc i was a old microsoft pc or something running windows 95. toward the end it took 1 day to turn on the pc. but the my first build(and current) got a 780 in it. I'm happy with it.

Let me take you to the mountain!!

Pretty much sums it up.

I'm just a norwegien skier/snowboarder addicted to pow.

my first pc i was a old microsoft pc or something running windows 95. toward the end it took 1 day to turn on the pc. but the my first build(and current) got a 780 in it. I'm happy with it.

24 hour boot time!?  That must be a record...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

AMD fx 6100. 8GB Ram 1600MHz. EVGA GTX 560 ti 448 core classified. Some random hand me down case. Asus micro atx board.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

It was a handed down family computer. I'm pretty young, so this was in 2011. Pentium inside, 500 GB HDD, 4 GB of RAM, Windows 7, integrated graphics. It originally shipped with Vista right after it came out and actually handled it really well. It was one of _those_ HP Pavilion machines,

No, I selected the parts.  :ph34r:

It was my first build, I was impatient, went with just an APU, was disappointed, ended up slapping a GTX 660 in it, was still disappointed.

Not that POS, the other computer that you mentioned.

It was a handed down family computer. I'm pretty young, so this was in 2011. Pentium inside, 500 GB HDD, 4 GB of RAM, Windows 7, integrated graphics. It originally shipped with Vista right after it came out and actually handled it really well. It was one of _those_ HP Pavilion machines,

That's pretty much what my Mum gave to my Grand mother in exchange for her Asus A3H (which I fully upgraded), it has a 2GHz 45nm Pentium, 3GB RAM originally, the Intel GMA and a 250GB HDD. I upgraded it to Windows 7 as well for her. (its a Compaq Presario CQ60, still better than the newer Compaq laptops, but still outclassed by the Presario R3000).

PMSL

Not that POS, the other computer that you mentioned.

Oh, yeah. All I remember about it was an HP with a 6gb HDD

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Well it had a Pentium II in it, so...yea, pretty bad. I had it until 2008. :lol:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Don't know the specs, but it ran MS-DOS. Nobody knew how to use it.

Well it had a Pentium II in it, so...yea, pretty bad. I had it until 2008. :lol:

Similar to me having a Pentium III 667 with a 20GB HDD, 256MB RAM and a (now artifacting badly, but still useable) Geforce 256 until the start of 2014 as my desktop (of course in the interim I had 2 laptops-both of which were better). I'll say this-you don't miss what you don't have. The amount of good games it was actually able to play is astonishing considering the age of the hardware.

Don't know the specs, but it ran MS-DOS. Nobody knew how to use it.

Really? Because I got taught how to use DOS and Windows 2 when I was around 3-4 years old....even the old computers aren't that hard to use.

PMSL

AMD Duron CPU 899Mhz with a VIA mobo(can't remember it's model unfortunately) , 256MB RAM, nVidia Riva TNT2 MODEL64 32MB GPU, noname psu and case,not to mention the old CRT Monitor(still good btw)

Those who complain about a pc with 4gb of ram, COME ON!!! I would've done anything for something like that,though I understand the age difference between some of us.

The first pc i owned myself was a 80486DX4 100 mhz, i believe it had 12 or 16 mb ram (edo if i recall correctly) startet with 400 mb hdd, but i got my fingers on a wooping 1,7 gb western digital 5400rpm disk...... (still have it LoL) gfx was something s3 1mb.

Yea, those were the days...

It ran "larry and the land of lounge lizards" butter smooth LoL

The first pc i owned myself was a 80486DX4 100 mhz, i believe it had 12 or 16 mb ram (edo if i recall correctly) startet with 400 mb hdd, but i got my fingers on a wooping 1,7 gb western digital 5400rpm disk...... (still have it LoL) gfx was something s3 1mb.

Yea, those were the days...

It ran "larry and the land of lounge lizards" butter smooth LoL

I remember s3!  My dad had an old laptop with graphics from them once... now when you search "S3" all you get is samsung phones :)